WA2K Radio is now on the air

McTag

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 08:12 am
A politician's daughter
Was accused of drinking water
And was fined a great big fifty-dollar bill...
They've got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 08:25 am
Good Morning WA2K.

Today's birthdays:

1368 - King Charles VI of France (d. 1422)
1560 - Jan Gruter, Dutch critic (d. 1627)
1596 - Nicolo Amati, Italian violin maker (d. 1684)
1684 - Ludvig Holberg, Norwegian historian and writer (d. 1754)
1755 - Gilbert Stuart, American painter (d. 1828)
1776 - Johann Spurzheim, German neuroscientist (d. 1832)
1826 - George McClellan, U.S. Civil War general (d. 1885)
1838 - Cleveland Abbe, American meteorologist (d. 1916)
1838 - Octavia Hill, British housing and open-space activist (d. 1912)
1842 - Ellen Swallow Richards, American scientist (d. 1911)
1857 - Joseph Conrad, Polish-born British writer (d. 1924)
1883 - Anton Webern, Austrian composer (d. 1945)
1884 - Rajendra Prasad, first President of India (d. 1963)
1886 - Manne Siegbahn, Swedish physicist and Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1978)
1895 - Anna Freud, Austrian-born British psychoanalyst (d. 1982)
1899 - Ikeda Hayato, Prime Minister of Japan (d. 1965)
1900 - Ulrich Inderbinen, Swiss mountain guide (d. 2004)
1900 - Richard Kuhn, Austrian biochemist and Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1967)
1911 - Nino Rota, Italian composer (d. 1979)
1921 - Phyllis Curtin, American soprano
1922 - Sven Nykvist, Swedish cinematographer
1925 - Ferlin Husky, American singer
1925 - Kim Dae-jung, President of South Korea and Nobel Prize laureate
1927 - Andy Williams, American singer
1930 - Jean-Luc Godard, French film director
1931 - Franz Josef Degenhardt, German author and singer
1932 - Corry Brokken, Dutch singer
1933 - Paul J. Crutzen, Dutch chemist and Nobel Prize laureate
1934 - Viktor Gorbatko, Soviet cosmonaut
1937 - Bobby Allison, American race car driver
1942 - Alice Schwarzer, German journalist
1946 - Joop Zoetemelk, Dutch cyclist, World Cycling Champion and Olympic gold medalist
1948 - Ozzy Osbourne, British singer
1949 - John Akii-Bua, Ugandan athlete and Olympic gold medalist (d. 1997)
1949 - Mickey Thomas, American singer (Jefferson Starship)
1951 - Rick Mears, American race car driver
1955 - Steven Culp, American actor
1960 - Daryl Hannah, American actor
1960 - Julianne Moore, American actor
1965 - Steve Harris, American actor
1965 - Katarina Witt, German figure skater, World Figure Skating Champion and Olympic gold medalist
1968 - Brendan Fraser, American actor
1970 - Christian Karembeu, French international footballer and World Cup winner
1979 - Rainbow Sun Francks, Canadian actor
http://www.overturecenter.com/images/performances/AndyWilliams.jpghttp://www.stars2go.com/m/julianne-moore/julianne_moore.jpg
http://www.relaxorium.com/mindspringbs/hmfrasier.jpg
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 08:29 am
I don't like the convention of calling actresses "actors".

We don't do it in this country. I like our way.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 08:31 am
Ok, listeners. What do you want to bet that our McTag is in a cafe.<smile>

What a surprise to find that there is a Casablanca Cafe:

Tomorrow, Friday the 21st of October appearing for the first time in Casablanca Cafe - "MODERN ACOUSTIC BAND"

Members of this band play with popular Polish bands like "Szwagierkolaska", "DAAB", "SWOJĄ DROGĄ" - smooth-jazz projects, ethnic projects, etc.

People who have seen their concerts claim it is not possible to describe the kind of music they play. Their concerts are like traveling through different subjects, music, atmosphere, climate.

This Friday they will present some of their own songs, jazz standards, classic of Polish music and songs from other well known singers like Stanisław Soyka.

Modern Acoustic Band members are:

Grzegorz Rytka - tenor saxophone
Maciej Kierzkowski - guitar
Jan Tylman - mandolin
Mariusz Kozioł - theatre actor, vocals, composer, winner of many contests.

