The meaning of life <cartoons, etc.> ... an evolving thread

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:57 am
Suggestion for you, iknow: why not start your own thread then those folk who enjoy interacting with you can do so. Very Happy
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:58 am
msolga wrote:
Suggestion for you, iknow: why not start your own thread then those folk who enjoy interacting with you can do so. Very Happy

it isn't about enjoying interaction. like the name of this forum. its about learning.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:00 am
You're the teacher, Miss Olga. If you want to have a shot at it, then there's the more to admire in you. I've grown tired of this member. Explanations don't sink in with this member, and, as already noted, like a toddler, he just keeps asking why, even when a question has clearly been answered. My apologies, Miss Olga, for having taken up so much of your thread to no purpose.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:01 am
Well, I for one don't enjoy interacting with you. And don't intend to continue. <yawn> Is this the only way that you can get any attention? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:01 am
Setanta wrote:
You're the teacher, Miss Olga. If you want to have a shot at it, then there's the more to admire in you. I've grown tired of this member. Explanations don't sink in with this member, and, as already noted, like a toddler, he just keeps asking why, even when a question has clearly been answered. My apologies, Miss Olga, for having taken up so much of your thread to no purpose.

it hasn't been answered. no explaination was given. how is this thread related to the meaning of life.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:02 am
msolga wrote:
Well, I for one don't enjoy interacting with you. And don't intend to continue. <yawn> Is this the only way that you can get any attention? Rolling Eyes

- i'm trying to learn here not make friends. if i wanted to make friends i woulnd't be at the abletoknow - note the name - forum. sorry to disappoint that i don't want to be friends with you and get your attention. i just watned to learn.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:06 am
It'll all come to you, iknow, if you just work on it! As for me, it's late, you've bored me silly & bed is looking very appealing.

Night night, Setanta! Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:21 am
Good night, Dear Ukranian Witch . . . may your dreams run wild in long steppe grasses, with wild horses at your side . . .
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:42 am
iknow wrote:
- i'm trying to learn here not make friends. if i wanted to make friends i woulnd't be at the abletoknow - note the name - forum. sorry to disappoint that i don't want to be friends with you and get your attention. i just watned to learn.

There are a lot to things to learn on A2K but this thread is primarily where we learn about ourselves...how WE feel about life and how we feel about msolga's view of the meaning of life.

I imagine that your quest for absolute knowledge might have obscured your ability to know yourself and how you see life and it's meaning.

Perhaps if you read through our posts you will see that we have learned AND made friends
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:47 am
http://www.cagle.com/working/050822/lester.gif
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:16 am
<sighs, nods>
good cartoon
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:31 am
nimh...it broke my heart
0 Replies

theprofessor

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 12:31 pm
the meaning of life is to live the question should truely be do we as a society as a culture or as a species have a purpose humans are the only thing on this planet that are trying to be remembered through monuments scriptures and so forth everything else has there bones to be remembered by which eventually turns to dust as do we the meaning of life can be looked at on a macro scale or a micro scale does the whole entire human race have a purpose or do we as individuals the question itself seems more for trying to find ones self then it does to explain what life is life is a proven cycle so if we go on that than we are a recycled use of energy and our only purpose is to be used but well your alive you can use your life for many things if your meaning in life is to sleep thats not the meaning of life thats what you mean to do the meaning of life is to live to survive as long as you can untill your mind or body gives out under the pressures of the world around us

read this

thats just what i think today tommorow my thoughts may change have a good day
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:23 pm
Msolga--

You are a woman of great charm and restraint. I admire your poise and common sense.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

djbt

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 04:37 pm
Yes, in light of the unfortunate distraction from the cartoons, I just wanted to add my voice to those who quietly enjoy this thread. Loving your work. And when I get my scanner working (...), I'll try and throw in a few gems from the UK.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:38 am
Setanta wrote:
Good night, Dear Ukranian Witch . . . may your dreams run wild in long steppe grasses, with wild horses at your side . . .

Oh, they did, they did!
I feel revived! Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 02:10 am
Thank you, Setanta, Panzade, Noddy & djbt! (djbt, I don't believe we've met before. Welcome & I'm delighted you enjoy this thread. Very Happy )

The thing about political cartoons: It's simple, really. You read the news, the cartoonist reads the news & responds to the same issues with pictures. The pictures can hit the spot & even add a dimension to the text that is beyond words. S/he might even cause you to look at the issue in a different way. Bingo! Very Happy Or perhaps, the cartoonist's comment might simply reflect public opinion, or challenge it, or his/her comment might even bomb & be ineffectual. So what's complicated about that? That's enough justification for me. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 02:29 am
djbt wrote:
Yes, in light of the unfortunate distraction from the cartoons, I just wanted to add my voice to those who quietly enjoy this thread. Loving your work. And when I get my scanner working (...), I'll try and throw in a few gems from the UK.

Yes! Very Happy The more cartoon comment from everywhere is really welcomed, djbt! The reason this thread remains so dominated by Oz cartoonists is because I observe each day & post often ... & also because I'm obsessed! Laughing

But why do you need a scanner, I ask? Surprised I just take the cartoons from the daily papers online & post them here. Mind you, it took a few hits & misses to learn how to post an image here. (There are "how to do it" tutorials at A2K) But the people who helped me learn how to do it were fellow posters. Trial & error online! Very Happy (Remember that thread when I finally figured out how to do it, Panzade? Laughing)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 03:33 am
msolga wrote:
But why do you need a scanner, I ask? Surprised I just take the cartoons from the daily papers online & post them here.

Cant speak for djbt, but the reason I'm not posting any cartoons is because most of the newspapers I read (or used to read, in Holland) dont seem to publish their cartoons on the website, only in the print edition. Hence needing a scanner, which I dont have either...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 04:14 am
http://www.newint.org/issue338/Images/bbw338.gif

http://www.newint.org/issue335/Images/bbw335.gif

http://www.newint.org/issue358/Images/bbw358.jpg

http://www.newint.org/issue332/Images/bbw332.gif

http://www.newint.org/issue313/Images/polypcart.jpg
0 Replies