American Dreams

caramel

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 11:26 am
I love this series, just love 60's music. But there is the one thing that is bothering me it's when they take today's pop star to impersonate 60's singers and they remake the songs. I know they do it to attract a younger audience, but I would much prefer if they took an unknown and make him/her lipsync the songs.

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,772 • Replies: 11
No top replies

husker

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 01:09 pm
Great show!
I think it's another artistic slant, you mean on Bandstand right?
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 01:46 pm
Yes
For the singers appearing on American Bandstand. Like on last Sunday Show, don't remember the name of the one doing Dusty Springfield but YIKES...

In the beginning we used to see the original act in black and white, and from afar we saw the standing in color. That was more fun.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 10:15 am
I love the show.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 10:17 am
Reminds me of my after school daze in the late 50s and early 60s.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 11:08 am
I keep missing episodes. darn-it
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 09:52 am
It's on tonight! Very Happy

Don't miss it.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 11:23 am
Why is it a bother that pop stars sing songs of old? Why get an unknown? I think it is fun to see pop singers dress up in those clothes and take on a task of singing like they were another person. It is acting.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 11:49 am
I've not been watching the show - anything good happening?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 12:31 pm
Meg is dating a college student. Will is having a polio surgery. I don't know all their names so it would get confusing if I went on. JJ is going to Vitnam.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 08:57 pm
One of the few TV shows I watch and I love it so far - the featuring of Bandstand is what I think draws me to it. They are moving close to the time when Bandstand moves to LA, I wonder if they will move the show as well. What do you think?
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 09:36 pm
Well actually
JoanneDorel wrote:
One of the few TV shows I watch and I love it so far - the featuring of Bandstand is what I think draws me to it. They are moving close to the time when Bandstand moves to LA, I wonder if they will move the show as well. What do you think?

The show isn't acurate on time frame. American Bandstand moved to Los Angeles in February 1964 and yet we have seen the riot that took place in August 1964 in North Philidelphia.
0 Replies