Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 06:40 am
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. packed brownsugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 T. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. white chocolate chips (or nuts!!!)
1 c. sweetened dried cranberries (found in the aisle with raisin packs!)

preheat 375 degrees

grease cookie sheet.

In large bowl: Hand mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla & white sugar. Mix in Egg. Combine the flour & baking soda, and put into sugar mixture.

Mix in white choco. & cranberries.
Put in refrigerator 30 min. (or else it will fall apart while putting on cookie sheet ...trust me).

Bake 10 min. It's okay if it looks a little uncooked. Will cool hard.

Yummy!!!! Next time I'm putting less white chocolate chips and adding nuts. The white chocolate is sweet. However, the wonderful colors of this cookie impressed the mother-in-law!! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 812 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 06:42 am
only yields about 30, so double the recipe!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 06:44 am
That looks wonderful: thank you. :wink:

I have saved it to my recipe list and will definitely try it out ... with lots of nuts. I love nuts! I also love white chocolate, but you are correct: it is very sweet.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 06:52 am
oh, how cool. Very Happy

this has been a hit (with the mom's mostly... the boys liked chocolate chip of course) for 2 yrs straight. Smile

the recipe says 8-10 minutes for baking, but to me 10-11 minutes is perfect plus cooling on cookie sheet. jmo. ...and they still came out very soft (but solid and delicious).
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 10:02 pm
They sound wonderful. My grocery store's closed til Sunday -- maybe my daughter and I will make these then!
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 10:05 pm
ugh. I made these for my family and NO ONE ATE THEM.

My parents, who only like real chocolate, absolutely refused.

My brother and sister were turned off by cranberries,

and my grandmother, convinced that white chocolate has caffeine in it (and I made them specially for her because it doesn't) wouldn't taste it.

Aside from all these frustrations, yes, they are very good. The cranberries ad a nice tartness that is balanced by the white chocolate.

I think this is in the joy of cooking. Or on the back of the white chocolate ghirradeli package or the cranberries, I forget. Also very good are the coconut lace thingies.
0 Replies