Important notice to everyone

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 12:14 pm
You might have noticed that I have been making nothing but philosophical hedonistic topics. This is because I am trying to come up with the perfect explanation that conveys my worldview. It is not just some hedonistic worldview. There is something very distinct about it and I am just trying to find a way to convey this. I wish to convey my worldview in such a way that others finally understand me and my views rather than scoffing at me, name calling me, judging me, etc. So, with all of this being said, I do believe I have finally come up with the perfect explanation that conveys my worldview. However, I will need to present it in a separate post/topic since this notice is very important and other people might overlook/ignore it if I were to present a whole bunch of information here.

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 12:32 pm
@MozartLink,
read more de Saade
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 05:43 pm
@MozartLink,
Why is validating your thoughts and opinions so important? Does anybody here really care about other people's "worldview" to the extent that it must be explained to the masses? Just think what you think and be confident in how you feel. If folks give you **** about it...whatever...who cares?
centrox

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2017 03:04 am
@tibbleinparadise,
tibbleinparadise wrote:
Does anybody here really care about other people's "worldview" to the extent that it must be explained to the masses?

In a nutshell... no.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2017 06:42 am
...oooh, looking for validation right? Tell ya what, life's a bitch and we all die solo. Live it, don't spoil it with what others might think!
0 Replies

MozartLink

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:44 pm
@MozartLink,
I am going to express what's on my mind in regards to how I see a depressed life. I will present it in the form of a hypothesis/philosophy as well as a brief explanation:

Hypothesis/Philosophy: Our good moods/feelings (which I define as the states of well being induced by the various feel-good neurotransmitters/chemicals in the brain) are the only things that can give our lives a real perceptual quality (experience) of good value, worth, joy, beauty, love, inspiration, and happiness. A person cannot become perceptually aware of these qualities without his/her good moods/feelings since, again, our good moods/feelings are the perceptual awareness of these qualities. You could, in a way, consider our good moods/feelings to be a divine spiritual light to our lives, so to speak. This divine light engulfs us and puts us in a divine state of awareness where we become truly aware of all those aforementioned qualities.

But when this divine state of conscious awareness is taken away from us, we can no longer experience (become aware) of these qualities of good value, worth, joy, beauty, and happiness in our lives. Now, when I say that these good moods/feelings sustain this perceptual quality of good value/worth in our lives, this perceptual quality is not a thought/outlook at all. As I said before, thoughts/outlooks alone do not give us this perceptual quality in our lives. This means that our good moods/feelings do not have some sort of mind control effect where they force us to perceive through our thinking that our lives have good value/worth to us. Rather, the good moods/feelings themselves are an actual awareness of good value/worth in our lives. Like I said earlier, I metaphorically described it as some sort of divine transcended awareness. When I say awareness, I mean something like sight. Sight is the perceptual awareness of visualizing objects just as how our good moods/feelings are the perceptual awareness of good value/worth in our lives.

Brief Explanation: You see, I do not have these happy chemicals at all during my moments of traumatic induced misery/despair. Nothing I do can produce even the smallest amount of these happy chemicals. This is because my brain is in a completely traumatized state and, thus, all these chemicals are turned off. It is only once I reach a state of full recovery that these chemicals get turned back on, restoring my perceptual experience of good value, worth, joy, and beauty back into my life again. That is where my whole theory/philosophy was getting at. I was saying that it can only be the good moods/feelings (the happy chemical induced states of well being) that can give our lives the perceptual quality of good value/worth. But many people out there say you don't need these happy chemicals and that there are other ways to perceive your life as having good value/worth and happiness to you anyway. Like I said, I disagree with this perceptual standard of good value/worth and happiness. I think it is fake and doesn't give a person's life any real perceptual experience of good value/worth. I instead agree with the "divine light" standard I talked about above (i.e. the good mood/feeling standard).

