Team America - I wasn't offended, dammit!!(Warning spoilers)

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:28 pm
I knew someone would remember...

<hee>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:30 pm
Aargh - can't we discuss the movie - not rehash the same damn liberal/conservative "we get treated meaner" thing?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:32 pm
I mean "film" - not "movie".

I have started speaking Murrican!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:41 pm
I got you from the outset, dlowan. "Primary Colors" was a merciless lampoon satire of President Clinton. Has any Republican president warranted a movie lampooning their political career? Again, they're all too dull, including Reagan. He often did his job well but was about as interesting as artificial insemination.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:44 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Good luck, Lash. Remember, we're talking comedy lampoon or satire. If it's about a real person who was an **** like "Nixon," it doesn't shake.

Very funny. <polite laughter>

<just kidding>

No. I mean in movies.

(I'll think of some...)

Anyway, I've read several furious liberals, seriously complaining of the Diabolical Duos treatment of Penn, Baldwin, et al.

Glad no one here takes it so seriously.

<Love South Park. They are hilarious!>

Did you hear about the letter Sean Penn wrote Trey and Matt?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:46 pm
Um. That wasn't a lampoon of Clinton--it was a biography... OK, thinly veiled...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:48 pm
And your point is? Again, conservative policians are so terminally dull and lifeless that they would be about as interesting as watching snow melt.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:59 pm
OK, pulling a wild hair out of my nose, I'm guessing that the most satarized characters on South Park have been Barbara Streisand and Jesus (both liberals) not too many movies made as satires (it takes a somewhat intellectual audience for satire) but in my recall the three most satirized presidents have been JFK (remember Vaughn Meader?) Richand Nixon (ala Sock it to me) and Bill Clinton (kept SNL going for 8 years) I am "left" puzzling over the "conservative" victims of satire.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 07:27 pm
"Sock It To Me" was never a movie but a line on "Laugh-In" (and the focus of the million dollar question on "Millionaire") A real biography was made of "Nixon" which is interesting to watch once but "All the President's Men" is the best movie about a president and it's not a satire by any means.

Again,

Republican humor

An oxymoron.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 07:32 pm
Bush is admittedly keeping Stewart, Leno and Letterman quite buzy but then he's already a parody of himself. His lame attempts at humor would have him booed out of any comedy club (they might even throw food).

I would imagine "Team America" has a field day with the chicken hawks but hardly just because they are mostly Republicans. They're just plain ole garden variety hypocrites.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:24 pm
As I keep saying, Team America has a field day with EVERYBODY - that is its point....anyone else who has actually seen the film wanna talk about it???

So much stuff it would be fun to talk about.........
0 Replies