Shocked
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 08:38 am
Ah McT, from reading about India's Albuquerque Fish Quay, it can stay in India. I hope you are taking lots of photos and keeping a travel journal. Yikes, there is a thread about this trip isn't there? I'll have to find it and read up on what the two of you are doing. Hugs and smooches to you and Clary.

Carly Simon has it all over Madonna, at least in the lyrics department, IMO.

Letty, loved the bad boys song. Do you remember Nasty Boys? I'll see if I can find it. I always loved that song because it was popular when my boys were young and I would find frogs in their jeans pockets (after having gone through the wash), etc. Nasty indeed!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 08:40 am
Ugh, didn't realize that Janet Jackson wrote the song. Anyway...

Gimme a beat!

Sittin' in the movie show

Thinkin' nasty thoughts

Better be a gentleman

Or you'll turn me off

That's right, lemme tell it

Chorus:

Nasty, nasty boys, don't mean a thing

Oh you nasty boys

Nasty, nasty boys, don't ever change

Oh you nasty boys

I don't like no nasty girl

I don't like nasty food

The only nasty thing I like

Is a nasty groove

Will this one do?

Uh huh, I know... say...

Repeat chorus

Nasty, nasty boys, gimme a nasty groove

Nasty, nasty boys, lemme see your nasty body move

I could learn to like this, listen up...

I'm not a prude, I just want some respect

So close the door if you want me to respond

Cause privacy is my middle name

My last name is control

No, my first name ain't baby,

It's janet... ms. jackson if you're nasty

Repeat chorus

Nasty boys don't mean a thing

Oh you nasty boys don't mean a thing to me

Nasty... don't mean a thing

Oh you nasty boys

(I like this part)

Hey! who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts? nasty boys!

Who's that in that nasty car? nasty boys!

Who's that eatin' that nasty fruit? nasty boys!

Who's jammin' to my nasty groove? nasty boys!

Ladies? nasty boys don't mean a thing

Oh you nasty boys
janet jackson lyrics
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 08:44 am
Well, there's our Raggedy with her celeb update. Thanks again, PA.

Brendan Frazier is a nice looking man, but I never did think his mummy pictures were all that good except for the FX.

Hey, Diane. I like that bad boy song, as well. I didn't see that particular Bond movie, so I can't comment.

And then, of course, there are a few bad girls out there.

Back later, all, after breakfast.

Now, I am on the right station today, so:

This is cyber space, WA2K radio.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 09:17 am
Okay, fat and full, now, folks, so here is that companion to Diane's Janet.

Nasty Lyrics
by Mis-Teeq

[Intro:]
I'm gonna tell you a little story about this girl we used to know.
She's was a friend and so, I've only got one thing to
say- She's so nasty.

[MC:]
Goes a little sothing like this
hit it

Looked into my eyes as she passed me by.
A smirk on her face as she turned and said hi.
Standing over there, haven't got a clue about style or flair.
Watching my hair, dont go there.
Everytime you see me you stop and stare.

Body language was weak so i turned the cheek.
Hold me back, I'm about to speak
Im about ready gonna call ma peeps.
Listen up its da one misteeq

[Chorus:]
She's a nasty girl
Messing my world
A nasty girl And i said get up on the mic as we rock this beat.
She's a nasty girl
Messing my world
A nasty girl

Our style is unique
Can u take the heat?

She's a fake

Back in the day back when,
I had nothing, you were my best friend
Self seeking scheming
Change when you see a little money roll in

[MC:] Pretentious, devoius
I should have never ever, ever, ever put my trust
Calculating and devious
Or should i say another one bites the dust.

Hold me back, I'm about to speak
Im about ready gonna call ma peeps.
Listen up its da one misteeq

[Chorus]

She was so nasty
She was really really really nasty
Im gonna bring her down
She gonna bring her own self down

Gonna take her to the cleaners
Gonna wash your mouth out

How could you be?
(Shame on you)
So nasty?
(Shame on you girlfriend)
Spreading all your **** around
You just nasty

She's a nasty girl
Messing my world
A nasty girl And i said get up on the mic as we rock this beat.
She's a nasty girl
Messing my world
Hear what i say
A nasty girl

And i said 1-2-3-4
This just ain't the way it goes
Mama never taught you so
This just aint the way you see
Change will come evntually
This just ain't the way it goes
Mama never taught you so
This just aint the way you see
Change will come evntually

She's a nasty girl - come again
Messing my world- say what
A nasty girl- Sing it again and sing out loud
She's a nasty girl (nasty girl)
Messing my world (messing my world)
A nasty girl
Our style is unique
Can you take the heat?
You nasty girl you nasty
You nasty girl
You nasty girl you nasty
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 09:30 am
Well, listeners, going back to Raggedy's celeb update reminds me that McTag from Innocents abroad is our only rep from Europe.

