2004 GOLDEN GLOBE Winners

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 12:46 pm
DiCaprio is only 5'11" but his slim build and the clothes he chooses makes him appear taller. Directors have had him standing on a riser with some other actors. I believe Cate Blanchett was one of them.

I hope you don't look like a workout bag.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 12:55 pm
I read an article on him recently that said he was over 6'. I didn't believe it, but seeing him standing next to Hillary Swank, I do.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:22 pm
The article is incorrect. Swank is only 5' 7" so someone 5' 11" is going to look taller. These stats are confirmed by IMDb Pro and Variety but I can't link you unless you want to pay for the subscription. Just put the two actor's name into Google, however, with "height" and the same stats come up.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:27 pm
OK, thanks for the clarification.

Swank is a little hottie.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 05:32 pm
One problem, and it's supposedly a big secret, is that he wears elevators.
0 Replies

angelhaze20

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 04:36 am
I missed the awards show, but I'm glad that Leonardo DiCaprio won for "The Aviator." That was a really good movie. Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 09:19 am
It's an amazing performance.
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 05:08 pm
DiCaprio has what I call the star head....His head is large for his body and most successful screen stars have that feature. Plus he looks good from any angle. His head is really prominent in AVIATOR. I don't believe he is the height he is professing to be.

Alan Ladd was the same combination except he was shorter than Leonardo. I am glad DiCaprio got his Golden Globe because he might not get the Academy Award due to Fox.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:27 pm
DeCaprio is actually 5' 7" and wears elevators.

Alan Ladd was 5' 4-1/2" and as you likely knew had to stand on a box or in a hole with his fellow actors. He was also shot using the foreshortening angle similar to what was used in LOTR to make the Hobbits looks small in some scenes. For instance, when Frodo and Gandalf are in the cart in the beginning of "Fellowship," he was sitting in the back seat of the cart. It's a focusing trick that comes in handy.
0 Replies