bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 11:24 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 11:28 am
Brendan Fraser
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Brendan Fraser (born December 3, 1968 in Indianapolis, Indiana) is a popular Canadian-American actor of Irish Catholic descent.
[edit]

Biography
Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley
Enlarge
Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley

Brendan James Fraser is the son of a foreign service officer for the Canadian Government Office of Tourism and moved often as a child. He lived in Detroit, Seattle, Ottawa, Netherlands and Switzerland. Fraser attended his first professional theatrical performance in London's West End. He began acting at Toronto's Upper Canada College then received his Bachelor of Fine Arts at Seattle's Cornish College of the Arts. He planned on attending graduate school in Texas but stopped in Hollywood on his way and decided to stay. His first film role was in Dogfight (1991) and he has done over 30 movies since. In School Ties (1992), Brendan's costars included Matt Damon, Chris O'Donnell, and Ben Affleck. His breakout role was George of the Jungle (1997).

Fraser married actress Afton Smith on September 27, 1998 and has two sons, Griffin Arthur and Holden Fletcher. He holds dual U.S.-Canadian citizenship and speaks fluent French. Fraser is an accomplished amateur photographer.

Most recently, he has been a guest-star on the American television show Scrubs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Fraser

George of the Jungle

Lyrics & music by Stan Worth and Sheldon Altman

Original Air Dates: 1967 - 1970 (ABC)

George, George, George of the Jungle,
Strong as he can be. (Ahhhhhhhh) Watch out for that tree!

George, George, George of the Jungle,
Lives a life that's free. (Ahhhhhhhh) Watch out for that tree!

When he gets in a scrape, he makes his escape
With the help of his friend, an ape named Ape.

Then away he'll schlep on his elephant Shep
While Fella and Ursula stay in step.

Well . . . George, George, George of the Jungle,
Friend to you and me. Watch out for that . . . tree!
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 11:37 am
My apologies to all. My computer suddenly performed like a snail racing uphill in molasses during a blizzard. I finally shut down to beat it up (the famous black and blue computer period) and I didn't want the poor callers offended by its screams of anguish. We've come to an understanding now. I've agreed to put the whip away and it's promised to perform adequately for several consecutive moments. Sounds fair to me.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 11:40 am
Well, we forgive you, Boston. After we all quit laughing.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 12:20 pm
Hi Letty my love. Yes Bob did karaoke last night. During Thanksgiving dinner my sister Norma told me my niece Liz daughter of brother Jim had called telling her I hadn't shown up in Medway for some time and the regulars were all asking her where I was. So I decided to surprise her and made the 40 mile journey there to sing. Brother Jim and his wife the beautiful Melania had purchased a house and Panama so were not around for the first time during Thanksgiving.

Bob arrives at the Medway Lotus and is himself surprised by the sight of Jim at the mike. So as I picked my jaw up off the floor Liz hurried over for her kiss and hug. She explained there were some social security problems he had to clear up hence the return of the brother.

My first song was Neil Diamond's The Story of my Life which I have found in no other karaoke site but Medway's. I love that song. Jim had stolen Willie Nelson's Always on my Mind so I followed with Billy Joel's Piano Man. Jim's rendition of Dean Martin's That's Amore was well received as was my selection of Ray Price's For the Good Times. There were many more during a comfortable evening among good friends and family. An evening well spent.
0 Replies

Misspatatra

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 12:20 pm
Hello Letty!!
The Pixies pleaseeeeee....Where is my mind??????:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 12:30 pm
Ah, Bob. How delightful. We always love your personal anecdotes about your karaoke experiences, and we always love your choice of songs. Glad that you got to see your friends and get hugs and stuff. Thanks, honey.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 12:35 pm
Welcome back, Misspatatra. Here you go:

PIXIES LYRICS

"Where is My Mind"

Ooooooh - stop

With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
But there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself

Where is my mind [3x]

Way out in the water
See it swimmin'

I was swimmin' in the Carribean
Animals were hiding behind the rocks
Except the little fish
But they told me, he swears
Tryin' to talk to me to me to me

Where is my mind [3x]

Way out in the water
See it swimmin' ?

Your head will collapse
If there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself

Where is my mind [3x]

Ooooh
Ooooh
Ooooh
Ooooh
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 12:57 pm
Breaking news:

Civil rights watchdog to sue CIA over detainee By Chris Baltimore
1 hour, 24 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. civil liberties group says it plans to sue the CIA in the case of a man who alleges he was kidnapped and sent to Afghanistan to be interrogated as a terrorism suspect.

The American Civil Liberties Union, in a release issued on Friday, alleged that "CIA officials at the highest level violated U.S. and universal human rights laws" when CIA agents seized an unidentified man and flew him to a secret prison in Afghanistan near Kabul called the "Salt Pit."

The ACLU said the lawsuit would be the first legal challenge of a practice known as "extraordinary rendition," and will be filed in court on Tuesday. It did not say when or in which country the alleged kidnapping took place.

At a news conference in Washington that day, the man represented by the ACLU will appear and state that CIA-authorized agents abducted, beat and drugged him before sending him to the secret Afghanistan facility, the group said.

The man is innocent, the ACLU said, and was held without notice for an undisclosed time before being released without ever being charged of a crime. An ACLU spokesman declined to give additional details about the case or the plaintiff.

The ACLU said the lawsuit will also involve unidentified companies that owned and operated airplanes used to transport the plaintiff.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is expected to respond to concerns from the European Union about prisoner treatment next week before leaving for a European visit.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:01 pm
Not really that much of a newsflash, Letty. The ACLU files frivolous lawsuits every day.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:07 pm
Tico, don't you think that people's civil rights need to be protected? We are rather small, no matter where we live, when we're up against an entire agency, my friend.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:10 pm
Sure. I didn't say this is a frivolous lawsuit, just that they file a lot of them. Maybe this one is meritorious ... maybe it isn't.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:12 pm
letty

He thinks they are commies. Perhaps even homosexuals. Or the bastard children of some satanicly profane pairing of those two... liberals.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:15 pm
blatham wrote:
letty

He thinks they are commies. Perhaps even homosexuals. Or the bastard children of some satanicly profane pairing of those two... liberals.

They might not all be homosexuals. Don't be so melodramatic.

But, yeah, I'm pretty sure they're all commies.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:17 pm
Well, listeners. I know zilch about the ACLU, but I suspect that we need it around just in case.

Hey, blatham. Great seeing you back in our studio, dear.

Would you like to request a song for your honey? <smile> You know, the female one. Laughing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss Letty, if they start to torture me, I'll tell 'em where my mother lives:

Frank Fuller.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:20 pm
A song. Fine idea indeed. Let's dedicate this one to tico, who's just been writing a little valentine to Clinton's penis elsewhere.

"There's a Red Wind Over Alberta" by T. Douglas.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:24 pm
Oh, my God. You guys are funny. Hey, how about this one to your honey, Bernie?

Artist: The Animals Lyrics
Song: Let the Good Times Roll Lyrics

Come on baby, let the good times roll
Come on baby, let me thrill your soul
Come on baby, let the good times roll, roll all night long

Oh baby, feel so good when you're home
Come on baby, rock me all night long

Come on baby, let's close the door
Come on baby, let's rock some more

Come on baby, let's close the door
Come on honey, let's rock some more

Oh baby, feel so good when you're home
Come on baby, rock me all night long

Come on baby, let the good times roll
Come on baby, let me thrill your soul

How's that. <smile>
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:31 pm
I feel the need to clarify that it was a tribute to Clinton's cigar, not some other appendage.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:34 pm
Oh sure it was.
0 Replies