Hmmm. Our Francis must be attending this observation:

Napoleon Fans to Re-Enact 1805 Triumph Fri Dec 2, 3:16 PM ET

SLAVKOV U BRNA, Czech Republic - France's defense minister met with Czech leaders Friday while in the Czech Republic to help commemorate the 200th anniversary of Napoleon's battle of Austerlitz.

"We live in the present, but we always return to the roots of our history," French Defense Minister Michele Alliot-Marie said after meeting her Czech counterpart, Karel Kuehnl, in Prague.

"It is a celebration of the strategy and tactics of the armies that fought there," she said. "It also is a celebration of the wisdom of nations that succeeded in overcoming problems that were dividing them."

Later Friday, Alliot-Marie traveled to Austerlitz, the site of the battle in which Napoleon Bonaparte defeated Russian and Austrian armies in 1805. She laid a wreath at the Zuran Hill from which Napoleon directed the battle.

"We gathered here to remember the event that was both tragic and fascinating in the history of Europe," Alliot-Marie said.

She said that the reconstruction of the battle connected thousands of people who had come from around the world "not to celebrate a war, but to commemorate those who died ... for their countries."

Napoleon enthusiasts planned to re-enact the famous battle Saturday at its original site near Slavkov, known in history books by its German name Austerlitz and located near the Moravian capital of Brno, about 150 miles southeast of Prague.

And our Walter must be with Alice somewhere in Dallas. <smile>
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 09:41 am
We have a newbie in our vast audience, folks, and he wrote a really lovely poem. I am sure he won't mind if we read it here:

Greetings. this is my first time on this site ...was bored at work today and wrote this:

My lover hangs walls of dead roses
stem first- gifts from our
children who know nothing of the dead.
We postpone death, turning the
blind wand right, finding flower food-
every year for the same dead, rust rose.

In my new home, I hang walls of what will be:
My new lover will smell of roses, we will
stitch red blossoms into pot holders, bake
them in potpourri. Weeknights we saute' rose
but speacial nights we flambe'
rose with rose wine.,
and for dessert- crimson creme brulee
served over every curve.
We swear, we would rather die of indulgence
than fight for a flailing petal
or watch a single rose burn.

Isn't that lovely, listeners?
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 10:01 am
Gilbert Stuart
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Gilbert Charles Stuart (né Stewart) (December 3, 1755 - July 9, 1828) was an American painter.

Born in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, he grew up in Newport and was tutored by Cosmo Alexander, a Scottish painter. Stuart moved to Scotland with Alexander in 1771 to finish his studies. His mentor died in Edinburgh the following year. Attempting briefly and without success to earn a living as a painter, he returned to Newport in 1773.

Stuart's prospects as a portraitist were jeopardized by the onset of the American Revolution and its social disruptions. Following the example set by John Singleton Copley, Stuart departed for England in 1775. Unsuccessful at first in pursuit of his vocation, he then became a protegé of Benjamin West, with whom he studied for the next six years. The relationship was a beneficial one, with Stuart exhibiting at the Royal Academy as early as 1777.

By 1782 Stuart had met with success, largely due to acclaim for "The Skater," a portrait of William Grant. At one point the prices for his pictures were exceeded only by those of Joshua Reynolds and Thomas Gainsborough. Despite his many commissions, however, Stuart was habitually neglectful of finances and was in danger of being sent to debtors' prison. In 1787 he fled to Ireland, where he painted and accumulated debt with equal vigor.

