94 pontiac grand am (electrical problems)

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 01:18 pm
Sad
Hi, i have a 94 pontiac grand am se 4 cylinder. and about 2 weeks ago i put a new cd player in it and about 30 minutes after i put it in and started riding down the street, the cd player lost all power and the (ABS) light on the dash came on and wont go off unless i turn the car off. Crying or Very sad the over head dome lights will not go off at all. they stay on with the car on and off. i pulled the fuse to turn them off. and i checked all the other fuses and they are all fine. Oh i also found out that the 12volt memory for the radio is not getting any power to it. but all the other wires to the radio are fine. so if anyone out there knows anything about this, or something that will help. please help me out.

Thank you very much.
Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,780 • Replies: 8
No top replies

spades26

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 12:31 pm
hi
hey i got the same problem and dont know how to fix it if you find out anything please let me know and if i find out ill let u know
0 Replies

Lt1

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 10:50 pm
I noticed your post is a little crusty (Jan6) but, if you haven't already figured it out........... Did you tap into an axiliry power supply, is it fused, or did you borrow your 12 volt needs from an existing (fused source)?

Lt1
0 Replies

spades26

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 08:56 am
hey
i used a adaptor from a store for the wiring harness what i think is the problem is that the convenance computer died im going to check this week and ill post my progress
0 Replies

PhillysTopDawg

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 12:25 pm
Still no progress
no i have not made any progress on this problem yet. i have been posting it all over the place. this is the first time anyone has ever replied to any of my postings on it. but i have been going to different car repair spots and they all say that they don't deal with problems like that if an after market radio was installed. so i am still trying to find out what i can on the net.
0 Replies

spades26

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 01:53 pm
ok ive just got the l8est on this problem
ok i've just got the later on this problem you will need to change your convince computer it worked for me what the problem is the it that the new deck shorted the computer because the computer was old you can pick up one at the scrap yard for like 10 to 20 bucks.

its located behind the fuse box (a very pain to get at) anyway there you have it and good luck it will be hard to get at but will fix the problem...

hope it works out for you
0 Replies

PhillysTopDawg

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 09:17 am
thanks for the info. i will try that and then post my results when i am done. and thanks again i really do appreciate it.
0 Replies

PhillysTopDawg

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 09:24 am
i have a real quick question.
what kind of car do you have spades26?
0 Replies

spades26

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 11:17 am
my ride
the car with the problem that im working on is a friends car it a 94 grand am gt but the car i drive is a honda accord
0 Replies