Mazda Re-start

Pitter

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 06:00 am
I have a 2002 Mazda pick up with 2200 motor and fuel injection. It starts just fine in the morning following standard procedure for a modern fuel injected vehicle, that is turning the key to start waiting two or three seconds and then cranking with out touching the gas pedal. However if I shut it off after running only a minute or so it absolutely wont restart for the next hour. What on earth is going on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 716 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 10:38 am
Sounds like vapor lock. Try opening the gas cap.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 08:43 pm
Thanks I'll give it a try but I gotta admit I'm skeptical.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 01:52 am
Me too. Very Happy
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 06:44 pm
I'm almost sure it has something to do with the fuel injection system. A sensor that measures fuel/air mixture for cold/hot engine or something?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 11:43 am
You might try another forum, such as:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/

I admit I haven't used that one. But I have used this one:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=1

Since it's a fuel injection problem, it may not be Mazda specific. Good luck.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
Pitter wrote:
I'm almost sure it has something to do with the fuel injection system. A sensor that measures fuel/air mixture for cold/hot engine or something?

I'd agree that it sure does sound like the fuel injection system. I'd look at the fuel pressure regulator. It sounds like your regulator isn't kicking in as quickly as it should and without pressure the fuel isn't being forced up to the injectors.
0 Replies