92 integra quit on me while driving , just turned off

92tegra

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:15 am
i was driving to work and everything was fine then the car just shut off . all dash lights where on and i just cruised into a parking lot and parked, car will turn but wont start. i can smell something like circuitry inside the car so im thinking the ecu went bad. i tried to run the ecu for codes and the check engine light didnt flash. so this is my thought on the situation but would like another opion on the matter, thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,212 • Replies: 18
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:17 am
Why not bring her in to a garage? Could it be the alternator?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:21 am
And, just curious, was it rainy when she cut out?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:33 am
Does it have a computer in it? The chip might have blown.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:41 am
Aw, isn't this cute? Women acting like they know what they're talking about.

To the kitchen, women!

Oh, I bet it's your horn that broke. Or the Harvey Wallbanger. You may want to change the summer air out of the tires to winter air.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:44 am
Or mebbe repaint it to a more manyly color, like blue or black.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:45 am
Man you and my brother should go bowling. You're both a$$holes, but funny ones. 'Til my brother got married, he was you, minus the bad suit. Very Happy
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:46 am
Integra? Does it have an overhead cam? If so, the timing belt may have broken. They are prone to failure around 80,000 - 110,000 miles. You've probably got a fuel shut off valve in there, somewhere, that shuts off in a crash, heavy bump, or just when it feels like it.

I can't account for the electrical odor, but the nose is a good indicator.

I don't know what I'm talking about either, but if you make it sound technical enough, you can get by.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:48 am
Celi, bad suit? BAD SUIT? Why you...

I don't get it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 12:50 am
Actually, Slappy was well-dressed the night I met him out. Or, wait, maybe Ceili's bro has the bad suit.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 01:48 am
Well, butter my buns and call me biscuit Slappy, but I'm gonna get my 2 cents in here too. Smile

My own Acura Integra did the exact same thing as yours 92tegra and as Roger suggested, it WAS the timing belt. Just driving along and then nothing. And it wouldn't restart no matter what I tried.. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I just had to say something to get myself out of the kitchen for a few minutes! Smile

Oh Slappy dear...more eggnog for you while I bake you another pie? Razz
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 05:02 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Celi, bad suit? BAD SUIT? Why you...

I don't get it.
bad dr. evil suit, i'm guessing...
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 05:18 pm
I was going to mention the hair, but thought he might be a little sensetive. Serves me right for not following my instincts.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 05:24 pm
Ladyj, eggnog is too fattening. I have to watch my figure....beer, and make it snappy.

Celi, as long as you didn't mention the big scar on my face. You do that, the gloves are off.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 01:26 am
Anchor Steam One Very Special Ale for Christmas work for you or would you prefer the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale this time? Smile
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 04:09 pm
Sierra will do.

Here's your pat on the ass.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 12:58 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Sierra will do.

Here's your pat on the ass.

Oh, you're too good to me, Slappy. Smile
0 Replies

xsmilk

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 07:34 am
92 integra will crank but wont start
did you ever find the problem ?? I my 92 is cranking but not starting i'm looking to see if this is a result of the starter immobilizer or if perhaps a relay or module has gone bad? any insite would be appreciated

thanks xsmilk
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 09:30 am
There used to be a straight circuit direct from ignition switch to coil for starting. The normal run circuit contained a resistor, usally on the firewall, or included in the wiring harness. When the resistor failed, the engine woiuld actually run with the key in the start position, but die as soon as the switch returned to the run position. If this is what is happening, jump from battery to the + side of the coil while someone else cranks. If that makes it run, either replace the resistor, or wire around it. Poor fix, but if the resistor is part of the harness, it is going to be very expensive.

I don't know if they are still using this setup into the '90s or not. It was done this way on the old heavy iron from Detroit.
0 Replies