New Workout Program

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 02:12 pm
Ok, this is kind of embarrassing but I have to know before I go any further! I just started a new workout program; I am concerned about my upper body workout, particularily my pectoral workout. Yes, my boobs. I don't want to lose them. I've heard that working the pectorals will make your breasts appear larger (since you've built the muscle up underneath) but I've also heard that this isn't true. I am doing upper and lower twice a week, alternating upper and lower (week 1 upper on Monday, lower on Wednesday, Upper on Friday; week 2 lower on Monday, upper on Wednesday, lower on Friday) and cardio 20 minutes 2 times a week (stepper). I am not in this to lose more than 5-10 lbs of fat. I am in this to tone and define.

Any information on whether or not pectoral workouts make your breasts appear larger or if this workout is going to decrease them? I want to be toned but I also want to keep what I have on top!

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,697 • Replies: 10
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 02:16 pm
I think they make your breasts appear perkier but not larger. Mine are about as perky as one would expect after two kids, but a pectoral workout does appear to help the sag. For me anyway.

I have seen women whose pecs were almost overdeveloped -- and then, yeah, their breasts didn't appear very large. But keep in mind that a lot of this has to do with hormones. If you are not a body builder I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Happy working out! And good luck.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 02:19 pm
Thanks! I am at 2 sets of 15 reps at 20 lbs. for the pecs. Nothing spectacular. I am still weak and new at this! I don't want to get all built. I just want to be toned and svelt (as my mom jokes).
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 02:24 pm
on a side note...when does it stop hurting? owie...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 02:26 pm
Laughing I think it's like two days of soreness? I'm no workout buff, but I find when I'm feeling like a ball of flab a workout of the caliber you're doing helps. Sometimes it feels good to be sore after being a sedentary blob for a while.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 02:27 pm
Shocked Great. So it will be feeling better by my next workout. How fun.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 03:50 pm
be sure and post some before+after shots :wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 04:05 pm
If you lose a ton of fat, and build a lot of muscle, your breasts can obviously get smaller. This isn't going to automatically happen because you're lifting weights, though. Did happen to an ex of mine though...she was petite to begin with and was pretty dedicated to lifting weights. Her body was much better overall though.

A big myth women have about lifting weights is "I don't want to get bigger." Guess what? It's not that easy. To get "bigger," you've got to be eating enough calories to support muscle growth, and constantly striving to lift heavier weights. On top of that, you don't produce the hormones(testosterone) at a level men do to experience the same kind of muscle growth.

So in a nutshell, it really depends. On your diet, and how hard you're lifting weights.

And you'll get sore after workouts for the first few weeks or so. After that, it should subdue. You'll probably get a little sore here and there, but it's normal.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 04:06 pm
Oh, and by the way, "tone and define" is just a feminine way of saying, "build muscle and lose fat." At least you're doing it the right way, and not led to believe doing only cardio is going to "tone" you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 04:21 pm
Increased definition and perkiness in the upper body? back stroke in the pool, baby.

Amazingly noticeable results after about 2 weeks, when it's part of an overall routine. A friend's husband can always tell when I've been doing the backstroke. Odd, but useful, that he comments.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:30 am
Thanks guys. I don't want to build muscle. I want to lift my ass a little and get rid of the second wave on my upper arm (you know, the one that waves when you wave your hand?) I have already noticed increased energy after only one week of excercise. Amazing.

I don't really need to lose weight, except maybe a bit on my thighs and belly. Maybe 5-10 lbs. I am really hoping that those 5-10 lbs doesn't come out of my chest.
0 Replies