The opening NBA season has made me not want to ever jump in the air again!

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 12:47 pm
I'm probably a bit sensitive to this because the last time I played ball I tore my ACL and have still not made it back onto a court but is anyone else cringing at the injuries to Lin and Hayward? I don't want NBA players to jump anymore man. Feels sad.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,184 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 03:19 pm
I hate that teams are encouraged to be overly rough but I still want my chosen team(s) to win.
Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 03:33 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

I'm probably a bit sensitive to this because the last time I played ball I tore my ACL and have still not made it back onto a court but is anyone else cringing at the injuries to Lin and Hayward? I don't want NBA players to jump anymore man. Feels sad.

Likewise, my minor injury...torn achilles tendon ... came while playing basket ball...with no contact from anyone. I used too watch NBA in the late 60s and 70s when they played 'for keeps'. Different brand of ball now.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 04:04 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
I don't want NBA players to jump anymore man.
the players are gonna keep playing -- there's no way to prevent gruesome injuries.

but i'll be very happy if i never see another one of those again...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 04:39 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

This hurts me also - one I was so looking forward to the Celtics this year then damn within the first 5 minutes of the game.

And my daughter- too like you had a complete tear or her ACL playing basketball. Had surgery and is now going through PT. She is missing her first year of high school ball - she was known already and the coach was disappointed that she won't play this year. Hopefully next month she can start practicing sports - if she passes her physical test.

So yes I cringe whenever I watch hard playing BB.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 04:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
I haven't watched the games and only saw Haywards but I didn't think these plays were rough, seemed like total "freak" accidents.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 04:47 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I limit myself to Rockets games.
0 Replies