Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 03:41 am
I have a question on a typical side dish served in Sweden when you order pizza. After ordering your pizza you go to the (small) salad bar and take a plate of the pizza salad. It is made of white cabbage in thin slices, and than a dressing is added, made of oil, vinegar, water, suger, salt and black pepper. The salad is marinated in the fridge 4-5 days before use. This salad can be found all over Sweden where they sell pizza. The salad is selldom served to other dishes than pizza, and it is known under the name "pizza salad".

Is this salad known anywhere else in the world? And in what countries? When was it first introduced?

As always; lot of questions, and I hope some answers from you beautiful and intelligent people on the net!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,599 • Replies: 2
No top replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 08:22 am
Hi Richard1 Welcome to a2k, first of all!

I'm a swede myself, but I'm living in Germany since 13 yrs now.

I was asking myself the same thing when I moved to Germany, "Where the heck is my pizza sald?". I think this is so typical swedish, I've never seen it anyplace else. And I work in an italian Ristorante/pizzeria in here!

In the place where I work, you gotta buy your own salad, and it's nothing like the swedish pizza salad. It's just a mixed salad with onions, tomatos, paprika and such.

I think you gotta ask someone else!
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 10:32 pm
That sounds an awful lot like the salad that comes with teriyaki chicken around here. It's good! Sometimes it's made with torn lettuce (obviously not marinated for days) and it's good that way too.
0 Replies