PUMAS BICAMPEON

el pohl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:03 am
So... which is the coach that chivas need?

Tuca again? Some other guy from neatherlands? El "Capitan Furia"? Probably another former player?

Dang, I feel Im hijacking this one, so, to support the original thread:

Goooya! Goooya!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 08:38 pm
No hijacking, el_pohl, A2K is THE place for digressive threads Smile

I don't understand Mr. V. I mean, Galindo was doing a decent job, and the coach was fired because of his unwillingness to "lend" players for private Mr. V. parties. He also made a mistake sending Palencia to one of the worst leagues in the world.
Azcargorta seems to have buried the Chivas season.
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 02:51 am
Ah, but we shall emerge from the burial grounds of Apertura 2005 and return to the glorious paths of La Liguilla soon enough! Though, with our seleccionados leaving midway through the next season...

... we need some change similar to what happened in Universidad. V-Man stated that Palencia will return, I wonder in what conditions though. Askargorta seems like he will remain in the bench for some period, I can tell because he never stands up during a match... that bucket sure is confy I bet.

"V" is a business man, probably he doesnt even enjoy soccer.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 09:30 am
Pumas 4, Vélez Sarsfield 0
(after a 0-0 draw in Buenos Aires).

And I've got tickets for the final: Pumas - Boca Juniors! Even if Conmebol always slants the cups towards Argentinian teams (this time thay changed the days of the game to fix it better for Boca) Pumas has the spirit to prevail.-

el_pohl... didn't you enjoy América's humbling defeat yesterday?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 11:39 am
I'm rooting for the Puma. CONMEBOL always in favour of the argentinian and brasilian teams it's sickening.

It's not the change of dates that bothers me, it's the fact that they refused to change dates when Chivas asked for it on Libertadores, and the fact that the 'Ida' will be in CU while the 'Vuelta' en la Bombonera.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 12:12 pm
Well, go Pumas.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:06 pm
It was even worse for Santos de Torreón, Joe, when they faced River Plate a couple of years ago, remember?
The referee made Borghetti repeat the penalty kick until the Argentinian goalie stopped it.

Edgar, thanks for the support.

May I remind all the English footie fans here on A2K that Boca Juniors is Maradona's favorite team?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:43 am
Yeah, I also remember that game. For some reason I remember Santos' argentinian goalkeeper Lucchetti, it looked as he was even more pissed off because of the situation than most of his teammates.
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 02:36 pm
Hahaha, that 1-4 will become one of my fondest memories, ever.

And shall I state that Boca Juniors is the team that I find more disgusting? Someone needs to nail Palermo on his way to the stadium.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:01 am
1-1. Terrible first half, fun second half.
We'll prevail at the Bombonera, I hope.

We were at the stadium 2 hours before the start of the game and yet we couldn't get the good seats we were hoping for, only slightly better than average. It was so full everybody saw the game standing up (the guys on the front rows have to stand, if they want to see the ball at grass level: the stadium was made before "static advertising").

Every time Palermo took the ball he was jeered by the crowd, and whistled the five whistles which translate into a four letter English word and a family relationship. We don't forget what the bastard did to Bofo.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:57 am
It would be so sweet if Pumas beat Boca in la Bombonera. I just hope it doesn't turn into another fight/riot.

In bocca al lupo!
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:47 pm
Good whistling FBaezer!

Too bad they couldnt get the win. Hopefully the refs will be acceptable in the Bombonera. Its gonna be real tough!

I was listening to the game on W Radio, pretty fun really, as you need to imagine the game. Every play sounds dangerous!

BTW, what happened to Pumas in the first half?!?
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 11:12 am
el_pohl wrote:

BTW, what happened to Pumas in the first half?!?

I honestly dunno. Boca had the iniciative. Basile probably read correctly the way Pumas played against Corinthians and Vélez (the key: two contention midfielders, and if you notice how Leandro recovers the ball, you can count a third contention man). For a moment before their goal, Boca looked like the home team.

España made good changes at half time: from 4-4 (two contentions)-2 to 5 (two defender-wings)-3-2, and a bet for fastness (changing dribbling Ailton and "Post" De Nigris for swifter men: Iñiguez and Botero). The guy who shifted positions was Pikulín Palacios. It worked.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 08:58 am
I saw the game from about 5 minutes before the first goal. I stayed up til 4.15am rooting for Pumas, unfortunately that wasn't enough.

The second half was amazing, very entertaining. The game couldn't finish without a referee decision favoring Boca and well Abbondanzieri should've been expeled, kind of ironic he scored the winning penalty kick.

Very close game even though the statistics show otherwise, it's a shame Pumas lost.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 11:45 am
I was with my sons and two of their friends, near the Angel, so we'd be among the first to celebrate.

Of course the referee stabbed us in the back, but we knew beforehand we would have to play against him too.

¡Malditos penales!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 11:48 am
We've done it again!

Pumas Campeón

http://www.cronica.com.mx/nimagenes/5/e96219eb89.jpg

Palencia really rocked this year!

http://lechancle.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/festejo-palencia.jpg
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 23 May, 2011 11:39 am