Clean and Unclean Meats

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 08:53 am
@farmerman,
mmmm sounds like some good meals

when I was a weeBeth, we had friends who had Sable Island connections (from the fog of time, I think it had to do with sealing) and they had early photos of the horses
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 09:08 am
@farmerman,
http://www.premiermeats.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x600/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/r/o/roast_pork_loin_raw_1.jpg

Look at the picture above.

According to Chai2, it is very "easy" to separate fat from meat.

Now, lets go to cooking that piece. Cut a slide, "separate: the fat from flesh, and put the slide of pork in a fry pan.

Turn the fire On and look at the meat. It will release "oily grease" like crazy.

This is because you CAN'T SEE the fat mixed with the flesh.

All the other pictures shown in messages above, you can see the fat and the flesh together, hard to separate but you distinguish each one of them and you can separate them at one point.

But what you can't do, is separating the fat that is already mixed with the flesh at one point that looks like one.

What part of the cow has lots of fat "almost" mixed internally in flesh? Rib Eye for example.

You make BBQ with Rib Eye and even when you "over cook" that meat, your friends will enjoy a soft and tasted meat. If you overcook New York steak, you will obtain a dry hard meat like wood.

Then, meat close to ribs are the "good tasted" meat which will be easy to break with your teeth.

Something that you must also understand is the procedure of the meat.

In England cows are fed with sheep intestines added to their vegetable diet.

In the US cows are fed with artificial additives. Even with antibiotics, which are necessary because are also fed with animals parts carrying bacteria.

But, if you go to farms from third world countries, to rural areas, you will be disappointed about how thin those cows look in comparison with the American cows. These cows in poor countries have the natural diet, and believe me, the flavor of their meat overpasses the poor flavor of the meat from American cows. And the flavor of the chicken meat... a chicken soup is just heaven and no Christian redemption is needed for such a paradise.

What I'm trying to say, is that your "veterinarian research" is based on meat that has been altered when the animal was alive. Even worst, the animal itself has been genetically modified as well. The chicken that most people ate in the 70's was the R71 (I think that was its description catalogue) which is a chicken born with atrophied legs. No walking means getting fatter faster.

No idea what is the new genetically modified chicken today, but surely the poor animal has less chances of survival by its own is left on the wild or just out but inside the perimeter of the farm.

0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 09:10 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
nothing modern about it

we learned it from our grandparents who learned it from their grandparents who learned it from their grandparents and on and on

as long as there has been twisted fibre, people have known how to prepare it , use it and care for it

Great to know that your family has preserved such a technique for thousands of years...
0 Replies

Licobob

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2019 12:26 pm
@Christian0912,
Christians follow the words and works of Jesus Christ. As written in Matthew 15:11, Jesus said, "What goes into a person's mouth doesn't make him unclean. It's what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean."
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 03:08 pm
@Christian0912,
There are many things which are not prohibited by God almighty but because of wrong interpretation or foul play by so called Christian scholars there is no law left for Christians to follow ( after all they are forgiven anyways by believing in Jesus).

Pork and alcohol are forbidden. Taking interest and gambling is forbidden. Adultery, prostitution and any sexual act outside marriage is prohibited but you know how much Christians care about those. As a matter of facts many Church leaders do what we can't even imagine.....
farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 05:19 am
@HabibUrrehman,
an interesting more scholarly analysis of the development of Kashruth rules is presented in this piece

JEWISH DIETARY LAWS AND THEIR POSSIBLE ORIGINS
HabibUrrehman

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 12:35 pm
@farmerman,
Thanks for sharing. Being a Muslim, I know the origins as well as benefits of these dietary restrictions.

The prohibition of pork in Islam is derived from the following verse of the Glorious Qur’an:

“Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah.”
[Al-Qur’an 5:3]

Let me explain various aspects of this prohibition:
1. Prohibition in Earlier Scriptures
Islam is a culmination of the same monotheistic religion that was revealed to earlier prophets. Although the Glorious Qur’an is the only revelation that is extant in its original revealed text, some remnants of earlier revelations can be found in the Bible.

The Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus
“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you”.

“Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you.” [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy

“And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass.” [Deuteronomy 14:8]

A similar prohibition is repeated in the Bible in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

2. The Nature of Pork
The main utility of pigs in the ecosystem is as scavengers. They live and thrive on muck, feces and dirt.
It could be argued that in developed countries, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties, and so the chances of them consuming filth are very high.

3. Health Aspects
Research has shown correlation between pork consumption and several diseases. Eating pork can expose the individual to various helminthes (worms) like roundworm, pinworm and hookworm. One of the most dangerous of worms is Taenia Solium, which, in lay man’s terminology is called the pork tapeworm. It harbors in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, in the eye it can cause blindness, and in the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.
A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis (another worm commonly found in pork), twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that hypertension is a common ailment due to the prevalence of the consumption of pork.

Thus the prohibition of pork in Islam is a blessing and one knows fact about Muslims is that they don't eat pork, even though it is prohibited in other religions as well.

This is because Muslims are people of book and they follow what is revealed by God. Others interpret laws of God and try to tell God what God should have revealed instead. I am not saying all Jews and Christians eat pork, all I am saying majority of them eat it regardless of clear prohibition in their respective books.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 01:01 pm
@Christian0912,
So its okay to stone your son to death for disobeying you because he she or its mind never changes? What kind of a loving god is thar?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 01:09 pm
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:

I didn't ask you to, but thanks for reminding me of that useless bit of information.
Oh, and whose we?
Also, I'm pretty sure that if I don't adapt to the customs of the site, I'm going to die, but again, thanks for the heads up.

Do you that part in the Bible about not turning the other cheek?

If you ignore them, they will go away.
0 Replies

rstrats

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 06:56 am
@chai2,
chai2,
re: "Do you ever drink a glass of milk as part of a meal with meat? Ever eat ice cream or have whipped cream on a dessert after a meal with meat? Ever have cheese on a sandwich along with animal flesh?"

What is your point?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:42 am
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:

I've got another question... How come some 'Christians' eat pork? God clearly tells us what is okay, and not okay to eat. And pork is one of the many things that we are not allowed to eat. God never changed his mind on His laws, so could anybody tell me where it says we are allowed to eat pork now...

I highly doubt anyone can give me a valid response, so good luck.

I am a little surprised this hasn't come up before, there is a pretty simple Biblical Answer to this question. If you read the book of Acts, and the Epistles of Paul you see the story. Paul was converting Gentiles to Christianity; people who weren't Jewish and who didn't follow Jewish Law.

The issue was whether these new Christians, who were never Jewish, had to follow Jewish law. The writings of Paul suggest that there was quite a controversy over this.. one rather pain issue being the need for men to be circumcised as adults. Paul was on the side that... "no", people didn't have to follow Jewish laws.

The Apostle Paul won the argument (actually he wins the Bible... gets his way in pretty much everything). There are several passages in the Bible that explain this.

See Acts 10 (which says "What God has made clean, let no man call "unclean"), Romans 14, 1 Corinthians 8... etc.
rstrats

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2023 06:43 am
@maxdancona,
re: "See Acts 10 (which says 'What God has made clean, let no man call 'unclean')"

What translation/version says that?
0 Replies

Neal2

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2024 08:40 pm
@maxdancona,
Hi Max. I pray that you are doing well.
You are correct in your response tothe OP. The book of Hebrews can also be addressed. Hebrews may or may not have been written by Paul. Acts was written by doctor Luke.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2024 11:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I am a little surprised this hasn't come up before, there is a pretty simple Biblical Answer to this question. If you read the book of Acts, and the Epistles of Paul you see the story. Paul was converting Gentiles to Christianity; people who weren't Jewish and who didn't follow Jewish Law.

The issue was whether these new Christians, who were never Jewish, had to follow Jewish law. The writings of Paul suggest that there was quite a controversy over this.. one rather pain issue being the need for men to be circumcised as adults. Paul was on the side that... "no", people didn't have to follow Jewish laws.
The Apostle Paul won the argument (actually he wins the Bible... gets his way in pretty much everything). There are several passages in the Bible that explain this.
See Acts 10 (which says "What God has made clean, let no man call "unclean"), Romans 14, 1 Corinthians 8... etc.

