The meaning of life <cartoons, etc.> ... an evolving thread

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 02:33 am
The original cartoon I posted, iknow, was called "the meaning of life". At the time I thought that would be a one off, but the thread kept growing & growing. Then, on reflection, the title of the thread seemed quite apt (to me). These cartoons & the occasional outbreaks of argument/ discussion/reflection/comment probe the meanings of the things that happen around us everyday. The best of them (I think) make us think about & try to make sense of what is happening in the world.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 04:54 am
msolga wrote:
The original cartoon I posted, iknow, was called "the meaning of life". At the time I thought that would be a one off, but the thread kept growing & growing. Then, on reflection, the title of the thread seemed quite apt (to me). These cartoons & the occasional outbreaks of argument/ discussion/reflection/comment probe the meanings of the things that happen around us everyday. The best of them (I think) make us think about & try to make sense of what is happening in the world.

so? a LOT of things do all the things you say.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 05:56 am
So shoot me!

You asked.
I responded.
You don't like it?
Too bad.
Wanna fight or something?
<shrugs>
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:05 am
well i disagree. i think cartoons can be revealing of very specific issues. but not all those issues are related to the meaning of life.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:08 am
Fine.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:09 am
can you clearer explain what you think the meaning of life is? and how it relates to what you described teh cartoons bring out more clearly?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:11 am
I can't be bothered.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:14 am
? i just want the definitions of the words you used. like the definition of "meaning of life"
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:17 am
I'm sure you'll figure it out.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:18 am
what is your interpretation
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:20 am
That's for me to know & for you to find out!
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:24 am
msolga wrote:
That's for me to know & for you to find out!

please? casue i don't have one. if we want to be scientific about this. we need to have a clear explaination of your title. how the meaning of life, relates to cartoons.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:27 am
This is not in the Science and Mathematics forum. Your stupidly persistent habit of asking annoying questions like a toddler is not a scientific process. You seem to think that "science" consists of people aksing and answering questions. That can be a path to knowing about what people think, when not abused as you do it, but it hardly qualifies as science. That you are too dense to see the point of this thread in no way obliges Miss Olga to waste her time on you. Why don't you have the decency and the good sense to drop your silly questions?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:28 am
OK, then!

Here's a start: Go back to post#1, then read EVERY post with great care. Post here again only after you've done that.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:34 am
Setanta wrote:
That you are too dense to see the point of this thread in no way obliges Miss Olga to waste her time on you.

ok, maybe i am too dense. if that is the case. can you explain the point to me? thanks.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:37 am
unless you don't know what the point is, thus can't explain it to me. what is wrong with sharing knowledge?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:41 am
Everyone else here have been following this thread for months, and understand the point. There's nothing wrong with "sharing knowledge," but your typical behavior in any thread in which i've seen you is to repeatedly ask "why" like a two year old. It gets tedious, and is disgusting in an example such as this. The point of this thread is obvious. That you don't get it only points up the futility of explaining anything to you. Do as Miss Olga advised, go back to the first post and read the thread. If you still don't have a clue then, the inferential evidece will be very strong that you aren't going to understand even if it is explained to you. In the end, your participation only amounts to demanding attention, wanting to be the center of attention. Which is why i don't intend to respond to your silliness further. Why don't you go attempt to spoil some other thread?
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:43 am
Setanta wrote:
Everyone else here have been following this thread for months, and understand the point. There's nothing wrong with "sharing knowledge," but your typical behavior in any thread in which i've seen you is to repeatedly ask "why" like a two year old. It gets tedious, and is disgusting in an example such as this. The point of this thread is obvious. That you don't get it only points up the futility of explaining anything to you. Do as Miss Olga advised, go back to the first post and read the thread. If you still don't have a clue then, the inferential evidece will be very strong that you aren't going to understand even if it is explained to you. In the end, your participation only amounts to demanding attention, wanting to be the center of attention. Which is why i don't intend to respond to your silliness further. Why don't you go attempt to spoil some other thread?

so you're saying you understand the point. if you understand the point you can explain it right? how can a point that takes 40000 pages to read be easy to understand? how many pages did it take you to get the point? surely you didn't have to read all of them to get the point.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:46 am
I got the point in the first post. The thread is only 50 pages, not 40000. If you didn't bother to read the first post, then this is just more evidence that you dropped in here to play your typical witless games. Go read the first post. If you don't get it move on from post to post. Stop cluttering the thread with you childish stupidity and desire for attention.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:52 am
Setanta wrote:
I got the point in the first post. The thread is only 50 pages, not 40000. If you didn't bother to read the first post, then this is just more evidence that you dropped in here to play your typical witless games. Go read the first post. If you don't get it move on from post to post. Stop cluttering the thread with you childish stupidity and desire for attention.

i read many posts. i wouldn't have posted otherwise. Embarrassed .. so since i still don't get it. can you explain? please? if you understand it, then surely you can verbally express that understanding. i thought the point of this forum was to know not hide.
0 Replies