The True Hell

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:49 am
According to the christian view on sexuality and alcohol I believe that is heaven...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 12:34 pm
Why anyone would want to adore and love a god who apparently plans to punish some people by excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity...is completely beyond me.

The worst psychopath that ever lived on Earth was never that disgusting.

But to each his/her own.

MY GUESS: These people who proclaim love for this barbaric god have about as much love for the god as the Iraqi people interviewed in the street before our invasion had the love they protested for Saddam Hussein.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 01:17 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
I remember reading in the bible that Jesus himself denies being the son of god any more than anyone else.

Please quote the biblical citation for this. I am not aware of it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 01:23 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Why anyone would want to adore and love a god who apparently plans to punish some people by excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity...is completely beyond me.

But to each his/her own.

MY GUESS: These people who proclaim love for this barbaric god have about as much love for the god as the Iraqi people interviewed in the street before our invasion had the love they protested for Saddam Hussein.

How expansive. So you're saying that the christians who say they love their god are insane, disgusting and about as loving as Al Quaeda? Or, have I sorely misread you again?
0 Replies

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 01:30 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Very Frank!

You have failed to understand the difference between the VERACITY and FEROCITY of God; the JUSTICE and JUDGMENT of God.

Do you agree with the Death Penalty?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 01:38 pm
Snood, based on Frank's many posts on his views of the Christian God, I think you are reading his remarks properly. But I think he would be too kind to say it quite the way you did. Right Frank? Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 02:33 pm
snood wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

But to each his/her own.

How expansive. So you're saying that the christians who say they love their god are insane, disgusting and about as loving as Al Quaeda? Or, have I sorely misread you again?

Oh, you definitely have sorely misread me, Snood...but you do that all the time. You realize you cannot debate me on what I say...so you try to misrepresent it and then you argue against your misrepresentation.

In any case, to clarify...

...I am saying the Christians are doing the equivalent of the what the Iraqis who were interviewed in the street just before we invaded did. Covering their ass in the face of a mindlessly barbaric monster. Those Iraqis were all effusive in their protestations of love for Saddam Hussein...with several repeatedly kissing pictures of man.

The Iraqis were terrified of Saddam Hussein. He was scumbagh...a man who would regularly torture and kill people and relatives of people who crossed him or who did not enthusiastically support him.

The Christians who go on and on about how much they love this god...whom the Bible pretty much shows to be like Saddam Hussein...except missing all the nice aspects of Saddam Hussein...and being infinitely more barbaric, murderous, and petty....

...are, like the Iraqis...terrified of the god.

What the hell...if I thought that monster existed, I'd be terrified of it too.

The god, for one thing, does Saddam Hussein one better in the "I'll get ya if you f**k with me" department. Hussein would torture and kill the people who did. This god, according to the mythology, will subject them to excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity.

Not sure how to make that any plainer, Snood...but if you still have trouble with it...ask. Maybe someone can help me get it down to a level you can understand.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 02:38 pm
Bibliophile the BibleGuru wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Very Frank!

You have failed to understand the difference between the VERACITY and FEROCITY of God; the JUSTICE and JUDGMENT of God.

No I haven't, Bib.

You, on the other hand, have failed to understand the difference between rationalization and reason.

Quote:
Do you agree with the Death Penalty?

I have no quarrel with the death penalty.

However, if someone suggested a punishment of keeping a person alive and subjecting them to excruciating, unrelenting torture for as long as possible...I would have lots of problems.

Anyone suggesting that kind of thing is a psychopath.

The god of your mythology, Bib, is a psychopath's psychopath.
0 Replies

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 02:42 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

However, if someone suggested a punishment of keeping a person alive and subjecting them to excruciating, unrelenting torture for as long as possible...I would have lots of problems.

If you accept the Death Penalty then why would you question God being able to execute people?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

If you accept the Death Penalty then why would you question God being able to execute people?

Earth calling Bib...come in please.

C'mon...someone poke Bib and ask him to wake up!

The god of your mythology, Bib, is not going to "execute" people...he is going to keep them alive...

...ALIVE...

...and he is going to subject them to unrelenting, excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity.

Try to see the difference.

HEY SOMEONE...ANYONE...tell Bib there is a difference. I don't think he wants to accept that assessment from me.
0 Replies

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 02:49 pm
Assessment? What a laugh.

To which part of the Bible are you referring with respect to "unrelenting, excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity?"

