Electricians' preferred elec. box placement for cooktops & ovens

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 03:59 pm
I've gutted my kitchen including removing all drywall and underlayment hence the studs and subfloor are exposed. I need to add boxes for the new oven and new cooktop. Given the drywall, underlayment and the cabinets will all be new, I can wire the place to suit the preferences of the appliances and electricians. From the electrical instructions it looks like the boxes are mounted inside the cabinets as opposed to being mounted on the wall behind the cabs with cutouts in the cabinet backs.
1. Is this the preferred method, up through the floor?
2. If the boxes are mounted inside the cabinet what is the preferred method to bring the cable into the cabinets? For example should I pull enough wire up through the floor so the cabinet installer can pull it up through the bottom of the cabinet?
In case you want to ask, the load center is around the corner, 2.5 lateral feet away.
Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 589 • Replies: 1
No top replies

cameronleon

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 09:30 pm
@DoIt1ceRight,
You better check what the appliance's instructions recommends about the wiring connection.

In some cases won't require a fixed location on the wall, in other cases a receptacle must be required or maybe not.

Each appliance is installed different. In many cases, you just need a loose wiring inside the cabinet because the "connection box" is located on the appliance itself.

0 Replies