[closed]Getting Logged Out

timberlandko

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:22 pm
He'll know. And if you don't know whether your IP is static (always the same IP address) or dynamic (changes from time to time, for instance whenever you log off your ISP, or loose your connection, and log back on), odds are way in favor of it bein' dynamic; static is usaually an extra-charge, by-user-specific-request option - useful if you host a website on your 'puter, for instance, since the IP never changes. Browser toolbars would be anything like the A2K toolbar, google toolbar, alexa tool bar - stuff like that, and browser plugins are apps that that extend or enhance the capabilities of your browser; Adobe Reader, MacroMedia Flash, Java, download managers, popup blockers, stuff like that. They're also called "browser helper objects", or BHOs.. BHOs can be useful, but not all are helpful or benign. Here's a frequently updated, searchable list of Currently Listed BHOs - really of interest or use only to yuckware hunters - be patient if you wanna see it; its pretty big and will take a while to load. If yer not into yuckware huntin', it ain't gonna be of much use to ya.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:26 pm
Testing...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:30 pm
Testing again....I was just cut off from the 'net....not A2K, just a different computer.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:31 pm
Ahh, working fine.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:40 pm
AV = anti-virus
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:47 pm
Good catch, mac, and "security/privacy software" also would include, along with firewalls and anti-virus, any anti-yuckware stuff a user might have.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 09:52 pm
Well, a dynamic IP then, probably; no browser toolbars; browser plugins, yeah I'm sure, flash and java, others? No acrobat ... and in terms of anti-yuckware, i've got Ad-aware but i only run it every few months ... not in a while now.

Hope that helps ..
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:59 pm
1 response to the request isn't enough for me to try to identify a pattern (and this kind of issue can have so main reasons that I need substantial data).

Anywho, I put together a code change (when the session table maxes out I set it to dump the oldest guest sessions) that might help, please let me know how things go tomorrow.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:23 am
nimh,

Thanks for the information. The users online figure was particularly important (and particularly impossible for me to guess at).
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 09:58 am
ISP: Not sure. AT&T I think.
ISP type (i.e. dial up etc): T1+
IP type (i.e. static etc): Dynamic
OS (i.e Windows XP, Linux etc): XP Pro
Browser: IE 6
Browser cookie settings: Medium
Browser Toolbars/plugins used: Google
Do you access www.able2know.com or able2know.com: www.able2know.com
Do you check the "remember me" on login: No
Do you browse with multiple windows: Yes
Does the problem occur when you use your back button: Yes and no
How many users are online when you get logged off: Didn't look
How many minutes between page loads is typical for you: <1
What firewall, AV, and internet security/privacy software and settings do you use (some can interfere with internet activity)? Unknown firewall. McAffee Viruscan Enterprise, Ad-Aware SE, Spybot S&D, Pest Patrol.
When did you start seeing this problem? About six months ago
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:26 am
Top-of-the-head stuff here, but I think CdK may be on to somethin' with the users-on-line angle.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 03:22 pm
Still not getting any info to use (even if it is to say the problems ceased) so I'm closing the thread.

I'll lock it so that future instances get their own threads, as the times this kind of thing appear are extra important with transitive issues.

In any case more changes were made (to DNS) that might help.
0 Replies