Bloody Tentacles

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 09:58 am
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XwAgY9Ydda4wWpxIKyh0!bwgAV3b64H!OnFc5fyJFtZuDXuCCIwDFxikFybjYKDNPnrY8qMYxzPx3744QCgkAJm3YM2b7R0NRG!7qx7JDfx7FUK1pqrzVpTQmdkXmro6zFdl*v!OjNY/Lots%20of%20Tentacles%20copy.jpg

This is one of my first photoshop 7.0 works. I used an online tutorial to guide me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,389 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:39 am
Wow!, C.S. This is the second time today that I have shivered--once in the beauty of a reply, and now in the tentacle's photo eye.

(which means, I like it)
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 10:49 am
Thanks, I don't know if i counts as original though, because I did get it from a tutorial, but i added my own personal flare and whatnot.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:06 am
Several techies have told me that Photo Shop is very difficult to master, C.S. and yes, this belongs in original, because the innovation becomes a true beginning.

I have an ongoing thread, WA2K radio. I do wish you would do some of your work there.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:23 am
Very cool image. I like the bits that look like bloody fingerprint smears.

(One minor suggestion..feel free to ignore it... if you extend the layers of the inner 2 tentacles off the visible image area, their shadows onto the very center tentacle won't get cut off near the top.)

Letty wrote:
Several techies have told me that Photo Shop is very difficult to master

I disagree. Few of its casual users bother to learn to use it properly and know the right tools to create effects they see in their head (rather than just messing around & hoping for a cool effect to come out), but difficult...relatively not...more like there's just a lot to learn.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:28 am
Monger wrote:

Letty wrote:
Several techies have told me that Photo Shop is very difficult to master

I disagree. Few of its casual users bother to learn to use it properly, and know the right tools to create effects they see in their head (rather than just messing around & hoping for a cool effect to come out), but difficult...relatively not...more like there's just a lot to learn.

I agree. I think it is very user friendly and you can work out a lot of what it does and learn the rest bit by bit from books and friends.

The filters and special effects are really gimmicky and easily recognised if you expect using them to be enough and don't work with layers and changes of your own. Used with disgression they are ok. Don't think that clikcing on eg 'pastel' will make your image look anything remotely like a pastel painting though!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:34 am
Monger, a lot to learn spells difficulty for some of us. Just today I tried and tried to play The Child Inside (music behind Sea World commercial) using Window's Media player. I could not do it.....so, I gave up temporarily.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:55 am
Missed your post, Vivien. I guess time is a factor as well.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 02:31 pm
Photoshop is quick to learn but most people will never master it.

I've been using it daily since version 4...and felt proficient in it very quickly...but I am still discovering new features.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:26 am
stuh505 wrote:
Photoshop is quick to learn but most people will never master it.

I've been using it daily since version 4...and felt proficient in it very quickly...but I am still discovering new features.

very true, I keep discovering new things and probably only know a fraction of it, even so I love it.

I was lucky in that a retired (and immensely intelligent) friend started learning to use it just before me - she would pass on info and I would pick up other stuff and feed it back to her.

Later I taught it to a photographer friend - we had meetings with a photographer friend of hers as well, who used it regularly - and with me coming up with the art based stuff and him coming up with ruby masks and photography based stuff, we all learnt a great deal,
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 02:33 pm
my knowledge seems to evolve as I use it for new things

originally I was just using it for realistic compositioning...then to color my pencil scans...then to make avatars and whatnot...then for graphic presentations and now for drawing new art, and for making textures for 3d art, as well as touching up 3d art and animation frames...with each new use I am forced to learn new tools
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 02:58 pm
Did you make your current avatar, Stuh?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 01:47 pm
yes, that is a wireframe render of the first 3d model I made in max. completely different program from photoshop.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 01:44 pm
How did you get it to fit in. Wasn't the file size too big?
0 Replies