Delta Jeep?

Pitter

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:34 pm
I've been seeing a vehicle that looks exactly like a downsized '70s style Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 jeep but instead of having that name embazened on the radiator it says "Delta". Anybody know what it is or where it's from?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,221 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:45 pm
Nope. I did see a Chrysler Jeep product that looked somewhat like their Cherokee, but maybe a bit smaller. Don't recall the designation.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:54 pm
Dad had an Olds Delta 88 at one time...thats not it though, Im pretty sure Smile
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 08:59 pm
http://www.deltamotorcorp.co.za/

????

strange, hope it helps
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 09:15 pm
Just guessing but "Delta Motors" is a company out of South Africa that remakes several Opel, Isuzu and Suzuki models... I'm not sure if they leave the original nameplates on or slap their own on them... Just a guess..
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 06:51 am
I saw that about a Delta Motor Co. in Namibia. I then read there is also supposed to be one in the Philipines that built Delta badged Toyota jeeps.
0 Replies

carloscee

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 01:10 pm
Replying to a year-old post....

I saw the post when I googled for Toyota Delta Cruisers.

Yes, we have a number of them running here in the Philippines, the military uses most of them, but I bought one from a person who fixed a wrecked cruiser.

The Delta Motor Company was a subsidiary of Toyota and manufactured the jeeps during the 1960's - mainly for the army. It has since closed down (here, at least).

The vehicle has... character, to say the least. Very utilitarian, as jeeps are supposed to be. My little yellow junk heap doesn't even have a radio. I put in an aftermarket airconditioner to make the heat here more bearable.

I'm currently in the process of trying to rebuild it, since it has fallen into disrepair. Unfortunately, parts are a b*tch to find since most of the manufactureres who supplied those parts have long closed shop after the war.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 08:28 pm
I wonder how they made their way to Colombia and where they're from, Africa or the Phillipines.
Good luck on the rebuild.
0 Replies