Driving with Cell Phones

SCoates

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:35 pm
Every time I see a driver do something stupid or driving annoyingly slow I check if they are on a cell phone, and about 90 percent of the time they are.

I don't know if they think they are driving fine, but they are definitely not. If I see someone talking on a cell phone I have to watch out for their mistakes.

Does this frustrate anyone else? I'd like to hear from some people who do this themselves.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,138 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:42 pm
I don't do it myself, but I'd like to share a bumper sticker that I saw:

Quote:
HANG UP AND DRIVE!

Laughing Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 05:20 pm
i like to drive by people who are talking on cell phones, get beside them and lay on the horn... :-D
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 05:39 pm
It is more dangerous than driving legally drunk.

In Australia it is illegal and there are pretty heavy penalties.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:48 pm
the techn ology needs to be more "built into" the car, no hand sets,good quality speakers with noise rejection, voice command dialing, etc otherwise we will continue to have people plowing into other people while they are dialing the handset. There is a way to make cell tech work in a car. We all carry on conversations with passengers and the worst thing that happens is we miss a turn-off becausae we were yakking.
Im not against the technology, Im against the present form of it.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:52 pm
My personal favorite are the ones that take notes while talking and driving. I see someone on the phone, I get away from them as quickly as I can.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 07:43 pm
Agree with farmerman that high-quality, hands-free methods would help many people ...& solutions are already quite doable now (e.g. Microsoft sells Voice Command for their smartphones, etc., etc.).

I think outlawing cell phones while driving is silly though....In D.C. I'm legally allowed to drive while eating a hamburger, shaving & reading the newspaper simultaneously, but not use a cell phone. Dang it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 07:48 pm
I think it's an extension of the bad driver. There's so many clueless people out there that have trouble operating an automobile to begin with...then throw a cell phone into the mix.

And I think if you're paying attention first to the road, THEN the phone, you can drive fine. I've yet to make a mistake because I was on the phone, but I've caught myself spacing out a bit, which is what causes the blunders.

I say, first rip licenses away from women, that's 1/2 the battle.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 07:53 pm
I often see a carpool minivan with the designatted driver tooling along witth the newspaper spread out over the steering wheel while hes PASSING ME. Nobody in the minivan (victims) seem to be giving him a host of ****

If I were in that car, the driver would be given an opportunity to fully test the entire breadth of the benefits his healtth insurance affords him. cause I would beat his ass within a pinch of extinction.
0 Replies