This Chinese Student's Sentence: Redundant or Acceptable?

Glennn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:06 pm
@oristarA,
Some men . . . and lesbians are partial to straight lines and sharp, pointy corners, I guess.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:15 pm
@oristarA,
A brick **** house would be solidly constructed and built to better than usual standards.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:18 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
built to better than usual standards.

and there we have Beyonce and Doris Day
chai2

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:25 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah, Doris was pretty fit, as the Brits would say.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/4b/60/6e/4b606ed2665de708aa9d6de46fc8ec25--speed-boats-old-hollywood.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:27 pm
@chai2,
She was famously called Bubble Butt by some director. Apparently you could stand packages on the top ledge.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:27 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

A brick **** house would be solidly constructed and built to better than usual standards.

I searched "brick **** house" and it looks the opposite: poor quality:
https://cn.bing.com/th?id=OIP.QEr5OmkM_7-1xFjIdmuFPAEsDh&pid=3.1&cb=&w=300&h=300&p=0

There appears to be no consistency between such shithouse and the defintion offered by Urban dictionary:
Quote:
built like a brick **** house
Complimentary expression for a well endowed women that is "stacked" or built like M. Monroe.
Yes, I agree that she is "phat", built like a brick **** house.
Glennn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:34 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:
I searched "brick **** house" and it looks the opposite: poor quality

Yeah, well just look at the way that guy's looking at that brick shithouse. He's definitely got something on his mind; that's for sure.
chai2

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:39 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

One thing I don't understand:

How could the shape of "a brick shithouse" be curvaceous and sexy?

roger said it well, but to explain further...

It's not saying "she has the shape of a a brick shithouse"

It's "she's built Like a brick shithouse"

In America a shithouse, better known as an Outhouse, is generally seen as a drafty, cold in winter, hot in summer, smelly place that isn't contructed that well. It just serves a purpose.

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/classic-american-outhouse-picture-id157377660?k=6&m=157377660&s=612x612&w=0&h=Rv8nboI1KaI9LHYM7LjoUMMCxIvIA3USMbSXu2Uh7oE=

Now, if you were to take the time, skill and money to make a deluxe outhouse, out of brick, well, you have something special there.

It's not saying other women are outhouses. It's just saying some women are, as the song I posted said "She knows she's built, and knows how to please. Sure 'nuff could knock a strong man to his knees"

Not literally knock him down, just that she's built so sexy and strong he'd drop to his knees just looking at her.

Get it?

chai2

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:44 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

roger wrote:

I searched "brick **** house" and it looks the opposite: poor quality:
https://cn.bing.com/th?id=OIP.QEr5OmkM_7-1xFjIdmuFPAEsDh&pid=3.1&cb=&w=300&h=300&p=0

There appears to be no consistency between such shithouse and the defintion offered by Urban dictionary:
Quote:
built like a brick **** house
Complimentary expression for a well endowed women that is "stacked" or built like M. Monroe.
Yes, I agree that she is "phat", built like a brick **** house.

Yeah but look at that brick shithouse.

I'd like to see you knock that sum bitch down.

It's partly a joke, get it? Don't take it so literal that a woman is being compared to someplace you go to take a dump.

Compared to an outhouse made of old wood with the cold wind howling through in February, a brick one would be deluxe.
oristarA

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:47 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Yeah, well just look at the way that guy's looking at that brick shithouse. He's definitely got something on his mind; that's for sure.

Did you mean that his "sexual desire" is like "****" in his mind?
oristarA

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:51 pm
@chai2,
Got it.
Thank you.
Thank you all.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:56 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
She knows she's built, and knows how to please.

Sure, but that is not to say that a woman who is built like a wood shithouse doesn't know how to please. In fact, a woman built like a wood shithouse may very well know how to please better than one built like a brick shithouse because if she doesn't, she knows she won't get many callers; and more importantly, repeat callers.
Quote:
just that she's built so sexy and strong he'd drop to his knees just looking at her.

Okay, for the sake of all the underage readers, we'll say that he's on his knees just to look at her.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:20 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Glennn wrote:

Did you mean that his "sexual desire" is like "****" in his mind?

Jesus Oristar, get a sense of humor already.

The fact it's an outhouse is moot.

Let's say you have a pencil, an ordinary everyday pencil. You use it, you need it, it's nothing special.

Now you're given a pencil that's encased in gold, and has a big diamond on it instead of an eraser.

Does the same job, but is more impressive while doing it.
Glennn

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:43 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Now you're given a pencil that's encased in gold

Oh that's just great. How am I ever going to sharpen such a pencil?
Quote:
and has a big diamond on it instead of an eraser.

And if I make a mistake while writing with it, what then? If you ask me, that plain Jane pencil is starting to look pretty damn sexy.
roger

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:54 pm
@Glennn,
Well then, get a wooden shithouse. Anyway, it's easier to move once the hole below is uncomfortably close to the seat.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:02 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Now you're given a pencil that's encased in gold

Oh that's just great. How am I ever going to sharpen such a pencil?
Quote:
and has a big diamond on it instead of an eraser.

And if I make a mistake while writing with it, what then? If you ask me, that plain Jane pencil is starting to look pretty damn sexy.

I like your style.

Here's a million dollars.
Ohhhh.....and what about the tax?

I bet they'll be people trying to climb through the ropes to get to my door, wanting to be my friend now.

No thanks. Just leave me alone with my ramen noodles.
chai2

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:06 pm
@chai2,
The salt content will send your blood pressure sky high, and you'll retain water and have a hard time putting on your shoes.

It's always something.

https://media.giphy.com/media/P5imUTWc73wzK/giphy.gif
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 02:00 am
Can I just put something right, Beyoncé would never be referred to as being built like a brick shithouse. It's a term to imply threat or security depending on whether the individual is on your side.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/80/77/de/8077de76ec27febb2e5469d2b25530f5.jpg

This bloke is built like a brick shithouse.
roger

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 02:39 am
@izzythepush,
Obviously, the phrase doesn't translate well.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2017 01:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I didn't realise Jessica Ennis was in charge of how we talked. I'd better stop calling it junk food before someone tells the beefeaters and I end up in the Tower.

I think we've infected your figures of speech. Does the Tower have a reprogramming department?