Feng Shui

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 01:21 am
What do you think can the feng shui enhance you home thereby enhance your home?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,021 • Replies: 7
No top replies

metaethics

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 08:39 am
Not many people heard about these but...
Their tradition suggest that you do not put your pillow heading north, nor put your feet towards a place or house where someone you admire or owe lives. These have been made customs for a long time and the ideas resurface even in their daily conversations.

Are these part of Feng Shui do's and dont's?
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 09:00 am
I always sleep with my pillow opposite to the window. The window happens to be at the south.
0 Replies

metaethics

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 09:27 am
At the south...
My mother will be glad to hear that. She also recommended that I sleep with my heart up. That's why I always have a skewed backache on my right shoulder and I call it my mother's on my side.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:55 pm
Quote:
Feng Shui is not a religion, philosophy or superstition. Essentially, this time honored technique is commonly applied by all Chinese to achieve prosperity and harmony in their homes and businesses. It is called the Art of Placement because the knowledge will guide us in placing objects in an environment to retrieve the best prosperity. One of the basic principles of Feng Shui is that chi (energy) or the cosmic breath is in everything, always changing, and constantly moving. It is interconnected with all.

FENG SHUI - "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 09:03 am
I believe in passive solar. i heard a comedian who said of Feng Shue
"If your life sucks, dont blame your furniture"
0 Replies

metaethics

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 12:09 pm
Don't Blame 'em!
Right, but they really do blame it on furniture, how the room is arranged, on which side of the house the window is located, and how the wind blows in and out of the house. When someone was fatally ill, somebody in the house passed on, the guest to the house later lost a job, the owner went bankrupt... and on and on.

I thought though, when they did that, it was much better than taking it on me or blaming it on my father's sin.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 03:13 pm
I WAS RAISED CATHOLIC SO WE HAVE ALL KINDS OF SINS THAT ARE NEVER OUR OWN FAULTS, BUT WE MUST SUFFER ANYWAY.

WE HAVE
ORIGINAL SIN
NOT-SO-VERY-ORIGINAL SIN
PLAGIARIZED SIN
HOI SIN
MAJOR SIN
VENIAL SIN
MORTAL SIN
FLESH WOUND SIN

THEN THE NUNS WOULD TELL US, WE CANT UNDERSTAND IT, BUT IF WE ARE GOOD, AND DONT BITE OUR FINGERNAILS, WE WILL ALL GO TO HEAVEN WHERE IT WILL ALL BE SPELLED OUT FOR US. HELLOOOO
0 Replies