Colossians2: 16; Paul says 'So let no one make rules about what you eat or drink or about holy days or the New Moon Festival or the Sabbath. All such things are only a shadow of things in the future; the reality is Christ

Jubilees 4: 30; And he (ADAM) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: ’On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die.’ For this reason, he did not complete the years of this first day; for he died during it.

According to classical Jewish sources, the Hebrew year 6000 marks the latest time for the initiation of the Messianic Age. The Talmud, Midrash, and Zohar state that the date by which the Messiah will appear is 6,000 years from creation. [the sixth day from Adam]

According to tradition, the Hebrew calendar started at the time of creation, placed at 3761 BCE. The current (2023/2024) Hebrew year is 5784. By this calculation, the end of the 6000th year would occur at nightfall of 16 September 2240[6] on the Gregorian calendar.

The close of the 6 thousandth year begins the seventh day, the Great Sabbath of one thousand years.

Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath--- Acts 3:13; The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors has given divine glory to his servant Jesus.
Act 17: 31; For He (The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.) has fixed a day (The Great Sabbath) in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.

It is after the Day of the Lord, ‘The seventh period of One thousand years from Adam,’ the Great Sabbath of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow of that future reality, that heavenly fire incinerates all physical life forms that remain on this planet, and the androgynous body of Eve (The body of Mankind) is reunited with her Lord.

After Adam had died at the close of the first day, Eve was told that she would follow him in six days.

According to the ancient scriptures, after Adam had died, Michael was ordered to reveal to Seth how the bodies of man should be mummified and preserved. The body of Adam was then placed in a stone sarcophagus and hidden in the mountain, where the door opens to receive the chest of Adam, this was done said the Lord, in order that no one could interfere with the body, until his rib will have returned to him. Would it still be possible today, for the cells of the preserved body of Adam to be cloned?

It is in that thousand years of peace, where in my opinion, all our resources will be used to prepare for the ultimate destruction of all physical life forms that remain on this planet. Knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand year Sabbath has ended, when heavenly fire incinerates the surface of the earth, with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute by the nations of the world during that thousand year rule of our king and high priest, genetic banks of all physical life forms will be created, (The Ark) and sent to a place of safety in order that when the incinerated earth is once again able to sustain physical life forms, Plants will be planted, animals will be created anew, and when the system for the sustainability of mankind has been put in place, the Lord, our brother, king, and high priest will say, "And now, let us make man in our image and likeness." And a new and more humble Race of men will people this earth.

"Under the guidance of Jupiter (Planet) man prepares, by means of religious exercises, for the journey to the life beyond, and he attains rest under the influence of Saturn." (Basra Encyclopedia)- De Boer, Philosophy in Islam, p 88.

The water ocean on Enceladus, a moon that orbits the planet Saturn, is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) deep and lies beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick, researchers said. Further, it's in direct contact with a rocky seafloor, theoretically making possible all kinds of complex chemical reactions — such as, perhaps, the kind that led to the rise of life on Earth.

What heat must radiate from that rocky seafloor to maintain a liquid ocean 10 kilometre’s deep beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick.

"The world being melted and re-entered into the bosom of Jupiter, this God continues for some time totally concentered in himself: . . . afterwards we see a new world spring from him, perfect in all its parts; animals are produced anew; an innocent race of man is formed under more favourable auspices, in order to people this earth." " Seneca, Epist, 9, and Qucest. Nat. L. 3, c, ult.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 11:09 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

GNB Mark7, beginning at verse 14; Then Jesus called the crowd to him and said to them, “Listen and understand! It is not what goes into a person's mouth that makes him ritually unclean; rather, what comes out of it makes him unclean.”

When he left the crowd and went into the house, his disciples asked him to explain this saying. “You are no more intelligent than the others,” Jesus said to them. “Don't you understand? Nothing that goes into a person from the outside can really make him unclean, because it does not go into his heart but into his stomach and then goes on out of the body. (In saying this, Jesus declared that all foods are fit to be eaten.)
0 Replies