Durn it, Roy.

Ragman

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 12:29 pm
So glad to read Edgar and family are safe. Sure hope Katia stays away.

I've picked a great time to be away from So. FL! Mercy sakes! Though I'm on vacationin EU, we're watching intently the news about Irma. So far it looks to be going right over Tampa-St Pete-Sarasota. We've got someone staying in our home watching it for us. (Hurricane shutters installed tomorrow).
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 03:00 pm
@Ragman,
Once I knew the eye would miss us, I quit worrying for myself. No high winds and, knock-on-my-head, my house has not in 21 years came close to flooding.
Ragman

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 03:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
When I read all of this and think of what is about to happen in Sarasota ... I hold my breath.

Frankly, I don't look good in blue.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 03:44 pm
I hope they are wrong about the destruction it may do.
Ragman

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2017 07:01 am
@edgarblythe,
Preliminary reports from my neighbor is that house is intact, though the power has been off-and-on. No flooding. Hope my garden hasn't taken too bad of a hit. More importantly the neighborhood and the area has been spared. Quite concerned about the Caribbean islands, Cuba and the FL Keys.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2017 07:05 am
@Ragman,
Amazing, if they still have electricity.
Ragman

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2017 08:52 am
@edgarblythe,
Luckily, all of our power utility wiring is underground . A few palm fronds are down and we might have to replace one giant shefflara tree. HOA Assoc probably will advise as it was one of theirs .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 05:11 am
The people of Puerto Rico still are drinking rainwater in many areas. There likely will be a mass migration from that island, once they get on their feet enough to make the move.
0 Replies