URL for manufacturer of Waring Blendors

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:52 pm
Google has so many irrelevant listings (e.e. Fred Waring!) that I can't spot the address of the maker of this particular line of blenders - if they list it at all.

Can anyone give me the web address?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,880 • Replies: 7
No top replies

fishin

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:09 pm
Fred Waring is the guy that designed the Waring blender and started the company. The Company name is now "Waring Corporation" but I'll be danged if I can find a URL for them. ?!?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:13 pm
Hmmm.. Waring does have a toll free customer service number though! Very Happy

(800) 831-3960
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 08:36 am
Fred Waring was a big band leader. Was the Blenor man also Fred?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 08:37 am
Anyway, I'm glad to know I wasn't being stupid - even in these times I guess it's possible for a company not to be on the Internet . . .
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 07:47 pm
WARING BLENDER
The 'Waring Blender' was one of the earliest commercially successful blenders. The most unusual thing about it is it is named after orchestra leader Fred Waring.
Frederick Osius worked on improving inventor Poplawski's blender, and went to Waring for financial backing. Waring backed its development, in part, so he could puree raw vegetables for the ulcer diet his doctors prescribed. Waring also delighted in most new inventions. The Waring Blender (originally called the Miracle Mixer) debuted in 1937 and sold for $29.75. By 1954 one million Waring Blendors had been sold.

The Waring Blender was used by Dr. Jonas Salk in his laboratory while he was working on the Salk Polio Vaccine. Source

Here's the corporate URL http://www.waringproducts.com/entry_flash.html
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 08:05 am
Good Lord, Swimpy, how did you know all this?!?!

And thanks for the address.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 09:43 am
I took some detective work, but I love doing that. Glad i could help, TK. You have been in a cooking state of mind lately, haven't you?
0 Replies