Peanut Butter Poll

Gargamel

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 04:20 pm
I've found the squirrels in my backyard really respond when I smear peanutbutter/jelly (the kind that comes mixed together) on my nipples.

And I, I just find it...

TITilating.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(crying on the inside)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:22 pm
Smuckers makes Adam's peanut butter - no extra anything but salt -- crunchy style is my favorite. I like the no-stir kind if I can find it but I'll mix it up if the only other option is sugar added peanut butters.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:27 pm
Krema peanut butter (and cashew butter, and macadamia butter, etc., etc.) . . . greatest on earth . . . ingredients: peanuts, salt . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:32 pm
I dunna like the peanut butter so much. I prefer the fancy-pants almond butter. Organic if I can afford it. Chunky or smooth - don't care.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:33 pm
roger wrote:
Great combo, FreeDuck. How do you get the peanut butter to stick to the apple? It's never worked for me.

It's all in the wrist. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:35 pm
did any of you ever have the pleasure of eating the welfare peanut butter when you were coming up? Oh my God...imagine eating the Sahra dessert only with more volume......bad....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:37 pm
littlek wrote:
I dunna like the peanut butter so much. I prefer the fancy-pants almond butter. Organic if I can afford it. Chunky or smooth - don't care.

Check out Krema on-line, they make awesome nut butters of all descriptions, it's all natural, and you can order on-line . . .
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:40 pm
I wonder who the other person was, besides me, who voted 'who gives a rats ass'?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:41 pm
Quote:
did any of you ever have the pleasure of eating the welfare peanut butter when you were coming up? Oh my God...imagine eating the Sahra dessert only with more volume......bad....

Is this the same one used in MRE's? Goodness gracious ...can I have a gallon of water to go with that.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:42 pm
probably not quite as moist...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:43 pm
The peanut butter we used to get in C-Rations was totally inedible, and usually dated sometime in the 1950's . . . however, if you opened it carefully, the separated oil floated on top, and you could lay two, three burning matches on it, and get this dancing little blue flame which burned for more'n'an hour, and use it to heat your coffee, etc. . . .
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 06:15 pm
When I was a kid we used to make peanut butter balls (lots of openings there, folks)

I don't recall the exact recipe, but it was a combination of peanut butter, wheat germ, honey, (flour?)

The recipe called for the peanut butter balls to be about the size of a walnut, but my brothers and I would make them about the size of volleyballs and walk around the house munching on them bad boys. The weight alone was enough to snap a person's wrist.

I sure wish I could remember that recipe. I'd whip up a batch right now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 06:18 pm
Did you roll them by hand and stick them in the fridge for a while? We used to do that (I think there was evaporated milk in our recipe) and we called them refridgerator cookies.

We also had something called 'muck'. We'd melt a stick of butter in a sauce pan, add brown sugar, oatrmeal, a little peanutbutter and some powdered sugar if it needed it. We'd just eat it out of the sauce pan. Our mother didn't really believe in fat or sugar.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 06:20 pm
My grandmother used to make potato candy.

It was made from mashed potatoes and powdered sugar, rolled out and spread with peanut butter then rolled back up like a jelly roll.

My my my that was good stuff.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 06:22 pm
There are quite a few recipes on the web for peanut butter balls...I didn't see any with wheat germ Shocked
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 06:24 pm
What about this one Gus?

http://www.mzgoose.com/peanut.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 07:00 pm
I gots the Laura Scudder's, crunchy. Mighty good on bread with red raspberry jam.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 07:24 pm
littlek wrote:
Did you roll them by hand and stick them in the fridge for a while? We used to do that (I think there was evaporated milk in our recipe) and we called them refridgerator cookies.

Seems to me we did, littlek.

colorbook wrote:
What about this one Gus?

I am positive there weren't nuts or coconut in the recipe, colorbook.

I'm pretty sure it was peanut butter, honey, wheat germ and one or two other ingredients.

Guess I'll have to call my mom and ask her.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 07:38 pm
Thanks, Joahaeyo. Yeah, they were refrigerated, so I'll try them at room temperature.

I'll also give the reduced fat Peter Pan a shot, unless I see something on the label I don't like. My impression of the thicker butters is that they do contain the transfattywhatevers. I've got a minor tendency to avoid them - all else being equal.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 07:46 pm
I remember as a kid (long ago) peanut butter came with oil on top and had to be mixed. Give me that with a package of Ritz crackers and you won't see me for a while.
0 Replies