Please help to recognize type of insect

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 07:34 am
About a month ago we noticed some strange, tiny walking on the wall of bathroom. Now they are everywhere... On the corners of stuff. We've been trying to get rid of them by etching. The problem is there size and considerably small reproduction period (in a month they reached every corner in the house).
Yesterday we etched them by very strong poison. There are still alive ones, mostly young specimen (1,5 - 2 mm). Mature specimen reaches up to 4 mm.
Please help with identifying those insects!

http://dropmefiles.com/55HmL

Sorry for low quality of snapshot. I did my best, with what is available

rosborne979

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 07:49 am
@Doppler Effect,
Unfortunately I can't see them well enough to identify them. We'll also need to know something about where these things are geographically; what country or region.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 07:52 am
@Doppler Effect,
They sound like mites, given the size:
https://www.orkin.com/other/mites/
rosborne979

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 08:12 am
@jespah,
The image is pretty vague, but they seem to have six legs and antennae, and if so, they aren't mites (mites are more closely related to arachnids than insects).

It's very hard to tell from the photo, but they might be very small beetles of some type. Better photo's would really help.
0 Replies

Doppler Effect

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 10:30 am
@Doppler Effect,
I guess I found it, finally! The most close correspondence (visual as well) matches to "Anobium punctarum". Sorry for that low quality image I linked to. I wish I have camera with macro objective.

Thank you all guys for your responses!
rosborne979

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 04:18 am
@Doppler Effect,
Glad you found it.
0 Replies