Stuart returned to the United States in 1793, settling briefly in New York City. In 1795 he moved to Philadelphia, where he opened a studio. It was here that he would gain, not only a foothold in the art world, but lasting fame with pictures of many important Americans of the day. He painted George Washington in a series of iconic portraits, each of them leading in turn to a demand for copies and keeping Stuart busy and highly paid for years. The most familiar of these likenesses, known as the "Athenaeum Head," is currently on the dollar bill. His most celebrated image of Washington is the oversized portrait hanging in the East Room of the White House. During the burning of Washington by British troops in the War of 1812, this picture was saved through the intervention of First Lady Dolley Madison.

In 1803 Stuart opened a studio in Washington, D. C. By the end of his career he had taken the likenesses of over a thousand American political figures. He was praised for the vitality and naturalness of his portraits, and his subjects found his company agreeable. "Speaking generally," said John Adams, "no penance is like having one's picture done. You must sit in a constrained and unnatural position, which is a trial to the temper. But I should like to sit to Stuart from the first of January to the last of December, for he lets me do just what I please, and keeps me constantly amused by his conversation." Stuart worked without the aid of sketches, beginning directly upon the canvas.

He had moved to Boston in 1805, continuing in critical acclaim and financial troubles. In 1824 he suffered a stroke; in spite of paralysis and gout, he continued to paint. Stuart died in Boston at the age of 72 and is buried there in the Old South Burial Ground.

At present there is some debate as to the identity of the sitter for one of Stuart's unfinished portraits. In 1878 "John Bill Ricketts, the Circus Rider" was identified by George Washington Riggs, a.k.a. "The President's Banker" and trustee for the Corcoran Gallery in Washington, D.C., as "Breschard, the Circus Rider" and as "Breschard" was publicly displayed at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts in 1880. In 1970 the National Gallery of Art changed the identification from "Breschard" to "Ricketts" and to this day the NGA has failed to explain the reason for this identity change. National Gallery of Art

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_Stuart
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 10:10 am
Joseph Conrad

Joseph Conrad (December 3, 1857 - August 3, 1924) was a naturalized British novelist of Polish origin. Some of his works have been labelled romantic, although Conrad's romanticism is tempered with irony and a fine sense of man's capacity for self-deception. Many critics have placed him as a forerunner of modernism.

Conrad was born Józef Konrad Korzeniowski (Nalecz Coat of Arms) in Berdyczów (Berdychiv), then Poland under Russian rule, now Ukraine. His father, an aristocrat, writer, and translator, was arrested by the Russian authorities in Warsaw for his activities in support of the 1863 insurrection, and was exiled to Siberia. His mother died of tuberculosis in 1865, as did his father four years later in Kraków, leaving Conrad orphaned at the age of eleven.

He was placed in the care of his uncle, a more cautious figure than either of his parents, who nevertheless allowed Conrad to travel to Marseille and begin his career as a seaman at the age of 17. Conrad lived an adventurous life, becoming involved in gunrunning and political conspiracy, which he later fictionalized in his novel The Arrow of Gold. In 1878, after a failed attempt at suicide, Conrad took service on his first British ship. He learned English before the age of 21, and gained both his Master Mariner's certificate and British citizenship in 1886. He first arrived in England at the port of Lowestoft, Suffolk, and lived later in London and near Canterbury, Kent.

In 1894 he left the sea to become an English author. His first novel, Almayer's Folly, set on the east coast of Borneo, was published in 1895. The lingua franca of educated Europeans at that time was French, Conrad's second language, and it is remarkable that Conrad could write so fluently and effectively in his third language. Many of his early novels are set on board ships. His novel Nostromo is a panoramic study of revolution in South America, while The Secret Agent and Under Western Eyes are among the first modern novels to treat the subjects of terrorism and espionage.

His literary work bridges the gap between the realist literary tradition of writers such as Charles Dickens and the emergent modernist schools of writing. Interestingly, he despised Dostoevsky, and Russian writers as a rule, possibly due to his political inclinations, making an exception only for Ivan Turgenev. Conrad is now best known for the novella Heart of Darkness, which has been seen as a scathing indictment of colonialism. Chinua Achebe, however, has argued that Conrad's language and imagery is inescapably racist. Some would claim that these can both be true.

