Hylton

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 03:14 pm
Re: Ref:- Jani king
alphadog wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm intrigued to know if anyone can compile a list of franchisees who've had bad experiences of Jani king. The figs must run into 100's. Sad
This information would be great if someone wanted to report them. It would add fuel to the fire, for any syndicate who wanted to take them on.
As you are aware, Andrew Lawson and Guy Strang were part of the syndicate in the late 90's, who were very disenchanted and started suing Jani king. There's press cuttings proving this point. However, they are now part of the equation. It's amazing how some people have a change of mind, isn't it?
As I'm a current franchisee, can anyone start the ball rolling for us to start the snowballing effect. to get out of this mess we find ourselves in? Laughing
We have had a go but they are both crafty and slimy.
bagman

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 11:52 am
Big Ben wrote:
As you know I'm a new franchisee so I'm not as hardened as some of the others. I still have hope that I can get my own accounts at my bid. I'm also hoping to use this forum to get insight on growing my business.
To give you one point of view on buying a JaniKing franchise buy in at the minimum and get your own accounts. I hired a company to set appointments for me just recently, we'll see how it goes.
As you know I'm very skeptical about their bidding practices in my area however, yesturday I was briefly presented with a contract that was competitively bid, not too much of a low-ball. It was a bit too far to fit into my longer term goals though. Then the second one I saw was back to minimum wage earnings again. Felt a little bit of hope there for a minute.
On my JaniKing business card is a PGA logo stating JaniKing as the official cleaning company of the PGA. Hopefully a good selling point for prospective clients that I like. They also have national accounts like Madison Square Garden and Texas Motor Speedway.
If I may pass on what I heard in our territory, one franchisee who billed over $900,000 last year bought in at the minimum. I would guess the labor costs on that to be a minimum of 50% and then 25% in royalty and administration fees then maybe 5% in supplies that would estimate a take home of $180,000 tops. The labor is probably more because on my accounts although much smaller I'm sure, if manned at minimum wage would eat up around 75% and then to keep that account paying someone that and expecting superman results...hope to hear from you all soon.
I'm in the U.S.
ithought it was only in the UK that the are ripping people off but it looks like you guys in the USA ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH THESE CROOKS
0 Replies

bagman

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 06:58 am
Re: New Franchisee
Big Ben wrote:
Just purchased a JaniKing franchise about 1 month ago. So far the contracts I've been presented are in my opinion low-ball bid also the details have been off on a few that I'm aware of.
The time estimate of clean is normally impossible for me to acheive with a complete cleaning, so I cut corners and smile or just grin and bear it hoping to adjust the contract later.
I've spoken with them about the low bidding and was recited a standard answer about how the market calls for it.
I've thought about it all and don't feel these are competitive bids at all just low-ball bids. If you were to do the math the wages come out at below minimum wage for doing the quality job you would want.
They talk about moral this and that, how about moral bidding?
As far as our market goes the real estate is among the highest in the country yet they feel we have among the cheapest labor market.
Quote:
all j-k contracts are under quoted there fore every franchisee of theirs has to cut corners to complete the jobs. This poses a problem do the j-k customers know they are actually being ripped off as well as they are paying for work that is not being done. ask j-k to demonstrate to their franchisees how to complete the contracts within the times and they will come up with every excuse on why they are unable to do so. They know that it is not possible they even failed when they tried to do their own in house contracting. They had to almost double the time and pay to complete them.
0 Replies

bagman

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 07:10 am
Re: Janiking UK
bigt wrote:
Hi Guys, I to have been foolish enough to sign up for a Janiking franchise. But a week later found this site and changed my mind. Now would you believe it Janiking are taking me to court for the full franchise fee (£100+k). I have a solicitor but if anyone as information that may help it would be much appreciated.

