school sucks and so does homework... Mad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,202 • Replies: 58
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:15 pm
It's been a while since I've been to school....but I think I had a really good time in high school.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:21 pm
I actually miss school. i miss having such a hge social group. I miss how easy it was to make friends. i miss having time to just f-k off during the day.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:21 pm
Up is the oposite of down.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:26 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I actually miss school. i miss having such a hge social group. I miss how easy it was to make friends. i miss having time to just f-k off during the day.

yeah, I hear ya. I think that they give out more homework these days though. I can remember my brother in high school and he had more **** to do. I just showed up, did some extra-cirriculars and went home. Shocked
Ok, I realize now how bad that sounded. Shewolf, you be a good girl and leave that one alone. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:28 pm
>sigh<

ok... I wont touch that one...
I dont think I have to.
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:29 pm
Definately more homework. My daughter gets homework in Kindergarten. The tough thing is because she is so young, the majority of it you have to do with her. It is not just, you take a stab at it and I will help you when you have a question or take a look at it when you are done, but you have to be an active participant.

This stuff is tough on me, what is it like for a 6 year old?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:30 pm
Re: school sucks
pie12 wrote:

You think school sucks? Ha! Just wait until you have to go to work.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:30 pm
homework in kindergarden?
wow...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:32 pm
kickycan wrote:
pie12 wrote:

Too true!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:32 pm
kickycan wrote:
pie12 wrote:

Laughing Laughing

The real world sucks a big fat one. I hate being an adult. I give it all back. Take my credit cards, my car payments, my bills....I want to be 16 again.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:34 pm
kicky, haven't bantered with you as of late...how's they hanging?
0 Replies

pie12

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:34 pm
kickycan wrote:
pie12 wrote:

lol id rather work than go to school at least i wouldn't have to sit down all day...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:37 pm
pie12 wrote:
kickycan wrote:
pie12 wrote:

lol id rather work than go to school at least i wouldn't have to sit down all day...

Oh to be young and idealistic again. :wink:
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:39 pm
Idealism can wear thin pretty quickly...

"You want fries with that?"
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:43 pm
Pie - depends on your job. There are plenty of jobs where you are required to sit all day. Some pretty damn boring. Even worse some jobs where you have to stand all day. I hear of plenty of young people having issues with varicose veins because of being on their feet all day.

Pie - the grass is always greener. When you are going to school you are only in school for 6 hours a day. At work, it is a minimum of 8 hours, many of us have to work overtime, late at night. Some people only get 2 weeks vacation (some even less). When you go to school you get the entire summer off, you also get spring break, Christmas break, several days off for Thanksgiving, lots of other stray days off - teacher conventions, snow days, and plenty of half days. School can be tough because you have do have more restrictions and more rules, peer pressure, grades and less opportunities for control, over your time while you are in school.

But honestly I would love to be back in school, but then again I guess maybe I was a little bit of a nerd as I did love learning. High School was hard for the reasons I mentioned above, but college was awesome as it gave me more freedom and more control without all the obligations you get with adulthood and a full time job and career.

Yes, homework in kindergarten. We need to practice the sounds of our letters and are beginning to read 3 letter words. We also have to put together numbers when I read them out loud. There is also practicing writing letters and words. But I guess it is not too bad, because my daughter does love school.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:44 pm
I got excited today because we get Christmas Eve off from work. Whoo hoo!!

And it's true about the sitting. My butt is permanatly molded in the shape of a computer chair.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 03:04 pm
I'm still scared of work.

My plan is to stay in school until the day I die.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 03:11 pm
You people are all puss's.

Only "school" I'd consider swapping my current life with again is college. Of course, I'd have to go back knowing what I know now. And the only classes I ever took that I actually really enjoyed were in college, none previously.

High school and previous? I'll take my current life. I've liked the two jobs I've had since school, have more friends, and I get to actually have sex with females. Besides, stuck in a classroom all day listening to crap that I have zero interest in doesn't sound appealing.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 03:14 pm
pie12- Years from now, when you look back, you will think of school as, "the good old days". Things that look stupid to you now, will make lots more sense later on.
0 Replies