Is there anything more evil than this?

Sturgis

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 11:56 am
@jespah,
Quote:
...use sugar instead -which of course is how you get ants.

At which point you sprinkle black pepper around (which'll likely set forth a visit from another crawler family).
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 12:03 pm
I'm in Texas and have never seen one of these centipedes. They're invasive am from the mediterranean area.

Scutigera coleoptrata
Scutigera coleoptrata – one of several species commonly known as the 'house centipede or "monster bug"' – is a typically yellowish-grey centipede with up to 15 pairs of legs. Oeriginating in the Mediterranean region, the species has spread to other parts of the world, where it can live in human homes.[1] It is an insectivore; it kills and eats other arthropods, such as insects and arachnids.[2]

Unlike its shorter-legged but much larger tropical cousins,Unlike its shorter-legged but much larger tropical cousins, S. coleoptrata can live its entire life inside a building, usually the ground levels of homes. Though they often startle their unwitting housemates with their appearance and surprising speed, they are generally considered harmless to humans.[13] Bites are uncommon, and the forcipules [a pair of stinging spines on the first segment behind the antennae] of house centipedes are not strong enough to easily penetrate human skin. Bites are similar to a bee's sting, with its venom causing redness and mild to severe swelling.[3][14]

Techniques for eliminating centipedes from homes include drying up the areas where they thrive, eliminating large indoor insect populations, sealing cracks in the walls, pouring bleach down shower and sink drains, and seeking the assistance of an exterminator. An alternative is to let them live, allowing them to control pests, e.g., roaches, flies, moths, bed bugs, silverfish, earwigs, etc.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 11:12 pm
@emmett grogan,
emmett grogan wrote:
They die of diabetes?

The idea of the chemicals killing the bugs might work if they are left to die. But I use the gun to blast them with physical damage.

The Lawn and Garden version is specifically meant to do more physical damage to bugs. One hopper full of salt gives 80 shots with the normal gun. The same hopper gives 50 shots with the Lawn and Garden version. However, I expect the damage to bugs is determined by range with either gun.

A shot from a few inches should blast a bug to pieces with either version. A shot from a yard or so will usually mess up a high speed spider enough that it is no longer difficult to kill, and will leave a bug that was zipping through the air fluttering around on the floor.

Normally my first shot incapacitates the bug and my second shot splatters it.
jespah

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 07:46 am
@oralloy,
So after the first one, the bug yells, "It's only a flesh wound!"?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 10:51 am
@tsarstepan,
YES...This monster:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ad/a0/9e/ada09e5fd3b5e1c1ac67bb9d86894624.jpg
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 11:51 am
And this

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/39/d3/7d/39d37d44a395645404df1224a18dba29.jpg
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 12:58 pm
@emmett grogan,
Eeeeeeek!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2017 05:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

YES...This monster:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ad/a0/9e/ada09e5fd3b5e1c1ac67bb9d86894624.jpg

Is it too late for gastric stapling for this guy?
Susmariosep

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Dear readers here, this morning as I have now this routine, I will look up in the Popular posts of the day, one post to which I will do critique on, according to these premises:
1. The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence.
2. Existence is either from oneself or from another.
3. Existence can be in one’s mind and/or also outside one’s mind and independent of one’s mind.

Okay, just wait and I will be back, for I will now proceed to the list of Popular posts of today, and choose one to which I will contribute my critique on the three above premises.

. . . .

Here I am again, and this is the post I have chosen to do critique on, as follows:
Quote:
Is there anything more evil than this?
Forums: Philosophy, Evil, Ugh, So Freaking Evil, Does God Hate Us All
Question by tsarstepan
Posted 08/02/17 10:49 AM
Replies: 27
Views: 510
Last Post by tsarstepan
on 08/05/17 5:19 PM NEW

Okay, I will now go and read the post above, and report back here on my critique, please read my next post – be back soon.
0 Replies

Susmariosep

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:47 pm
Well, I am back, and this is the post, one of the popular posts of the day, see Annex below.

The whole post by one tsarstepan is all just a graphic image of an insect, a what? Here, as described by google, a “long bug with lots of legs” – see for yourselves the post of concern, or click on this link from google:

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiu6mQRiJmkdDAnakWlUlLZeDA51hS9lyXV-wKP_1p9ugZTccegd6Z2tSdOpCNaXdZp7thAcwNDYUEsxhYMDYwSASb40_1UPXJxd31-JTuJRk_1Ue-822yHzcC4QLQwgXeQrdecBlZC22cayAy37Lma9qPTA2OjlpOrkASIfXlGoqXBlSGSA6fq4mz-B0TCcZEIipsnLFdkYE5GTi2Ycnj_14mzEqOYVJ7WPM-wJa5CNEKb56Uzut6X0N05lQ58OTGest9wdEx048bmzDouOcKPljy5W2pqMd5AOlazeoaPg6UothBsZMEXEgW5dtLUAswhd7QEp8UIs

So, what is my critique on this post which is nothing but a graphic image of an insect with plenty of legs?

