the trouble with jesus...

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 01:41 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
One thing is for certain...

...among the least Christian people on this planet...

...will be found people who profess unwaivering loyalty to Christ.

Perhaps you didn't intend to write that the way you did, but it is a very true statement. There are very devout Christians out and about among the least Christian people on this planet. Those are the missionaries, those who have been called to preach the Good News to the unsaved.

You indended to write something different ........ ?

Very sharp observation, Ti.

Reminds me of the statement, "There is nothing to fear!"

That also can be read two ways...being both the ultimate of comfort...and the direst of warnings.

My comment, indeed, could be read two ways.

I meant it one way...but you saw the second.

I guess my subconscious saw the possible ambiguity...which may account for the fact that I felt compelled to add the second post of explanation.

And I want to acknowledge that you are right. There are good, hard-working Christians out there doing the kinds of things I dare to presume Jesus would have wanted done.

But then there are the others.

Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson come to mind.

They both profess unwaivering loyalty to Jesus. But both are a blight on message Jesus offered.
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 02:30 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Last night (well early this morning) on the way home from the club, God told me that Jesus is going to kick your ass, and that he (God) has his back. I wouldn't want to be you.....because you are going to find out first hand about trouble with Jesus.

Oh, yeah?

Well, God told me that he has had it with you using bad words like ass! uh oh, now, I'm in trouble, too. :wink:
0 Replies