Bigt
An interesting point here is that the actual franchise is only £15,000-00 the other money you have payed up front is for the business obligation.This price is the quoted price of the business in the BFA magazine. I do not have its name of hand but it is a franchisev mag.
bagman

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 07:17 am
Re: Jani King
Abraham Fox wrote:
I'm a Jani-King franchise owner for the past 6 months now. Can't say its a great business nor a horrible business. The main point to remember is if you're considering buying a franchise with Jani-King is, ACQUIRE YOUR OWN ACCOUNTS! I cannot stress this enough, from my experience if you buy the accounts from JK they will be grossly under bided causing you to make little to no profit. However that's something you could eventually work around but the main reason you do not want to buy nor accept their accounts is because there's a high probability you're going to receive a "problem" account. JK apparently loves to give these away because each time a customer complains and cancels and the account is reassigned, that's a new franchisee fee they get to charge you so beware.

The best way to run this business is getting your own accounts and keeping JK's hands off. Price them yourself, maintain a strong rapport with your clients and you'll make a decent amount of money when its all said and done. Also keep in mind, its a business and it will take time, money and hard work. Having a full time job and running a JK business is possible but I wouldn't recommend it. If you're still unsure, its best to start off small to minimize your losses and you can easily make your investment back within 6 months. GOOD LUCK!
If you are still under business obligation with them getting your own accounts will be a waste of time as the will take them as BO and still charge you finders fees.You are in a no win situation.
0 Replies

bagman

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 03:15 pm
Re: Jani King
magnor517 wrote:
Cleaned out and penniless that is very disturbing info. I too am in the early stages of seeking out a franchise and am considering Jani King. I am in Canada, can you tell me where you are located. Also are you making money? Appreciate the help
It seems the more you hear the more you realise that the racket jani-king runs is a world wide problem. stay away from it at all costs it will ruin your life. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Nick57

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 06:17 am
jani king UK & franchises
hi david, I'm looking at Jani King now, but can't contact you because I've just joined this forum. Would also be interested in hearing from any one else with their Jani King or franchise experiences. e-mail [email protected]

Thanks
0 Replies

sunshine65

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 03:28 pm
RIPP OFF
HI ALL
I AM A CURRENT JANI KING FRANCHISE AND ITS NO GOOD AT ALL I AM FALLING VERY FAST AND KNOW I WONT LAST THIS YEAR
I HAVE PUT ALL MY MONEY IN THEM AND ITS ALL GONE NOT SURE EACH MONTH HOW TO PAY MY STAFF HOW BAD IS THAT Sad
lala0615

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 06:40 am
class action lawsuit against jani-king
Me and my husband bought in to jani-king because they promise us that we would make our investment back in three mouths. We talk to the sale person a lot before we pay our money down. And he insure us we would not have to work after own training was complete due to the fact we would have all kind of work available to us

Long story short are training was over we got one of contract for half of the work that was owned to us but after that we could not even get the sale person on the phone.

When we did talk to the sale person we ask when will we get more work he told us we need to try to find our own work they still owe work

I did find a lawyer who wants to put together a class action suit we just need to all band together and take them down

Please if you are reading this you need post on this link: http://www.topix.com/nascar/kelly-bires/2007/08/jani-king-150-announced-at-the-milwaukee-mile

Attorney in Illinois with several clients who are unhappy Jani-King franchisees. Please contact Rebecca Weinberg at [email protected] for more information
Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

bagman

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 12:51 pm
Jani king Clean wrote:
I must say I find it sad that that is the way you feel about Jani King janikingvictim , I work for a reginal office in the USA and I hope none of the Franchise owners I have feel that way to me. I know that for ME to make any money in my job at the Reginal office I must make the Franchise owners money.
I wish you could come to the USA , I have franchise owners here thats been with us for 12+ years making alot of money.
ABSOLUTE Rubbish
MIKKY

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 07:54 am
Re: jani king scam artists
mitb5 wrote:
thickhead

i would also appreciate any info on how it may be possible to extract onself from a JK franchise.

[email protected]

many thanks[/quote
Paul H, Nigel Y and Ian T & F are the thiefs
MIKKY

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 07:54 am
Re: jani king scam artists
mitb5 wrote:
thickhead

i would also appreciate any info on how it may be possible to extract onself from a JK franchise.

