How safe is my A2k info?

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 04:32 pm
I was threatened by an A2K poster today. He is a jerk and offended many people. He said he would "track me down and shoot you for mouthing off."

I' m not concerned. I doubt if he''s anywhere near me. We did exchange about 4 remarks. He has not messaged me since.

But I got to wondering how private my info is, especially email on this site.

I don't have anything on my profile and don't care to look at anyone elses.

roger

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 04:42 pm
@PUNKEY,
I think we are pretty secure here. I understand our email is run through something called a 'hashing routine', and is only saved as a more or less incomprehensible string of characters. If you are contacted in any way by the administration, it will be done without their knowing your email addy. This came up years ago, and that was the answer we received.

On the contact you had, copy the message and sender and send it to 'contact us'. I'm sure this isn't going to be tolerated.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 04:42 pm
@PUNKEY,
I would say if there's nothing on your profile, then you're right, you can't be traced.

The guy was a jerk - as always, tell us on the Contact Us link if anything like this happens in the future because we mods and admins can do something about it.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 12:37 am
@jespah,
Yes, report this creep. Threats of violence are still illegal.
0 Replies