WA2K Radio is now on the air

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:20 am
Piffka, Your astrology for Cancer, "Cancer -- It doesn't matter, you'll be staying home" has got to be way off the mark. I thus protest. LOL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:23 am
Ceili, Am I glad to see you! Long time no see, and I really missed you. Please don't do the disappearing act again.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:25 am
-puts out "caution- wet floor" signs as he just got done mopping the hall way and mumbles- I heard someone is sleeping with Joe Nation
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:35 am
Okay, let's get started.

Letty, could you pass around the Palm Pilots for everyone? Thanks for the good idea, Joe. I'll be counting on you for more good ideas in the coming weeks. More about that later.

Alright, let's review our personnel situation...

We have three DJ shifts here at WA2K. Letty, who is also one of our Station Owners, has been doing an admirable job as our Lead DJ holding down the Morning shift and training the new hires.

<applause all around>

Ceili has brought some creative ideas to her Evening shift, too. A nice mix of standards, new wave and commentary. Good job, Ceili.

<applause all around>

Colorbook & Seed's "Music for Lovers" has been enormously popular with our Late Night listeners. We've actually had a modest increase in ad sales during this time slot, which is unusual for a new station. Tip 'o' the hat to you two.

<applause all around>

Our Lifestyle segments are shaping up nicely. C.I. is our Medical correspondent, Cav is ably handling Fine Dining, Noddy's new "Book Beat" segment is almost ready to go on-air, and Raggedy's Celebrity-of-the-Day entertainment feature is a great addition. Kudos to all of you.

<applause all around>

Now, we have one little personnel matter to settle. I received a memo from Eoe saying we need to clarify who is handling Fashion. I'm making an executive decision here: Eoe, assisted by PortalStar, will cover Women's Fashion, and The Prince will handle Men's Fashion. I trust this settles the matter.

Our mid-afternoon talk radio segment is generating a lot of calls. Realjohnboy's "Curmudgeon's Corner" is attracting an entirely different set of listeners, and they're unafraid to speak their minds. RJB may need some help handling these calls.

Now, about the Research Department. Phoenix and Husker have been furiously researching everything that goes on-air, ferreting out unnamed sources, correcting typos, and getting copyright permissions. This is entirely too big a job for two people. Henceforth, all reporters will be expected to research their own material. We will not put up with second-rate journalists here at A2K. <scowl> Phoenix and Husker, keep an eye on this, okay?

It's time to talk about money, people. According to our accountant, Roger, our advertising revenue is insufficient to pay salaries at this point. This is unacceptable. We need some good ad reps. I'm putting in a call to Slappy Doo Hoo today. Does anyone else have any good contacts here?

As to our News broadcasts...we're looking for a good sports commentator. We need someone immediately. Piffka's Astrological Weather is certainly a novel idea, and it holds much promise. As far as our hard news goes, we're in need of a few more foreign correspondents. We have Urs in Germany, Cav in Canada, and plenty of American sources, but we need reporters from England, Australia and elsewhere.

<Aide delivers note to Eva> Thank you.

Which brings me to an important announcement.

I have just received confirmation from the United Nations. Beginning immediately, we have received permission to broadcast around the entire world via a link with the International Space Station. Our signal will be uploaded via satellite and sent into homes and businesses as far away as Tucumcari and Timbuktu. This will ease restrictions on the station from individual governments. I'm sure you will celebrate with me when I tell you that we will no longer be required to follow FCC standards.

This is a red letter day here at WA2K.

Office Party at 3 p.m.!

Oh...one last thing.

Managing an international radio station is apt to turn into a bigger job than I can handle alone. I am going to need an Assistant Station Manager. Someone with a good grasp of news, lifestyle subjects, politics and the radio business. Someone who can both speak and write well, watch costs, and who is respected by the entire staff. There is one person who I feel is especially suited to this job. I am happy to announce that I am promoting Joe Nation to Asst. Station Manager. Congratulations, Joe. I look forward to working with you.

Alright everyone, back to work...

Seed, can you clean up the napkins and trash for us? Thank you.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:52 am
-tips his hat and cleans the area. Thinking about what to play tonight on air.- Anyone seen my better half Colorbook?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:56 am
Wow, Eva. You are definitely in your milieu here. We need lightwizard to handle the cinema reviews.

I can't get those Brits interested in films but I do have a quick review on an upcoming remake airing Dec. 22 in an A2K theater near you.

