Eliminating neighbor's smoke from my house

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:46 pm
My neighbor has a wood stove, and when the temps are cold and the wind is calm, the smoke permeates the neighborhood, and enters my house. It is usually just annoying, but last week it was so strong that it made me sick. What can I do to keep the smell out? Are there air filters I can buy? I already have plastic over my windows. Is there any kind of spray that eliminates smoke? Or should I buy some kind of mask for when the smell is bad? It is only bad when there is no wind to blow it away.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 919 • Replies: 4
No top replies

niko2000

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 04:27 pm
If the smoke causes you so many troubles tell your neighbor about it and nothing changes get a lawyer. This way is easier and cheaper then getting a filter.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 06:19 pm
Probably so. I can't imagine a practical filtration system that would handle this one. Maybe neighbor would be open to the suggestion of opening the damper a bit more. He's probably getting some pretty crumby combustion in there.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:51 am
Perhaps he needs a chimney sweep?
0 Replies

raspberrian

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 10:29 pm
Eliminating Smoke
I know how you feel. Local Gov't. from where I live allows people to burn their dried leaves, pine needles, and grass. It's very annoying and it smells really bad. I can't even do laundry because when I get my clothes out of the dryer, it smells just like the awful smoke.

I haven't done this, but I did work for them at one time, you can call your local government. Like the An air pollution control district and file a complaint with them. I hope my suggestion helps.

Sometimes it is not good to let people burn because I believe it can cause health problems when someone does not have health problems to begin with.

Good Luck
0 Replies