To Papua New Guinea...

stuh505

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 12:20 am
I'm going there.

But, I'm a little hesitant. I hear theres a lot of crime in the city...and expensive, too.

I don't plan on spending any real time in the city...I'll probably get in and out as quickly as possible, I'd like to just hike around mostly...but I'm not sure what it's like there.

Are there large unpopulated areas where I can go exploring, maybe backpacking? Are these areas safe? What's this place like, overrall? What are the costs like if I go cheap?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 797 • Replies: 2
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 12:33 am
stuh, don't go to Papua New Ginea...I'll be worried about you! There's far too many creepy crawlies, you'll have to have lots of injections, you might get kidnapped, or come back with a tropical disease, like Yaws or something! Come to England, there's loads to see, not as much crime as Papua AND beautiful, unpopulated spaces for you to explore. Besides, if you go, who would answer all the hard science questions? :wink:
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 01:24 pm
I don't like bugs and diseases or crime...but I do want to escape civilization, and I don't mind being in danger from dangerous animals because I don't like growing soft and detached from our primal history...but I will be going with someone else who probably wouldn't be so hardy, so I suppose it might be better to leave the dangerous trip for a solo. Sigh. I would like to go to England, I've always wanted to get lost in those hedge mazes!
0 Replies