I can't sleep! Or any random stuff.......

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 07:34 am
Boston, being a fairly largish city, has people of every stripe, Brahminesque and otherwise. Also, being the home of more coleges and universities than one can count, using all fingers and toes as aids, it has a horde of temporary residents from literally every corner of the world. Again, like any other large city, it is a city of neighborhoods. But SuperJ will, no doubt, soon learn which are sympatico places to hang out. When you gonna start that new thread, SuperJ?
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 09:55 am
Hmm.. I feel really pressured into starting this thread already, but I'm getting the feeling that it is going to be gooood.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 11:11 pm
Oh, it will, it will! Very Happy
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:27 am
superjuly wrote:
Quote:
This internal skeleton serves as a surface for muscle attachment.

http://www.spyda-webb.co.uk/anatomy.html

Hmm... interesting. Now I know about a spider's anatomy.
Most interesting I though was how a male spider will vibrate the female's web in a special way to tell her that he's a mate and not an insect to be eaten... How romantic is that?

I remember something from university zoology courses about spiders having hydraulic legs - they change the pressure of the liquids inside their legs and this makes the legs bend or straighten.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:58 am
2:57 am..the bear and bear jr. come in from karaoke show...need a few minutes to wind down.....it was nice tonight..people singing Christmas songs and behaving politely, even the drunk ones...good vibes in the club.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:32 am
Grand Duke wrote:
superjuly wrote:
Quote:
This internal skeleton serves as a surface for muscle attachment.

http://www.spyda-webb.co.uk/anatomy.html

Hmm... interesting. Now I know about a spider's anatomy.
Most interesting I though was how a male spider will vibrate the female's web in a special way to tell her that he's a mate and not an insect to be eaten... How romantic is that?

I remember something from university zoology courses about spiders having hydraulic legs - they change the pressure of the liquids inside their legs and this makes the legs bend or straighten.

It's half true!!!! They use muscles to bend them - and hydraulics to straighten them!!!!

Why are we the only people fascinated by this stuff????
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:33 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
2:57 am..the bear and bear jr. come in from karaoke show...need a few minutes to wind do

heehee - karaoke is one of one of my groups of friends' secret vices!!!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:07 am
D - They are all trivia-heathens. They know not what they are missing. One day they will see lhe light and seek to stuff their heads with useless information. Oh yes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:33 am
I am in love, Grand Duke!!!!!! "Trivia-heathens"....yes!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:39 am
:wink: Trivia is only trivial if you never find a use for it. So I find uses! So far, being the Trivial Pursuit champion of my circle of friends, and being top of list of people to ring when someone's looking for members of a pub quiz team are the only uses I've found!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:17 am
And a fully, if quirkily furnished, mind is a great pleasur eto its owner.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:22 am
Quote:

And a fully, if quirkily furnished, mind is a great pleasure to its owner

I prefer to consider my mind well-cluttered, layered with accumulated information and hybrid insights.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:38 am
I would liken my mind to a large pot of stew simmering on the stove. Many ingredients are added to the stew, some never to be seen again. But every now and then, if you wait long enough, something recognisible will float to the top, hang around a while, then sink into the gloomy depths, only occasionaly to be seen again...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:00 am
Grand Duke--

Perpetual stew, infinitely nourishing, but unpredictable on any given day.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 10:06 am
Hit + Nail + Head = Noddy!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:22 pm
Grand Duke--

For real unpredicatable flavor wait 70-80 years. Your soup will have seasoned, senior moments.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:29 pm
You're right. The basic ingredients are all here but it definitely needs seasoning!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:16 pm
Grand Duke--

Aren't you counting your Attic Wit?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:34 pm
I suggest basil.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:36 pm
To digress - I cannot, for the life of me, get a light-hearted thread really humming along any more.

Is it me? Have I become an awful bore???

Is it because I sometimes inhabit politics, and everyone hates me?

Is it a sign of the times? Do silly threads no longer occupy anyone?

Is it A2k? Is all the fun now confined to those heavy, panting flirt threads?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 03:15:48