Clean and Unclean Meats

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:35 pm
I've got another question... How come some 'Christians' eat pork? God clearly tells us what is okay, and not okay to eat. And pork is one of the many things that we are not allowed to eat. God never changed his mind on His laws, so could anybody tell me where it says we are allowed to eat pork now...

I highly doubt anyone can give me a valid response, so good luck.

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:38 pm
I think that as a devout Christian, you should not eat pork.

That's more for the rest of us.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:41 pm
@Setanta,
'Specially the bacon.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:42 pm
@Christian0912,
Because it's so much more convenient for Christians to claim "oh that OT stuff and Jesus changed all that", which is patently not true.

Same goes for shellfish, tattos, wearing poly blends, when to have sex with a woman, eating a cheeseburger, working on the sabbath, just to name a few.

But surely you knew that.
Christian0912

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:45 pm
@Setanta,
So do you eat pork?
0 Replies

Christian0912

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:46 pm
@chai2,
I know! It's good to see at least some people are holding true to God's values!
Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:47 pm
So are you the Gestapo?

Interrogation is the most illiberal form of conversation.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:48 pm
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:

Said to Chai . . . Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

That line about wearing poly-blends is just priceless.
Christian0912

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 08:51 pm
@Setanta,
Look, if you're here to have a mature conversation, then stay. If you're here to laugh, talk about irrelevant matters, and divert the question, then get lost.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 09:05 pm
@Christian0912,
bwahahahahahahahaha

did you actually read her response?

you clearly didn't understand it
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 09:06 pm
@chai2,
you da bestest ma cher
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 09:31 pm
I'm not a Christian., God does not exist. Neither does Allah. For that matter, neither do Ahura Mazda, Zeus, or Huitzilopochtli or Itzamna. So they can all keep their nonexistent fingers out of my pantry. Though I do have to say, some of the people at my office cooked breakfast a while ago for everybody, pancakes, maple syrup, and turkey bacon, Oscar Mayer as I recall, for the non-pork-eaters. First time I'd ever had turkey bacon, and it was pretty good. What's your god's position on faux bacon?

I do think chai is right though, any self-respecting god would definitely abjure wearing poly blends,
Christian0912

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 10:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
If you're not a Christian, then this question was not posed to you. It is posed to Christians who eat pig. Only because Christians say they follow the Bible, but the Bible says not to eat pig. I'm not asking atheists, so go be a smart-alec to a different question.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 10:50 pm
@Christian0912,
Sorry, o0nline forums don't work that way. Particularly a2k doesn't work that way. You post a smug self-satisfied post like this, putting others who disagree with you doctrinally down, you're going to get mocked. Which you will notice you have been by pretty much everyone who's posted. Get over it..
Christian0912

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 10:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
You're not religious, so what are you doing on the religious forum?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:05 pm
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:

I certainly hope you don't mean me.

The hypocrisy of Christian's is nauseating.

So is someone assuming that you share their idiotic beliefs simply because that person has a modicum of knowledge.
Christian0912

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:47 pm
@chai2,
I did mean you. I didn't realise that Atheists had so much time on their hands that they would go around to Christian forums, being a smart alec, acting like an immature child and flaunting their 'modicum of knowledge'.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:14 am
@Christian0912,
As I told you, that's what happens on a2k. We were here first. We've developed the customs of the site. As a newbie, you adapt or die. That's what evolution is all about. Evolution deniers post on evolution sites. Climate change deniers post on climate change sites. Christians post on atheist sites. Atheists post on Christian sites. Get used to it. Adapt or die. Don't know where you are, but we revere the First Amendment here. That's the way here. and we ain't gonna change for you.
chai2

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:23 am
@Christian0912,
Did I say I was an atheist?

Did I say I wasn't?

Ohhhhh.....by atheist you mean non-Christian?

You certainly make a lot of assumptions.

So let me ask you....

Do you ever drink a glass of milk as part of a meal with meat? Ever eat ice cream or have whipped cream on a dessert after a meal with meat? Ever have cheese on a sandwich along with animal flesh?

How about sex where a woman was involved, but that woman's period ended with the last few days?

Is each article of clothing you own made with only one type of thread? Do you ever wear clothes made of different threads together?

Have you ever cooked a meal, made a phone call, driven a car, flipped a light switch on or off on the sabbath?

A pork chop ain't gonna save you.
Christian0912

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:24 am
@MontereyJack,
I didn't ask you to, but thanks for reminding me of that useless bit of information.
Oh, and whose we?
Also, I'm pretty sure that if I don't adapt to the customs of the site, I'm going to die, but again, thanks for the heads up.