The True Hell

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:33 pm
snood wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
snood wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Why anyone would want to adore and love a god who apparently plans to punish some people by excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity...is completely beyond me.

The worst psychopath that ever lived on Earth was never that disgusting.

But to each his/her own.

MY GUESS: These people who proclaim love for this barbaric god have about as much love for the god as the Iraqi people interviewed in the street before our invasion had the love they protested for Saddam Hussein.

How expansive. So you're saying that the christians who say they love their god are insane, disgusting and about as loving as Al Quaeda? Or, have I sorely misread you again?

Oh, you definitely have sorely misread me, Snood...but you do that all the time. You realize you cannot debate me on what I say...so you try to misrepresent it and then you argue against your misrepresentation.

In any case, to clarify...

...I am saying the Christians are doing the equivalent of the what the Iraqis who were interviewed in the street just before we invaded did. Covering their ass in the face of a mindlessly barbaric monster. Those Iraqis were all effusive in their protestations of love for Saddam Hussein...with several repeatedly kissing pictures of man.

The Iraqis were terrified of Saddam Hussein. He was scumbagh...a man who would regularly torture and kill people and relatives of people who crossed him or who did not enthusiastically support him.

The Christians who go on and on about how much they love this god...whom the Bible pretty much shows to be like Saddam Hussein...except missing all the nice aspects of Saddam Hussein...and being infinitely more barbaric, murderous, and petty....

...are, like the Iraqis...terrified of the god.

What the hell...if I thought that monster existed, I'd be terrified of it too.

The god, for one thing, does Saddam Hussein one better in the "I'll get ya if you f**k with me" department. Hussein would torture and kill the people who did. This god, according to the mythology, will subject them to excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity.

Not sure how to make that any plainer, Snood...but if you still have trouble with it...ask. Maybe someone can help me get it down to a level you can understand.

Oh, you need help, alright. But not to get anything "down to my level", as you so sagely put it. Nothing you submit here has shown you to be any smarter than anyone of the several people whose intellect and balance you like to besmirch, including me. Not smarter, and definitely not wiser. Just older and more bitter.

Yeah, sure.

I'm grumpy.

Take a look at the face in your avatar...and then look at mine.

Grow up.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:36 pm
snood wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
snood wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Why anyone would want to adore and love a god who apparently plans to punish some people by excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity...is completely beyond me.

But to each his/her own.

MY GUESS: These people who proclaim love for this barbaric god have about as much love for the god as the Iraqi people interviewed in the street before our invasion had the love they protested for Saddam Hussein.

How expansive. So you're saying that the christians who say they love their god are insane, disgusting and about as loving as Al Quaeda? Or, have I sorely misread you again?

Oh, you definitely have sorely misread me, Snood...but you do that all the time. You realize you cannot debate me on what I say...so you try to misrepresent it and then you argue against your misrepresentation.

...I am saying the Christians are doing the equivalent of the what the Iraqis who were interviewed in the street just before we invaded did. Covering their ass in the face of a mindlessly barbaric monster. Those Iraqis were all effusive in their protestations of love for Saddam Hussein...with several repeatedly kissing pictures of man.

The Iraqis were terrified of Saddam Hussein. He was scumbagh...a man who would regularly torture and kill people and relatives of people who crossed him or who did not enthusiastically support him.

The Christians who go on and on about how much they love this god...whom the Bible pretty much shows to be like Saddam Hussein...except missing all the nice aspects of Saddam Hussein...and being infinitely more barbaric, murderous, and petty....

The god, for one thing, does Saddam Hussein one better in the "I'll get ya if you f**k with me" department. Hussein would torture and kill the people who did. This god, according to the mythology, will subject them to excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity.

Not sure how to make that any plainer, Snood...but if you still have trouble with it...ask. Maybe someone can help me get it down to a level you can understand.