The Flight of the Phoenix starring Dennis Quaid is the reconstituted version of the following Jimmy Stewart oldie. I'm betting that it will NOT be the film that the original was, although I'm certain that the FX will be spectacular:

http://www.jimmy.org/cgi-bin/showtime.cgi?id=tfotp

er, Seed. You're a gossip columnist disguised as a janitor, right? Can't wait to see what your juicy news will be.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 12:41 pm
This one is posted for all the fans of this radio station. doc cicerone.
A Japanese research firm has found that excessive computer use can cause glaucoma. It is recommended that computer use be limited. If you must spend long hours on the computer, they suggest that you look away from the computer screen to look at other objects at different distance from your computer screen on a regular basis. It's best to walk away from your computer to do other things at regular intervals.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 12:56 pm
That makes sense CI
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 12:58 pm
In response to the doctor's medical report:

Marajuana for medical use is being tested in several states. One of the medical uses for the plant is in the treatment of glaucoma as well as for those in great pain and undergoing chemo therapy.

Follows up with song:

One Toke Over The Line
Brewer & Shipley

One toke over the line sweet Jesus
One toke over the line
Sittin' downtown in a railway station
One toke over the line

Awaitin' for the train that goes home, sweet Mary
Hopin' that the train is on time
One toke over the line

Whoooo do you love, I hope it's me
I've bin a changin', as you can plainly see
I felt the joy and I learned about the pain that my momma said
If I should choose to make a part of me, surely strike me dead
Now I'm one toke over the line sweet Jesus
One toke over the line
One toke over the line

I'm waitin' for the train that goes home sweet Mary
Hopin' that the train is on time
One toke over the line

I bin away a country mile,
Now I'm returnin' showin' off a smile
I met all the girls and loved myself a few
Ended by surprise like everything else I've been through
It opened up my eyes and now I'm
One toke over the line

Don't you just know I waitin' for the train that goes home sweet Mary Hopin' that the train is on time
One toke over the line

Don't you just know I waitin' for the train that goes home sweet Mary Hopin' that the train is on time
One toke over the line

I want to be
One toke over the line
One toke over the line

One toke over the line
One toke over line
One toke, one toke over the line

The FCC ruled that no DJ could play songs alluding to drugs. My husband thought that the lyrics said, One toe over the line, so he played it thinking that it was spiritual in nature. Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:00 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Piffka, Your astrology for Cancer, "Cancer -- It doesn't matter, you'll be staying home" has got to be way off the mark. I thus protest. LOL

Whadya mean? Aren't you home right now?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:01 pm
Man that brings back some sweet memories.

Tarkiooooooooooo Roadddddddd
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:04 pm
Quote:
My husband thought that the lyrics said, One toe over the line....
Quote:

Me too (until just now). I'm a font of misheard lyrics.

Jane, Jane, Jane..... Jane's a fool!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:21 pm
I see; for today. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:33 pm
Letty, this station has dragged in everyone!
You´ll be needing at least 4 hours of on-air watusi dancing; so I´ll put my hands up for that.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:36 pm
Letty
Letty, I think your station needs a book reviewer and I apply for the position.

I can start out by reviewing some of the books in my huge library of thousands of books as well as new books.

BBB
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:42 pm
Hoorah. Our man in Denmark. Go hebba. Maybe you can teach Setanta so that ehBeth can have a watusi dancing giant. Laughing

Ok, Panz. You and Bon Jovi, a call in request from some mysterious woman in Cocoa Beach:

Tokio Road Lyrics
Bon Jovi

Tokio Road
Bon Jovi
(7800 Degrees Fahrenheit)

In a time, in a place
In a world, they forgot
Lives the heart of me
A part that just won't die
Just a boy, not a man
Sent to war, in a land
They said we'd fight for their freedom
But I felt like a hired hand

Sometimes I have to find my way
Sometimes I have to get away

[Chorus]
Take me back to Tokyo Road
Take me back to Tokyo Road

Working hard, for a pass
Got the night, make it last
It was a time to remember
All my life I would never forget
In a bar, breathing smoke
Snorting whiskey, drinking coke
It was a time when no one would die
And there wasn't a care

Sometimes I wish it was that way
Cause sometimes I have to get away

[Chorus]

This guy turns me around and he's pointing up the stairs
I found myself in her doorway but there wasn't anybody there
She walked in the room with nothing on but a red light
And with a smile she got so close to me.
She whispered something 'bout midnight
You know I didn't understand a word she said
But it felt so good
She knew that I didn't have any money
But baby I knew she would...

[Chorus]

C.I. You're still the eyes and ears of the world.

Smile Smile Smile Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:48 pm
Checking your eyesight. If you look at this graph long enough, you should see a giraffe. If not, make an appointment with an eye doctor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/image.gif
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:49 pm
you scamp
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:50 pm
BBB. Fantastic. You're hired and your credentials are Mavalous.

Special request by Asherman for BBB.

If they ask me I could write a book,
About the way you talk and listen and look.
I could write a sonnet on how we met that the world would never forget.

And the simple secret of the plot,
Is Just to tell you that I love you a lot.
And the world discovers,
As my book ends,
How to make two lovers of friends. (uhoh)

Did that one from memory.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 01:56 pm
I saw it...I saw it....the longed neck scamp saw it.
0 Replies