The Worst Thing Trump has Done.

centrox

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 02:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

So I'm not allowed to answer then? I would say one that helps people to understand while still remaining credible.

Sorry, Izzy, I didn't mean to get in the way, and it looked as if my previous answer was slagging you off, I just wanted to clear that up. I just sometimes get a bee in my bonnet about people thinking 'simplistic' means the same as 'simple' or 'simplified'. Simplistic is a pejorative word meaning overly simplified—that is, characterised by extreme and often misleading simplicity.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 02:31 pm
@centrox,
No offence taken I was just feeling a bit lary.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 02:32 pm
In hindsight, it might be said that Trump exposed all the 70 year old sedentry, for wanting to spend retirement complaining about this or that, rather than do something about it.

Since we can't understand completely, one's unconscious, much anti-Trump rhetoric could just be Freudian - dislike the paternal authority figure, especially if it comes packaged in wealth that one knows they would never have the inclination to amass, or the ancestors that secured the proverbial beachhead two generation ago. Just a lot of sour grapes, in my opinion, or a lot of anti-male feelings, or a lot of dislike of anything that smacks of being a "cracker." Just an emotional tantrum after their loving au pair lost the election, in my opinion.
centrox

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 03:42 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
much anti-Trump rhetoric could just be Freudian - dislike the paternal authority figure... [more bullshit]

Or it could be because he's a complete and utter prick?
Foofie

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 02:19 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

Foofie wrote:
much anti-Trump rhetoric could just be Freudian - dislike the paternal authority figure... [more bullshit]

Or it could be because he's a complete and utter prick?

Well, he cares for the United States of America, and all who value the nation that grew out of those English rebels in 1776, in my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion; however, you perhaps should focus on Brexit, inasmuch as that is your respective vested interest. Unless of course, you are a citizen of the world, and have given yourself the right to stick a British/European nose in the affairs of the United States of America.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2017 02:53 pm
@Foofie,
There's no reason at all for centrox to not offer his thoughts on America, it's leaders or Americans. They are often nasty hogwash, but so what?

If there is a UK, French, or Dutch version of A2K you will find far fewer Americans participating than the "foreigners" who frequent here. Most of them will be ex-pats living in those countries.

America is the Big Dog. Europe used to be the Big Dog. It, apparently, takes quite a few generations of French and Brits to accept this reality.

In any case, if America was subservient to the will of the UK or France, I would be out there criticizing either one.

It's good to be knowledgeable about the world, but there is a reason Europeans tend to be more knowledgeable about the US than Americans are about Europeans. America has a greater potential to affect their lives than Europe does ours. I doubt very much that when Brittania ruled the waves that the average Brit knew anything more about China than Chinese Gordon was kicking Chinese ass with his swagger stick or about the Sudan than Kitchener was kicking Mahdi follower ass to avenge Gordon and cement the territory in the Empire.
Foofie

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2017 03:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

...It's good to be knowledgeable about the world, but there is a reason Europeans tend to be more knowledgeable about the US than Americans are about Europeans. America has a greater potential to affect their lives than Europe does ours. I doubt very much that when Brittania ruled the waves that the average Brit knew anything more about China than Chinese Gordon was kicking Chinese ass with his swagger stick or about the Sudan than Kitchener was kicking Mahdi follower ass to avenge Gordon and cement the territory in the Empire.

Perhaps you are a bit too humble in your analysis. There is a secular religion, as I see it, called Americanism. Just like Catholics might not like someone that is not a Catholic criticizing the Catholic Church, some Americans do not like others criticizing the U.S. when the the critics are foreigners. And, let's not forget that we helped saved Europeans from becoming members of a regime that was ready to have a caste system, based on how Aryan one was (an artificial construct). Europeans, in my opinion, too often suffer from exactly what for two millenia they thought Jews suffered from (a superiority complex).

My focus is on the Europeans that were happy, that after the smoke lifted from WWII, the Jews were gone. Nor could they come back and be safe. And now they criticize Israel. So, there is no love lost for continental Europe. I wish them no harm; I just don't value them, since that was/is their attitude towards me.

Sorry, the American (U.S.) people are different than many Europeans. I tend to think it has something to do with Protestants were the early bird here, and set the culture for an inclusive mode (they needed help to manage such a big country), rather than the exclusive mode as in much of Europe (often a Catholic country, in my opinion, since control might be the orientation of a Catholic country, while a Protestant country values wealth, and hey, Jews seem to have an affinity to making money).
0 Replies

Angelgz2

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 01:48 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Instead of surrendering to the liberals, we need to vote more Republicans into office in the midterm and primary the Republican traitors who keep attacking our president.

I still believe what I believe, that is, over-regulating the market is bad, loose immigration policy is bad, and that excessive support for the poor ($15 min wage) is bad. To me, I get that most liberal politics revolves around being ethical. However, a functional society cannot be ran like a charity -- because you'll bankrupt the country. We have seen this already -- many times over. Karl Marx's concept of communism is wonderful, but we as human beings are greedy and self-centered, so it failed, miserably and millions died as a consequence. So, whoever have policies that is logically sound and economically sustainable, I support.

However, I need those policies to become a reality; not just talks. Empty promises are useless, and one cannot achieve greatness alone. He's not playing smart. That is currently Mr. Trump's problem -- he's alone and he has made enemies everywhere. That's not a good thing because he'll cause republicans to lose seats and give a bad name to all republicans. Right now he's also making enemies overseas by pissing of our important allies in Asia such as South Korea and Japan. All these are not good for the USA in the long run.
0 Replies