Looks like you've seen too many stereotypical movies, or been heavily influenced by a hell-fire preacher.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 02:58 pm
Assessment? What a laugh.

To which part of the Bible are you referring with respect to "unrelenting, excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity?"

Looks like you've seen too many stereotypical movies, or been heavily influenced by a hell-fire preacher.

Yeah...the old ploy.

I was wondering when you were going to pull this phony rabbit out.

If it doesn't fit in with the argument you are making at the moment...just say it doesn't exist...or that it has been misinterpreted.

Christianity has taught that there is a Hell...and that Hell is a place of unremitting, excruciating torture for all the rest of eternity.

Damn near every church father touched on the subject...and discussed it.

So now...you...in order to further an argument you are making and going nowhere with...want to pretend that it is not part of the heritage that is Christianity.

Thanks for the laugh.

If you are the Christian you say you are...your mythology includes the notion of a Hell...and it includes the notion of eternal punishment.

When you want to get back to reality...let me know.
0 Replies

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:14 pm
And when did I state that I was a Christian?

Jumping to conclusions again, Frank.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:16 pm
And when did I state that I was a Christian?

Jumping to conclusions again, Frank.

Okay...let's play your silly little games, Bib.

Are you a Christian, Bib?
0 Replies

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:16 pm
There was no pretense in my question - it was a simple question, one which clearly frightened you.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:17 pm
Whoa. You guys are like two terminator machines crashing through every room in the house while you fight. Cool Smile

One thing: The God that christians believe in is a personified god. This belief stems from a mistake in translation. The ancient hebrews did not believe in a god that is personified.

Jesus was born of a virgin... In the language this was first said in there is no distinction between 'virgin' and 'young girl'.

God does not kill. He doesn't have to. Humans do it for him.

One thing is to imagine a god as a personality. But to assume that this entity is even remotely similar to a human is outrageous.
God created man in his image, I believe you were going to reply to that, and to that I say: why is a soap-bubble round?
It is round because it is the most energy efficient configuration.

I will not specify further than that, because when the answers are clear you seem unable to understand them. Maybe if they are incoherent and full of unconfirmed statements you might have a better chance...
0 Replies

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:19 pm
Silly games! I ask a question, you jump to conclusions, you then make unfounded assertions, fly off the handle, and come back with more rhetoric. Grow up, man.

If you can't answer a simple question then at least have the decency to stay in control and not make wild accusations.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:24 pm
Bib, I'll have to check about that biblical quote.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:28 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
snood wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

But to each his/her own.

Oh, you definitely have sorely misread me, Snood...but you do that all the time. You realize you cannot debate me on what I say...so you try to misrepresent it and then you argue against your misrepresentation.

In any case, to clarify...

...I am saying the Christians are doing the equivalent of the what the Iraqis who were interviewed in the street just before we invaded did. Covering their ass in the face of a mindlessly barbaric monster. Those Iraqis were all effusive in their protestations of love for Saddam Hussein...with several repeatedly kissing pictures of man.

The Iraqis were terrified of Saddam Hussein. He was scumbagh...a man who would regularly torture and kill people and relatives of people who crossed him or who did not enthusiastically support him.

The Christians who go on and on about how much they love this god...whom the Bible pretty much shows to be like Saddam Hussein...except missing all the nice aspects of Saddam Hussein...and being infinitely more barbaric, murderous, and petty....

...are, like the Iraqis...terrified of the god.

What the hell...if I thought that monster existed, I'd be terrified of it too.

The god, for one thing, does Saddam Hussein one better in the "I'll get ya if you f**k with me" department. Hussein would torture and kill the people who did. This god, according to the mythology, will subject them to excruciating torture throughout all the rest of eternity.

Not sure how to make that any plainer, Snood...but if you still have trouble with it...ask. Maybe someone can help me get it down to a level you can understand.

Oh, you need help, alright. But not to get anything "down to my level", as you so sagely put it. Nothing you submit here has shown you to be any smarter than anyone of the several people whose intellect and balance you like to besmirch, including me. Not smarter, and definitely not wiser. Just older and more bitter.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 03:30 pm
There was no pretense in my question - it was a simple question, one which clearly frightened you.

I am not "frightened" by anything you write...and there is nothing in my post that indicates fright. You just made that up.

I didn't say there was a pretence in your question...you just made that up.

I asked you a question...which you avoided.

Do you want to answer it...or do you want to continue in the game playing you so often engage in?
0 Replies