Digital Photography/Photoshop.

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:33 am
I bought a digital camera and have been toying with digital photography and photoshop.

Just basic stuff with filters. I've also been toying with image security on web pasges, random images and the like.

So the picture below will be a random one each time the page loads, I'll keep adding to it.

http://www.cravendekere.com/photos/craven.gif

PS, anyone know of good free Photoshop filters?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 865 • Replies: 7
No top replies

husker

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:52 am
i'd say you did a fine job on this - Like the light effect. I'm interested to know what you did on each but I imagine that could be difficult?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:37 am
it's good *portrait with sunglasses* I love photoshop
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:10 am
Does anybody own the Photosop 7 tutorial book? It's about 7 inches thick and full of ways to train yourself and learn the ins and outs of photoshop.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:15 pm
the manuals are terrifyingly long winded and not well written for actually using aren't they? how are you getting on with it:?

Craven I like the linear one, looking down, beatifully simple, pared down to the essentials.

someone downloaded Kai's power tools for me years ago but I expect you'd know about them. I'll be interested to see what people come up with
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:11 pm
The giant book I have is great. If you choose a tutorial to follow, it is very thorough and not boring.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 06:18 pm
I don't have much patience to follow tutorials Embarrassed

I prefer to read in clear. small. bite sized pieces what a thing does and then experiment on my own. I was lucky that a retired and very very intelligent friend was learning photoshop at the same time as me and we'd exchange knowledge on the different stuff we'd learnt.

Then a photographer friend from uni wanted to learn photoshop and we used to get together with the photography techician (who knew the photography side of it to great depths) and I'd show them the art stuff that I did and he'd show us the photography stuff like ruby masks that he did we all benefited.

Craven which filters are you finding useful in these images you are creating? The one that made you look computer generated was a bit creepy, I preferred the line one out of those I've seen so far.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:38 pm
CdK wrote:
PS, anyone know of good free Photoshop filters?

I'm not a big "Filter Fan", so I won't venture to say whether these are "good" or not - I really don't have much use for any of 'em. You may already know about these, but what the heck.

Buncha Freebies Here Some interesting stuff - lotsa variety, if you go in for such stuff. They're pretty much "User Provided", so the usual freeware download and use cautions apply. I've sampled a few, haven't found anything to worry about, and they seem to have worked OK for what they are, but who knows ....

Some Freebies Here I haven't tried many, but the few I've used seem to have worked OK.

Some sorta funky older ones here Nothin' special, but they appear to work

Here's somethin' you might find interestin' - Roll your own filters (Approx 250 KB pdf file - 51 pages) Decent discussion of what filters are and how they work and some on how they interact with one another is prolly the best thing here
0 Replies