Joseph Conrad died of a heart attack, and was interred in Canterbury Cemetery, Canterbury, England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Conrad
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 10:11 am
Well, there's our bio Bob. Only one today, Boston? You must be exhausted from all that karaoke. <smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 10:14 am
Oops, listeners, I spoke too soon. Hmmmm. It seems that Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness inspired a movie.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 10:16 am
Sven Nykvist

Sven Nykvist (born 3 December 1922 in Moheda, Kronobergs län, Sweden) is a Swedish cinematographer known especially for his work with director Ingmar Bergman. His work is generally noted for its naturalistic and simplistic qualities.

Biography

Sven Nykvist, considered by many to be one of the greatest cinematographers of all time, entered the Swedish film industry at the age of 19. In 1941, he became an assistant cameraman. In 1945, at the age of 23, he became a full-fledged cinematographer. He worked on many small Swedish films for the next few years, but it was in 1953 that he worked with the legendary director Ingmar Bergman on Sawdust and Tinsel. He was one of three cinematographers working on that movie. Nykvist would eventually become Bergman's full-time cinematographer and push the director's work in a new direction, away from the theatrical look of his older films.

Throughout the years, Nykvist has won the Academy Award for Best Cinematography for two of his movies, Cries and Whispers (1973), and Fanny and Alexander (1982). He was also nominated for The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988) and The Ox (1991), for Best Foreign Language Film, which he directed.

Selected Filmography

* What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)
* Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
* Chaplin (1992)
* Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989)
* New York Stories (1989) (segment "Oedipus Wrecks")
* The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988)
* Fanny and Alexander (1982) (Fanny och Alexander) (won Academy Award for Best Cinematography)
* From the Life of the Marionettes (1980) (Aus dem Leben der Marionetten)
* Autumn Sonata (1978) (Höstsonaten)
* The Serpent's Egg (1977) (Das Schlangenei)
* The Magic Flute (1975) (Trollflöjten)
* Scenes from a Marriage (1973) (Scener ur ett äktenskap)
* Cries and Whispers (1973) (Viskningar och rop) (won Academy Award for Best Cinematography)
* The Touch (1971) (Beröringen)
* The Passion of Anna (1969) (En Passion)
* Hour of the Wolf (1968) (Vargtimmen)
* Shame (1968) (Skammen)
* Persona (1966)
* Winter Light (1963) (Nattvardsgästerna)
* The Silence (1963) (Tystnaden)
* Through a Glass Darkly (1961) (Såsom i en spegel)
* The Virgin Spring (1960) (Jungfrukällan)
* Sawdust and Tinsel (1953)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven_Nykvist
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 10:51 am
all, right, folks. I do believe our Bob has read all his bio's for today.

Recap:

Didn't Conrad's book inspire a movie?

In looking at Sven Nykvist, folks, I am amazed that he did the cinematography for the movie "What's Eating Gilbert Grape.". Excellent movie and one in which Leonardo DiCaprio did such a great job of acting, that one would never guess it WAS acting.

Now for The Magic Flute. Wish I knew more about that one, folks. All I know is that Mozart did the original.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 10:53 am
Andy Williams

Andy Williams (born Howard Andrew Williams in December 3, 1927) is an American pop singer from Wall Lake, Iowa. He first performed in a children's choir at the local Presbyterian church. Williams and his three older brothers Bob, Dick, and Don, formed a quartet, the Williams Brothers, in the late 1930s, and they performed on radio in the Midwest, first at WHO in Des Moines, Iowa, and later at WLS in Chicago and WLW in Cincinnati. Williams graduated from high school in Cincinnati. They appeared with Bing Crosby on the hit record "Swinging on a Star" (1944). This led to a nightclub act with entertainer Kay Thompson from 1947 to 1951.

Williams's solo career began in 1952 after his brothers left the act. He recorded six sides for RCA's label "X," but none of them were popular hits. After landing a spot as a regular on Steve Allen's Tonight Show in 1955, he was signed to a recording contract with Cadence Records, a small label in New York run by conductor Archie Bleyer. His third single, "Canadian Sunset" (1956) hit the Top Ten, and was soon followed his only Billboard #1 hit, "Butterfly" (a cover of a Charlie Gracie record on which Williams imitated Elvis Presley). More hits followed, including "The Hawaiian Wedding Song," "Are You Sincere," "The Village of St. Bernadette," and "Lonely Street," before Williams moved to Columbia Records in 1961, having moved from New York to Los Angeles. In terms of chart popularity, the Cadence era was Williams's peak although songs he introduced on Columbia became much bigger standards. Two top ten hits from the Cadence era, "Butterfly" and "I Like Your Kind of Love" were apparently believed to not suit Williams's later style; they were not included on a Columbia reissue of his Cadence greatest hits in the 1960s.