Oh, you need help, alright. But not to get anything "down to my level", as you so sagely put it. Nothing you submit here has shown you to be any smarter than anyone of the several people whose intellect and balance you like to besmirch, including me. Not smarter, and definitely not wiser. Just older and more bitter.

Yeah, sure.

I'm bitter.

Take a look at the face in your avatar...and then look at mine!

Grow up!
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:37 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Bibliophile the BibleGuru wrote:
There was no pretense in my question - it was a simple question, one which clearly frightened you.

I am not "frightened" by anything you write...and there is nothing in my post that indicates fright. You just made that up.

I didn't say there was a pretence in your question...you just made that up.

I asked you a question...which you avoided.

Do you want to answer it...or do you want to continue in the game playing you so often engage in?

Frightened? Sure you are. It's always the little bully boy who likes to make the snide comments then runs away. Sounds like your style to me, Frank.

Pretense? Sure you did - here's the quote: "So now...you...in order to further an argument you are making and going nowhere with...want to pretend that it is not part of the heritage that is Christianity."

Which question was that?
0 Replies

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:40 pm
Frankapisa wrote:

LOL Laughing Laughing

I'm still laughing at that one, Frank - that was goooooood. Laughing

A big Leprechaun respect to ya. Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:45 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
There was no pretense in my question - it was a simple question, one which clearly frightened you.

I am not "frightened" by anything you write...and there is nothing in my post that indicates fright. You just made that up.

I didn't say there was a pretence in your question...you just made that up.

I asked you a question...which you avoided.

Do you want to answer it...or do you want to continue in the game playing you so often engage in?

Pretense? Sure you did - here's the quote: "So now...you...in order to further an argument you are making and going nowhere with...want to pretend that it is not part of the heritage that is Christianity."

Oops...you got me on that one.

I was wrong completely...and you were right.

I apologize.

Quote:
Frightened? Sure you are.

Nah...I'm not frightened...I laugh at guys like you. You entertain me more than you could ever frighten me. But if it makes you feel big to think that you frighten me...go ahead. Anything to help someone like you cope with your ego problems.

Quote:
It's always the little bully boy who likes to make the snide comments then runs away.

Sorry, Bib...but I NEVER run away...and it is almost hilarious that you bring that up.

Jeez!

Quote:
Sounds like your style to me, Frank.

Please refer to my previous answer. You are a riot tonight.

Quote:
Which question was that?

Are you a Christian?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:51 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
snood wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
snood wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

But to each his/her own.

Yeah, sure.

I'm bitter.

Grow up!

Yeah, you're bitter, alright. And pitiful, and disdainful of anyone who has made peace with their god.

And the fact that you think having a smiling avatar picture means something is shallow and dimwitted. I suppose you think posting a picture with you in a dress would make you a woman.

Get over yourself.
0 Replies

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:53 pm
Christian? Yes I am.

Are you antagonisitic, sorry Agnostic? :wink:
0 Replies

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:56 pm
Hey Snood: stop with the quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes, man. My eyes are starting to roll like Franks. :wink:
0 Replies

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 04:08 pm
The next time I'm feeling low I'm gonna look at the following two quotes of yours, Frank. One made me laugh and the other made me proud:

Quote #1 "I'm bitter. Take a look at the face in your avatar...and then look at mine! "

Quote #2 "Oops...you got me on that one. I was wrong completely...and you were right. I apologize."

You're a good adversary, Frank. I've enjoyed the jousting. :wink:

Respect from Bib. :cool:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 04:33 pm
Hey Bib

Looks like another "oops" is in order.

I really wish I had read your comments...

Quote:
I'm still laughing at that one, Frank - that was goooooood. Laughing

A big Leprechaun respect to ya. Very Happy

...before my last post.

You extended your hand...while I was busy taking another shot.

Once again I offer a heartfelt apology.

But I think that although we have points of view that are diametrically opposed...we are probably on the same page at last.

Lemme answer another question you asked:

Quote:
Are you antagonisitic, sorry Agnostic?