Thinking and believing that you can see the good value/worth in your life is not the same thing as actually seeing it just as how a blind person thinking and believing he/she can see is not the same thing as actual sight. You need actual sight to see just as how you need your good moods/feelings to truly see the good value/worth in your life. Everything in my life is completely dead, miserable, the worst hell, and insignificant in these miserable states. I do not agree that this is simply a matter of value judgment on my part judging this miserable life as hell, lacking of good value/worth, etc. I truly think it is the feel-good chemicals being restored and my misery recovering that restores my perceptual experience of good value, worth, and happiness in my life just as how a blind person is able to recover and see again. There are, for example, people who have taken antidepressants which have completely wiped out these chemicals. They report that they are in a completely blank state as though a hard drive has been completely wiped clean. From there, friends, family, and others would just give the recommendation to this person that he/she can still perceive good value/worth in his/her life through making the best of things anyway and through judging his/her life as good/worthwhile to him/her anyway. I disagree with this. I think it is all a lie and that we truly need our good moods/feelings.
qqwqy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 01:45 am
@tibbleinparadise,
I think highly of the worldview of my friends. This is the fondation of our friendship.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 02:29 am
This may be a notice, but I don't think it's relevant let alone important.
MozartLink

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 05:30 pm
@izzythepush,
I think people need their good moods/feelings (their feel-good chemical/neurotransmitter induced states of well being) to allow them to perceive (see) the good value, joy, beauty, happiness, love, and worth in their lives. I don't think our way of thinking, our outlooks, actions, and our value judgments alone allow us to truly see these qualities. I don't think we can experience any of these qualities without our good moods/feelings.
tibbleinparadise

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 09:51 pm
@MozartLink,
There ya go, feeling better?
MozartLink

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2017 10:02 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
What do you mean?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 12:59 am
@MozartLink,
That's what you think. I think you'd be better off realising that nobody really cares what you think, like nobody really cares what I think. Just because you find something important doesn't mean anyone else will.
tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:10 pm
@izzythepush,
"Just because you find something important doesn't mean anyone else will"

Wise words and worthy of a meme, now to find just the right picture.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 02:11 pm
@MozartLink,
I was hoping that you felt better with all that off your chest. I didn't read it, but I still hope saying it was cathartic.
0 Replies

Razzleg

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 01:40 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's what you think. I think you'd be better off realising that nobody really cares what you think, like nobody really cares what I think. Just because you find something important doesn't mean anyone else will.

izzythepush wrote:

The OP is on record as being terribly depressed. Your post is just plain nasty. Try being a bit more gentle, or if you can't do that ignore him.

i've liked most of the British people i've had the opportunity to meet, b-t-dubs...
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 04:43 am
@Razzleg,
Do you have any cushions in your house, or have they all been sucked up that big arse of yours?

You're the most anally retentive person I've met. You must be an absolute nightmare to live with

Unlike you I wasn't picking on the OP, just giving him a few home truths.
Razzleg

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 01:56 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Do you have any cushions in your house, or have they all been sucked up that big arse of yours?

You're the most anally retentive person I've met. You must be an absolute nightmare to live with

It's true, i have a hard time keeping pillows properly anchored. And i admit, i frequently fart condensed pellets of synthetic pillow stuffing (we're not quite fancy enough for either feathers or bamboo stuffing). And i think my wife regards me as more of an anxiety dream.

Although, to be fair (to myself, of course), my most recent comment was also the product of a random check in on these boards. i'm not quite that petty...not quite. Just an opportunistic asshole.

izzythepush wrote:
Unlike you I wasn't picking on the OP, just giving him a few home truths.

To that i object. i never picked on the OP. i can be blunt and i can be crass, i am certainly a nag, but i am not a bully. i interacted with the OP quite a bit before you entered the scene, , but i intentionally never bullied him...

You objected when i called the OP a "shitbird", and i got why you thought you objected to the name-calling. If you look back, most of my posts in that thread were critical analyses and pragmatic responses to the OP's nihilism...a few home truths, as it were.

(PS: i just managed to vacuum a king size duvet up my ass, folded. Do i get any points for that? Do you think you should feel bad for suggesting that this is something i do regularly?)

izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 02:17 am
@Razzleg,
A whole week to come up with a response, you're truly the master of the snappy comeback.
Razzleg

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 02:35 am
@izzythepush,
What can i say? It didn't take me a week to think up a response, it just took me a week to find time to respond. Smile

i prefer to think of myself as the master of the slacky comeback (slacker comeback? i dunno, i feel like we're working on rhymes together, slant rhymes at the minimum) ...
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 06:54 pm
@qqwqy,
"fondation" of our friendship. What a great new word, I luv it.