An Archie Bunker-esque Thread....Worst Drivers?

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 07:59 pm
You know me, screw PC.

Simple poll. And don't chime in with "statistics show..." because I could care less about that.

I'm talking about when you're driving down the street, and someone is driving like a total dumbass, you say to yourself, "I knew it was one of THEM." This is a common theme to you.

Let's make fun of people.

I'm going to say old people, however in my research, I'm finding Asians of all ages drive like old people too.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,223 • Replies: 41
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:08 pm
From my experience, people from Boston tend to be the worst drivers.

The Nepalese come in a close second.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:13 pm
Farmers are THE worst drivers. When was the last time you saw someone from Boston blockiing a whole road with a tractor??????????

I rest my case.

Slappy, could you change the poll and add farmers that drive red tractors?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:16 pm
Farmers are some of the best drivers around.

When's the last time you saw a horrific head-on tractor collision with broken glass and bodies strewn all about?

I'll give you a few minutes to think about that, paula, before you apologize for such a ridiculous statement.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:23 pm
No Paula, I can't add "tractor drivers."

I can, however, add "mice with green hats," if you wish.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:24 pm
<thinking, but refuses to retract statement>

For some reason, it's only the farmers with beards that drive red tractors that seem to be the problem.

Just the other day I was stuck behind one, not only did he refuse to let traffic pass, he started doing a wheelie from one side of the road to the other, while kicking his feet like he was riding a HORSE!

What's up with that?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:29 pm
Paula, can I ask you a question? You assume from my avatar that I am a farmer, have a beard, and drive a tractor.

Employing that line of thinking, should I assume that you are responsible for creating the universe?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:34 pm
Yes!

BTW, I didn't assume those statements from your avatar, you mentioned once in a thread that you had a beard, or was thinking about growing one, and you have stated you are a farmer, and tell me, do you own a red tractor?

Tell the truth.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:38 pm
I do own a red tractor.

It is sitting on a shelf next to some vintage blowtorches.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 08:44 pm
What about the beard and being a farmer?

<sit's in tall wing-back chair with arms and leg's crossed while waiting for Gustacapitulate>
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:14 pm
Ahem, excuse me. I'll say old people.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:11 pm
This is the guy that I was referring to earlier. Mr. Roadblock.

http://www.tractorshed.com/gallery/tphotos/a25036.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:49 pm
You forgot the illegal immigrants here in the Southwest.
They generally drive old beat-up cars and have no
driver license to speak of (never mind insurance), and
these Latinos are tailgating you to no end.

Even more scary are the mexican trucks and their drivers.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:12 pm
I said whippersnappers because I am growing old. But, I think it's really a tossup. 18 year old girls get tickets for doing ninety in residential neighborhoods and laugh about it. Old people try to be careful at least.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 01:14 am
CalamityJane wrote:
You forgot the illegal immigrants here in the Southwest.
They generally drive old beat-up cars and have no
driver license to speak of (never mind insurance), and
these Latinos are tailgating you to no end.

Even more scary are the mexican trucks and their drivers.

Do you mean like this?

http://jokelibrary.150m.com/yyPictures/classic/c2_license.jpg
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 01:31 am
Hey wait a minute, I'm 5'4" and have brown hair and like Mucho sex.

I wonder if that man is a relative.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 02:45 am
I say drunk drivers. They can't drive for sh*t.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 02:51 am
Paula, living in CA, I don't wether to laugh or cry at your last post.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 07:06 am
Don't start with me about bad drivers. Where I live, there are predominantly three types of bad drivers:

The old folk, in their Lincoln Town Cars. They can't see over the steering wheel, so if you are in back of them, it seems that no one is driving the car. They have bad eyesight, bad hearing, poor reflexes. If you are driving down the street, and they are on a cross street, they will wait until you are almost at the cross street, and then pull out in front of you. Once in front of you, they will slow down to 10 miles below the speed limit.

The rednecks in their trucks or huge SUVs. They are pissed off at the old folks, and will weave in and out of traffic, trying valiantly to get away from the seniors, which they can't. They scare the old folks. Maybe that is why you see broken glass, and other remnants of accidents all over my town.

The intnerant produce pickers. They drive in huge, very old cars, that are a mile or two away from falling apart, right on the road. some of them are belching blue smoke out of the exhaust pipes, and stink up the street. Since most of them probably don't have licenses or insurance, they drive very slowly so as to not be noticeable to the police. They don't use their air conditioning, so their windows are open, Mexican music playing full blast.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 08:25 am
Females up to the age of 25 would get my worst drivers award. Second place would go to Manhattan's taxi drivers.
0 Replies