Am I stupid because of my PSAT score?

DrewDad

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 02:32 pm
@bevron,
Preparation courses are very helpful in attaining higher scores. Just knowing what to expect on the test saves time and relieves anxiety. Knowing that they look for antonyms instead of synonyms (or whatever the test does nowadays) can be really helpful.
bevron

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 09:38 am
@JPB,
Thanks for your reply. I was told that for the NMSF in our state (Alabama) that usually the minimun score was in the 210-212 range. I didn't know what the NMSC minimum was. I would, and he would also, be perfectly happy with the NMSC if he is able to make that.
0 Replies

bevron

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 10:12 am
@DrewDad,
Wow, I had never "posted" before and it is so exciting to actually get responses. My son will attend a prep course at his school before taking the PSAT for his Junior yr so hopefully that will help to bring his 10th grade score up. If he can make the "Commended" level I will be so proud of him, but if it is possible for him to make the Semi-Finalists I would be ecstatic (and I think he would too)!!!
0 Replies