Yep...both!

Often more of the former...than the some people want to see or deal with. But...you know how those things are.

I use to make New Year's resolutions to correct a bit of that former...but at my age, I no longer like kidding myself.

Although this is of little comfort...every member of the the township council of my hometown knows me by my first name...and when I show up at meetings (not all that often any more)...I see them whisper to each other and point me out. Its like an NFL quarterback pointing out a blitzing linebacker to the blockers who are supposed to protect. What they get when I've got an issue to take up with them makes some of the stuff here look like child's play.

I just went in and started dinner...and discovered your post when I returned. Nancy will be home in less than an hour...and we're having a bit of stew I just set in motion...and I've got to tend to that.

I'm gonna stay out of this thread until tomorrow...although I have a few others to deal with.

I may want to discuss a couple of points with you...but I would much prefer to do it fresh...and from the perspective of respect for you and your views. I doubt we will ever reach agreement...but we might at least be able to have a better feeling for the other side of the coin.

See ya in the a.m.

f.
0 Replies

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 05:58 am
Respect to you, Frank. I think you're beginning to figure me out. :wink:
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 12:23 pm
I've recently done some reading about the true nature of hell. In The Case For Faith by Lee Strobel (who is a Christian), there is a well documented argument that hell is not the fire and brimstone and long-tongued ghouls from all the scenes we've all seen, but rather an eternal separation from God. I wouldn't have thought such a simple concept could be made to sound so horrible, but it did.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 12:46 pm
One of the things Catholics teach their adherents...is that the single most torturous aspect of Hell is the eternal, and unrectifiable, separation from God.

They teach that no matter what else is used in Hell to torture the souls sent there...nothing will match the torture of knowing that the "beatific vision" (personal knowledge of god) is forever lost.

They teach that the punishments are not only severe and unrelenting...but that they are eternal.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07207a.htm

Special attention to chapter V (Poena Damni) and chapter VI (Poena Sensus).
0 Replies

Max209

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 03:44 am
so basically athiests that do not go believe in god are in a temporary form of hell which they can get out of by believing in god

WTF

you dont have to believe in god (brcause of free will etc) but if u dont ure gonna go to hell
which is pretty bad if it is the hell of fire and ****

although i spose in not believing in god heven or hell i'm ok and not believing in him now it doesnt matter if i'm seperated from him now then whats eternity lol
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 04:30 am
Max209 wrote:
so basically athiests that do not go believe in god are in a temporary form of hell which they can get out of by believing in god

WTF

you dont have to believe in god (brcause of free will etc) but if u dont ure gonna go to hell
which is pretty bad if it is the hell of fire and ****

although i spose in not believing in god heven or hell i'm ok and not believing in him now it doesnt matter if i'm seperated from him now then whats eternity lol

Yeah, what's eternity?
0 Replies

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 11:27 am
The biblical definition for HELL is "the grave" or "gravedom" - there is no such place or fixed location called "Hell" - this was a persuasive device employed by the Roman Catholic Church in order to force parishoners to buy indulgences from the Pope.

It's a shame that such a false notion has persisted to this day.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 11:28 am
The biblical definition for HELL is "the grave" or "gravedom" - there is no such place or fixed location called "Hell" - this was a persuasive device employed by the Roman Catholic Church in order to force parishoners to buy indulgences from the Pope.

It's a shame that such a false notion has persisted to this day.

It is a shame that any of the mythology persists to this day!
0 Replies

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 11:39 am
Let the jousting begin...gentlemen, (not you Sir Frank) mount your horses!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mythology? How would you know unless you were there to prove or disprove it?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 12:03 pm
Let the jousting begin...gentlemen, (not you Sir Frank) mount your horses!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mythology? How would you know unless you were there to prove or disprove it?

I don't even understand the question!!!! :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 12:04 pm
I going to assume that you, Bib, of all people anywhere on this planet....

...understand the word "myth."
0 Replies