Clean and Unclean Meats

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:31 am
@chai2,
oh, he's gonna burn burn burn in hell, he is.
0 Replies

Christian0912

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:35 am
@chai2,
Haha. The thing is, I follow the Bible properly (or at least I try to). You don't. You have no idea what you're talking about. You can pretend you do, and people that read this may that think that you do, but the truth is, you have no idea what you're saying. All of this crap about flipping a light switch on, drinking a glass of milk with meat all the rest of it...where'd you get that from?
fresco

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:42 am
@Christian0912,
Are you a regular ' Seventh Day Adventist' or a member of one of the offshoot movements ?
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:51 am
@Christian0912,
I think most of it is from Leviticus and the logical extensions of what it says to present day life. and the modern people who do use those as proscriptions for daily life, like the ultra orthodox sects of Jews in Israel, or some of the Amish and other extreme sects in the States. And yes it does regard cheeseburgers and Sunday trips to Walmart as sins, which is so at odds with modern life that people just regard it as antiquated claptrap.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 01:45 am
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:

Haha. The thing is, I follow the Bible properly (or at least I try to). You don't. You have no idea what you're talking about. You can pretend you do, and people that read this may that think that you do, but the truth is, you have no idea what you're saying. All of this crap about flipping a light switch on, drinking a glass of milk with meat all the rest of it...where'd you get that from?

You're kidding, right?

The same place you got your crap about not eating pork.

How is abstaining from pork following your bible properly, if you don't follow the other items that are listed right along with it?

Perhaps you need to go back and read the rest of what you say you follow.

Christian0912

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 02:01 am
@chai2,
Be my guest, enlighten me and tell me where in the bible it says I can't do ALL of this
0 Replies

Christian0912

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 02:02 am
@fresco,
I am not a 'regular Seventh Day Adventist', but I can't say I am a member of one of the offshoot movements until you explain what you mean by 'offshoot'
Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 02:09 am
@Christian0912,
Are you going to make me get lost, Slick? It is hilarious, though, that someone with an imaginary friend superstition talks about mature conversation.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 02:19 am
I believe in Atheist Jesus.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 02:41 am
@Christian0912,
Check out the wikipedia article on 'Seventh Day Adventist. It describes 'offshoots' including the infamous 'Branch Davidians' responsible for the Waco siege.

Most vocal religionists here are basically lonely attention seekers on a self reinforcement mission for their parochial belief system. That mission can include collecting points towards their entry qualifications for 'heaven' but interestingly in your case you rule that out. I suggest that your 'constant development of humanity concept' is the only issue in which posters here may take an interest. But bear in mind that any prescriptive assertions as to where that development is headed, is likely to be met with scepticism.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 03:03 am
This clown is just as likely to be a Jehovah's Witness. They're into that scriptural purity bullsh*t as much as the Independents were in the time of the English civil wars.
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 08:57 am
@Setanta,
I dont care much for pork in my hmburger. Veal and Beef yes, pork overpowers the grease factor.
RIBS??? now that's somethin else.
Somma the best church BBQ' serve ribs (nd charge a fortuune for tickets). I think Jesus woulda loved a full rack order of Piedmont smoked, St Louis cut pork ribs.
This guy is playin with himself too much .

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:24 am
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure that if I don't adapt to the customs of the site, I'm going to die

awwww

we don't want you to die (well, I don't)

the thing is, you can tag your topic any old way you want - and every single registered member of A2K can post on the thread in almost (see rules) any way they want. they don't have to christian, religious, american, anything. they just have to have access to a computer and the internet.

the one thing you need to survive here is a fairly tough hide because it's not genteel. we don't follow Marquess of Queensberry rules.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:26 am
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:
I am not a 'regular Seventh Day Adventist', but I can't say I am a member of one of the offshoot movements until you explain what you mean by 'offshoot'

ahhhh

an irregular sda
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 09:28 am
many/most of us with a modified sda nutrition plan

https://www.livescience.com/37102-vegetarians-live-longer.html

pesco-vegetarian is the way to (not just the study referenced above - many have come to the same conclusion)

sda may be a cult, but they have good nutrition.
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:41 am
@ehBeth,
living LONGER aint what its about. Nuns live longer.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 11:04 am
@farmerman,
There are a bunch of retired nuns living at the same retirement home as hamburgboy. They seem to have a pretty good time. Most of them are still quite politically active - in the residence as well as in the community.

I never experienced nuns as a teacher - just as wild and crazy community members. Saying they live long is a good thing!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:13 pm
@farmerman,
You would just love a real Québec tourtière--a meat pie made with ground pork and ground veal.
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 02:51 pm
@Setanta,
whats in there? any root veggies? I likes me root veggies in a meat pie.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 08:28 pm
@Christian0912,
kinda dumb really. Such dietary laws were more for food sanitation. Nowadays pigs are raised and butchered nd packed under more hygienic means. So we dont need no steenkin boogerman to scare us from our meat.