Still waiting.

The math is done the explanation isn't.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:47 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Go antedeluvian - Make my... moment:)

There was human intelligence in the universe millions of years ago. The bible says so. I agree because the evidence supports it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbWMw249xY8
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 04:01 pm
@brianjakub,
wow, I watched about 45 minutes of it and cant believe that people write such crap. What sells it to the true believers is the money spent in graphic , Nothin like a good cartoonist;s travelogue through time.
brianjakub

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 05:30 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
wow, I watched about 45 minutes of it and cant believe that people write such crap. What sells it to the true believers is the money spent in graphic , Nothin like a good cartoonist;s travelogue through time.
I agree ther is a lot of bullshit there. Just like when they make cartoons portraying what humans looked like as they evolved from apes (hairy and all) from a pile of incomplete fossils (jaw bones and partial skulls to identify what a species looked like) that would fit on a pool table.

There is bullshit and truth everywhere including mainstream science. A new overall interpretation is needed that involves intelligence in the system in some way but also quits throwing out outlier evidence that doesn't fit the mainstream interpretation.

I didn't watch that video for the interpretation of the evidence. I watched for "the evidence" because mainstream science does not talk about that evidence. Quit looking at there interpretations and develop your own. Just quit throwing out important evidence that doesn't fit your preconceived notions.

And no, I don't throw out your evidence, I use your evidence develop my own interpretation using mainstream sciences good interpretations while questioning mainstream sciences hair brain interpretations (especially when it comes to information management in biological systems).
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 05:34 pm
@brianjakub,
you and gungasnake have the same common ancestor.
brianjakub

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:00 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
you and gungasnake have the same common ancestor
Don't we all? Isn't he some chimp that knows sign language?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:53 am
@brianjakub,
That's not how common ancestors work. Man didn't come from the chimpanzee, both man and chimpanzees came from something else.

Quote:
The tests showed that even though humans and chimps split from a common ancestor between 5m and 7m years ago, the rate at which their genetic codes were evolving was extremely similar, differing by only 3%, and much slower than gorillas and orang-utans.

A slow molecular clock suggests that the time between generations is long, something that has historically set humans apart from the great apes. Team member Navin Elango said: "We found that the chimpanzee's generation time is a lot closer to that of humans than it is to other apes."

According to the scientists, whose study appears today in the US journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the finding suggests some human traits only emerged 1m years ago, a fleeting moment on evolutionary scales."This study provides further support for the hypothesis that humans and chimpanzees should be in one genus, rather than in two different genera, because we not only share extremely similar genomes, we share similar generation time," said Dr Yi.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2006/jan/24/research.highereducation
rosborne979

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 04:35 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
you and gungasnake have the same common ancestor
Isn't he some chimp that knows sign language?

Some of his posts sure do make us think he is.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 09:33 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
That's not how common ancestors work. Man didn't come from the chimpanzee, both man and chimpanzees came from something else
Don't we all? Isn't he some "chimp like animal" that knows sign language?

Is that better?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 09:41 am
@brianjakub,
Not really.
0 Replies

salsays

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 11:42 am
@neologist,
Its clear enough. Thanks
0 Replies