Renault...

Pitter

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 08:05 pm
What size engine does a Renault Master have?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,612 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Adrian

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 10:17 pm
The current model?

If so they have a choice of 1.9L, 2.2L, 2.5L & 2.8L diesels in N/A or turbo spec.

I think you can still get a 2.0L petrol engine too.

Strange question coming from Colombia, they don't sell it over there do they?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 01:17 am
Actually, the Master is sold with engines from 1.9 ltr up to 3.0 ltr and HERE is there Columbian website.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 07:57 am
Actually Renault was the first or one of the first foreign companies to build an assembly plant in Colombia and they did it back in the seventies. Older Masters are everywhere down here.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 03:44 pm
Walter-

Thanks for the info on the 3.0L. I was working off aftermarket parts manuals so the 3.0L must be quite new.

Pitter-

That's weird. I can't find the master on the Colombian site....then again I don't speak spanish so....anyway. Was it a current model that you were asking about?
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 08:29 pm
Adrian no I was asking about older Masters as the model has been discontinued for a while. I saw one they were selling as an '87 the other day. My guess is the model ended shortly after that. If you think Renaults being built in Colombia is wierd how about Russian Ladas being manufactured in Ecuador! In fact when I first came down here I was really surprised at all brands that are currently or were at one time manufactured here. Older US models include Willys jeeps and Dodge Darts.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 08:43 pm
Ah, that makes more sense.

The mid 80's model came with 2.0L and 2.2L petrol engines or 2.1L and 2.5L diesels.

I have done business with people in Chile and they say the same things. Renault seem to have got in early throughout South America and at one point or another almost every marque out there has been built under licence somewhere on the continent.

I love that they sell Vitaras as Chevs. Laughing
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:38 am
I HAVE a Vitara, a '97 manufactured in Ecuador. It has a carburater and manual choke! Scads of Suzuki and Izuzu models are sold as Cheys here.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:39 pm
They introduced EFI on the Vitara here in 91 but they kept selling the carby "pov pack" version up until 95.

And anyway manual chokes are way more reliable than those stupid bimetal spring autochokes. Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 06:08 pm
owned a Gordini as my first car in 1969. A car that defined POS as no other.
They would

leak

start with or without a battery(the crank was the only cool thing about them)

blow water vapor all over when wound out

be totally underpowered

have a gear shift that was never quite completely in gear

never last beyond 30000 miles

have a dash clock when what you really needed was a calendar

Make sex an athletic event

look like they were designed by Walt Disney, wherein everybody in the car had to wear white gloves
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 08:50 pm
Yes my Vitara always fires up instantly in the morning at about half choke.

FM always wondered about Gordinis, that is if they had any special spunk over a standard R10 say.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 04:54 am
cannot compaare, but, when my Gordini bit the dust, I vowed never to own a French car ever again. so far, Ive kept my promise.
The Gordini was supposed to be "hot", maybe , if you compare it to a camel
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 07:02 am
Else where (and now I can't remember where) I posted a picture of a Hino car from the sixties that was a Renault in a Japanese body. Who'd a thunk it?!
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 02:39 pm
And what's more I just ran accross a 1953 Renault Dauphin (at least identified as such by the owner) parked at the shopping mall. Really odd looking thing. Didn't have my camera, darn.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 08:35 pm
I remember that Hino! I spent days trying to work out what the hell it was. It's here;

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501894#501894

Did the Dauphin look like this?

http://www.cults.freeserve.co.uk/cars/mid0004.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 09:00 pm
the renault lights were further apart and I believe the roofline was more rectalinear. but there is a huge family similarity.

Oh god, 56 HP of complete crapolla. That car retired the wordPOS
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:44 am
Here's a Hino Contessa '64 I think. This was in a parade in Cali, Colombia last year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/Pitter/Test/tinycar.jpg
0 Replies