During the 1960s, Williams became one of the most popular vocalists in the country and signed what was to that time the biggest recording contract in history. He was primarily an album artist, and at one time he had earned more gold albums than any solo performer except Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley. By 1973 he had earned as many as 17 gold album awards. Among his hit albums from this period were Moon River, Days of Wine and Roses (number one for 16 weeks in mid-1963), The Andy Williams Christmas Album, Dear Heart, The Shadow of Your Smile, Love, Andy, Get Together with Andy Williams, and Love Story. In these recordings Williams displays an incredible vocal technique along with an uncanny ability to make each song his very own, often rivaling or surpassing the version by the original artist. These attributes, along with his natural affinity for the music of the 1960s and early 1970s, combined to make him one of the premier easy listening singers of that era.

Williams forged an indirect collaborative relationship with Henry Mancini, although they never recorded together. Williams was asked to sing Mancini and Johnny Mercer's song "Moon River" at the 1962 Oscar Awards (where it won), and it quickly became Williams's theme song. This was repeated the next year with the pair's "Days of Wine and Roses" (which also won), Mancini's "Dear Heart" at the 1965 awards and "The Sweetheart Tree" (also written with Mercer) at the 1966 awards.

Williams also competed in the teenage-oriented singles market as well and had several charting hits including "Can't Get Used to Losing You," "Happy Heart," and "Where Do I Begin", the theme song from the 1970 blockbuster film, Love Story. Building on his experience with Allen and some short-term variety shows in the 1950s, he became the star of his own weekly television variety show in 1962. This series, The Andy Williams Show, won three Emmy Awards for outstanding variety program. Among his series regulars were the Osmond Brothers. He gave up the variety show in 1971 while it was still popular and retrenched to three specials per year. His Christmas specials, which appeared regularly until 1974 and intermittently from 1982 into the 1990s, were among the most popular of the genre. Williams has recorded eight Christmas albums over the years. He hosted the Grammy Awards for three consecutive years in the 1970s. He returned to television to do a syndicated half-hour series in 1976-77.

In the early 1990s, Williams gave up most of his touring schedule in order to open his own theatre in Branson, Missouri, the Andy Williams Moon River Theater. He continues to do 8-12 shows a week from September to December and occasionally makes tours of Europe earlier in the year.

His 1967 recording of "Music to Watch Girls By" was a surprise U.K. hit in 2003, following closely on the heels of a new duet of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" with British actress and singer Denise Van Outen. Nearly everything Williams ever recorded has now been made available on CD through a series of compilations from 1997 to 2004.

Williams married French chanteuse Claudine Longet in 1961. They had three children together, Noelle, Christian, and Robert, but were divorced in 1975. In 1976 Longet was charged with fatally shooting skier Vladimir "Spider" Sabich and Williams supported her. Williams married a second time in the 1990s to the former Debbie Haas. They make their homes at Branson, Missouri and La Quinta, California. Williams's homes have been featured in Architectural Digest, and he is a noted collector of modern art. Williams is an avid golfer. He hosted a major golf tournament in San Diego for many years, which was known as the Andy Williams San Diego Open during that time.

Williams's birthplace in Wall Lake, Iowa is a tourist attraction open most of the year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Williams

Moon River :: Andy Williams

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're going, I'm going your way

Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waiting ,round the bend
My Huckleberry Friend, Moon River, and me

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're going, I'm going your way

Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after that same rainbow's end, waiting ,round the bend
My Huckleberry Friend, Moon River, and me
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 10:55 am
Conrads book Heart of Darkness more than inspired the film Apocalypse Now.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 11:00 am
Thanks, Bob, for Andy's Moon River. Don't much care for Andy's voice, but I love the lyrics and the melody to the song.

Right, dys. That's the one. Thanks, cowboy. I saw that movie, I think, but as you once remarked about Mystic River, it was too dark for me.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 11:18 am
Let's try something for our staff. I just pined a picture to the bulletin board, and I would like for one of you to match it with one of Bob's bio's

http://darlingdicaprio.4t.com/images/grape01.jpg
0 Replies