Don1

Sat 11 Dec, 2004 07:09 am
Does anyone here have a good recipe for Indian kebabs, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,510 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

cavfancier

Sat 11 Dec, 2004 07:22 am
Here are a few, with a sauce to boot:

http://www.indianfoodsco.com/Recipes/Kebabs/Kebabs.htm
0 Replies

Don1

Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:03 am
Cav, as a chef do you think the Hussaini kebab recipe would work, it doesn't seem to have many spices in it.

I had a brilliant recipe for kebabs but my wife accidentally chucked it away that had eleven spices in it plus garlic and fresh ginger
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 13 Dec, 2004 07:00 am
Just a stupid question:

what's the main difference between 'kebab' and "Indian kebab"?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 13 Dec, 2004 07:04 am
[Actually, I've never heard of Indian kebab here, you get it in Turkish restaurants and snack bars:
Quote:
Turkish ,kebab, mutton or lamb. (Shish kebab)Variants of this dish are found throughout the Balkans, the Middle East, and the Caucasus. In Greece it is called arni souvlakia, in the Caucasus shashlyk.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Mon 13 Dec, 2004 07:24 am
I think it would be quite nice, but it's typically Northern Indian in style, which does tend to be more delicately spiced than the cuisine in the South, or from Bangladesh.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 13 Dec, 2004 07:54 am
Went to a Nepalese restaurant on Friday night. Best kebabs I've ever had - more finely flavoured than what I'm used to in Indian kebab houses.
0 Replies