According to its author: for himself, that insect represents his answer to the question topic of the thread, “Is there anything more evil than this?”

What do I say about that kind of an attitude, calling an insect with plenty of legs to be not anything more evil than that insect with plenty of legs?

I don’t think I have to read the whole thread, for I know already that it is one very silly topic, for it is judging something to be more evil than anything else in existence, but that something has no free will.

Why me not read? Because it is an unprofitable thread altogether, owing to the use by guys there of the word evil, as to apply it to entities which have no free will, unlike us humans, to be more evil than anything else.

That is very unfair to the entity which happens to be like us, a creature of God, which God in concept from yours truly, is in concept first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

On the basis of the three premises I put in the preceding post from me, namely:
1. The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence.
2. Existence is either from oneself or from another.
3. Existence can be in one’s mind and/or also outside one’s mind and independent of one’s mind.

The guys in that thread are not talking or not taking the word evil in its correct definition of evil, but taking it only in an ambiguous figurative sense, namely, evil for them in the context of that thread, is not any kind of moral wickedness like the evil of a serial rapist murderer, but as something that is in a way how humans react to, with fear and loathing; but the thing itself is not to blame, for it has no free will – wherefore it is beyond evil or good, in the proper moral sense of the words/concepts, evil and good.

But that fear and loathing is all psychological in the heart and mind of the guys in that thread.

Outside and independent of their heart and mind, the bug with plenty of legs has ain’t got nothing by which it can be judged to be the more evil than anything else, not of course in the moral and therefore proper sense of the word evil.

If the guys there in that thread want to blame some entity for its to them fearsome and loathsome appearance, then logically they should blame God, for God is the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

Okay, now I will go see if anyone has reacted to my posts of yesterday.

See next post from me.

Annex
Quote:
Forums: Philosophy, Evil, Ugh, So Freaking Evil, Does God Hate Us All
Post: Is there anything more evil than this? • # 6,476,584 • tsarstepan • Wed 2 Aug, 2017 10:49 am
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 02:48 pm
Or this little fellow

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/4e/85/3d/4e853d68a86ec06b4c7d76ba0925c349.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 02:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
Smile

Cat's blood...not surprisingly like Chinese food. One hour after this tick gorged himself he was flat as a pancake and hungry for more.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/0f/91/d3/0f91d3fac1b4e31c8c73e35a473f5556.jpg

God, I hate them!!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 03:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
If you want to see true evil, just look a chicken in the eye.
Susmariosep

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 04:20 pm
@roger,
Roger says: "@tsarstepan,
If you want to see true evil, just look a chicken in the eye."

Caution: be on guard, the chicken might peck your eye with its beak deep to make you blind in one eye.

And a fool will tell you: not to worry, you still have one good eye.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 07:23 pm
There's a creature that crawls into a fish's gills and eats his tongue, eventually living in the fish's mouth and operating as the tongue.

He's a pretty impressive contender for most evil, but Most Evil status goes to the praying mantis. I thought they were the pinnacle of evil when I was a kid, but recent pictures on the net showing mantises murdering hummingbirds and eating their brains confirms my suspicions.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 10:54 am
@Lash,
We beat the **** out of all of those and get to play cute and innocent at the same time...now what could be more "evil" and perverse then us eh?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 10:57 am
(...Frack, we had to invent a saviour God,"reset button", just to keep on "sinning"...)
0 Replies

Susmariosep

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 01:45 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Dear Fil, you say:
Quote:
"@Lash,
We beat the **** out of all of those and get to play cute and innocent at the same time...now what could be more "evil" and perverse then us eh?"

Do you notice at all, that you have now moved from the ambiguous figurative use of the word evil, to the proper correct strict concept of the word evil, which has to do with the moral damnable-ness from the part of entities like us humans, who are endowed with free will.

This thread was into a fun project of folks bringing up insects, just for fun in judging which one is supposed to be nothing more 'evil' than anything else.

Now it has moved from the evil of some insect which has no free will, but because of man's psychology of finding insects to be fearsome and loathsome, mankind applies to them the word evil; but wrongly, because the word evil properly refers to acts of humans who have free will, but employ their free will to undertake acts which are most destructive and deadly of other humans, and/or the natural environment of the animate as also of the inanimate world.

An example of evil would be a human who is a serial rapist murder; if he is not human but an insect, then his action might be only described as fearsome and loathsome, but not evil.
0 Replies