[email protected]

many thanks[
0 Replies

mbolt20

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:00 am
Just lost my 14 year account to jani king
Hi all, I am curious about some things and I hope you can answer some questions I have. I had a customer for 14 years, (I cleaned for them), in comes a new office manager and I was gone, to jani king. It took me about 1 and a half to two hours a day to clean it, (5 days a week), and I made 1,300. a month. I'm curious what kind of bid JK told them and what hours they will spend and what they pay their employees? Did the office have to sign a contract and for how long. I'm hoping to get my account back once the office sees how bad they are! These guys are PICKY! I've taken over offices that JK was doing and they were dirty! Looks like they just emptied trash. They have a bad reputation in Ohio. I'm hoping to have the last laugh!!
sunshine65

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 02:42 pm
Re: Just lost my 14 year account to jani king
mbolt20 wrote:
Hi all, I am curious about some things and I hope you can answer some questions I have. I had a customer for 14 years, (I cleaned for them), in comes a new office manager and I was gone, to jani king. It took me about 1 and a half to two hours a day to clean it, (5 days a week), and I made 1,300. a month. I'm curious what kind of bid JK told them and what hours they will spend and what they pay their employees? Did the office have to sign a contract and for how long. I'm hoping to get my account back once the office sees how bad they are! These guys are PICKY! I've taken over offices that JK was doing and they were dirty! Looks like they just emptied trash. They have a bad reputation in Ohio. I'm hoping to have the last laugh!!

What they do in uk is better work for the same money so not sure if they do that in Ohio
0 Replies

jpg

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 02:07 pm
Wow this forum has brought a brick wall to my thinking about becoming a franchisee for jk... just curious... System4 has a similar strategy and is quite large. I am not sure about outside the US though.

Anyone have any experiences to share about them?
0 Replies

lala0615

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:25 pm
Jani-king lie to my face
Please if any one out there can give me use ful infomation about geting out of this or geting a class action lawsuit rolling please email me at [email protected]
0 Replies

lala0615

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: BigDawg
Please send my any informantion that may help me out of the worst mistake of my life [email protected]
0 Replies

cleanup

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 02:04 pm
Twisted Evil
to sunshine65

J.K.(UK) say they will do a better job for the same money. This is just a line in the sales rubbish.
They actually ask a customer, what the budget is, make the measurements (inaccurately) fit the budget then give a cheaper quote regardless, even if the price does not give the franchisee the time to clean the premises properly. It then becomes a franchisee problem,
THEY NEVER DO A BETTER JOB FOR THE SAME MONEY.
They used to tell the franchisee to clean at 45 to 55% labour (don't know what it is now), 25% franchisee profit (supposedly), 15% franchisee fees the rest on chemicals and equipment (which J.K. rip the franchisee off with the prices made to pay). So tell me how can J.K.(UK) do a better job when a self employed operative can clean at 70% labour, if needed, and get cheaper chemicals & equipment.
Also J.K. (UK) franchisee training was rubbish. They used to teach how to strip and seal a floor on a piece on linoleum in the garage in Kingston. Great when you have a 100,000 sq ft floor to strip & seal. I think not.
How do you think they need all the salesmen to get all the new contracts just to stand still? Because they lose as many contracts as they sell because because of poor performance. their turnover has been around £10 million for the last decade or so and include inflation in their turnover they must have lost about 30 to 40% of what they were doing a decade ago.
ALSO THE TURNOVER IN FRANCHISEES IS ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH! WHY?
If J.K.(UK) ar so wonderful ask them how they lost all the hotel chains they were cleaning (with the exception of the hotels Mr. Flick was cleaning, I don't know if he is still a franchisee) because they were no good at it.
BEWARE OF JANI KING (GB)
sunshine65

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 12:30 am
HI Cleanup

I am aware off all the problems as i been long enough with them (for all my sins)
Yes they got me to as they have with all the otheres some dont know it yes some will find out soon enough
Are you still with JK ? If so i will c u on monday to the nice QRM
0 Replies

cleanup

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 12:57 pm
sunshine65 wrote:
HI Cleanup

I am aware off all the problems as i been long enough with them (for all my sins)
Yes they got me to as they have with all the otheres some dont know it yes some will find out soon enough
Are you still with JK ? If so i will c u on monday to the nice QRM

Very Happy
No! Not still with them, wish I had never been with them. Glad I have survived when I know of lots who haven't.
Enjoy your QRM
Is Guy Strang still in charge?
POACHER TURNED GAMEKEEPER
Very Happy