ps2 newbie - needs help

JPB

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 10:10 am
We bought our kids a ps2 for Christmas. They've been playing the latest LOTR game. My daughter is about 15% of the way through and her game freezes up at the same spot over and over. My husband is further along than she is and didn't freeze up there (or anywhere else, yet).

Can you tell me if you've had experience with freeze ups? Is it the game, the game system, not enough memory left on the memory card? Is there any recovery for my daughter or should she start over. Or, is this a piece of crap and we should return the whole thing while we can?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,073 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 10:12 am
My husband had the same problem. The memory cards information was corrupt. Try erasing what she has done so far and starting over. This solved our problem.

Good luck!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 04:15 pm
Thanks Kristie,

Do you know if its a chronic issue with PS2 games. I'll take the whole thing back if it's going to keep causing the distress that it caused yesterday.
0 Replies

Mashlin

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:33 am
May be the PS2 is getting too hot.
My girldfriend had the same issues. After moving the PS2 from her narrow TV rack to an better ventilated place the issues were gone.

Try this if you haven't done yet.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:54 am
J_B wrote:
Thanks Kristie,

Do you know if its a chronic issue with PS2 games. I'll take the whole thing back if it's going to keep causing the distress that it caused yesterday.

Sorry I didn't repond. For some reason it didn't show as new on my new posts....hm.

Anyway, I think it was just a glitch. He's never had a problem since.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:25 pm
She had saved a game in a different slot a while before so she took that game over and was able to get past the spot where everything froze up. I haven't heard any more swearing from dh or crying from dd so I think all is well.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 10:01 am
I hope it works out...nothing is more frustrating than losing a game you've been playing forever.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 10:18 am
My cousin is a HUGE ps2 fan. He complains of the same thing on MANY games.
I personally own an X box.
So... point of the story... \My cousin couldnt get this problem to stop. He returned / exchanged his ps2 system, game cartridges, memory cards etc. it never stopped. Just randomly ruined his game playing.
He bought an x box and is happy as a bug in a rug.
This isnt a new thing with the PS2.. seems a rampant problem.
Maybe.. maybe not.. but thats my 2 cents. :-)
0 Replies

Francisco DAnconia

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 11:11 pm
Also the CD could have gotten scratched subsequently to your husband passing that point. Try cleaning it off, use Windex. Works wonders sometimes.
0 Replies