WA2K Radio is now on the air

Letty

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 09:28 am
WOW! I didn't know any of that stuff, honey. We do learn here on our wee radio, no? Thanks, PA.

How about a song for all the ordinary people out there, and the single one among them, listeners:

In this world of ordinary people
Extraordinary people
I'm glad there is you

In this world of over-rated pleasures
Of under-rated treasures
I'm so glad there is you

I live to love, I love to live with you beside me
This role so new, I'll muddle through with you to guide me

In this world where many, many play at love
And hardly any stay in love
I'm glad there is you

More than ever, I'm glad there is you
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 12:03 pm
Good morning WA2K people. What a lovely day, talk about…

SEASONS IN THE SUN
FORTUNES Lyrics

Goodbye Emil, my trusted friend
We've known each other since we were nine or ten
Together we climbed hills and trees
Learned of love and ABC's
Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees

Goodbye Emil, it's hard to die
When all the bird's are singing in the sky
Now that the spring is in the air
Pretty girls are everywhere
I wish we could both be there

We had joy, we had fun
We had seasons in the sun
But the hills we could climb
Were just seasons out of time

Goodbye Papa, please pray for me
I was the black sheep of the family
You tried to show me right from wrong
But too much wine and too much song
I wonder how I got along

Goodbye Papa, it's hard to die
When all the bird's are singing in the sky
Now that the spring is in the air
Little kids are everywhere
Think of me and I'll be there

We had joy, we had fun

We had joy, we had fun

Goodbye Francoise, my trusted wife
Without you I'd had a lonely life
You cheated lots of times with them
But I forgave you in the end
Though your lover was my friend

We had joy, we had fun

All our lifes we had fun
But the hills we used to climb

We had joy, we had fun

All our lifes we had fun

All our lifes we had fun
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 12:24 pm
My word, Try. How many folks have done that song. I see that you have most of them rolled into one, buddy. Thanks for the reminder.

Let's see, folks. Gilbert O Sullivan did it; Jacques Brel did it; and now we see that Fortunes did it as well.

Well, if it's a sad song day, how about this one from Wayne of Roanoke, Virginia:

The love between the two of us was dying
And it got so bad I knew I had to leave
But halfway down that highway when I turned around I saw
My little daughter running after me
Crying

Daddy, don't you walk so fast
Daddy, slow down some 'cause you're makin' me run

Now, it broke my heart to tell my little daughter
That her daddy had to run to catch a train
She had no way of knowin' I was leavin' home for good
I turned around and there she was again
As she said to me

If only for the sake of my sweet daughter
I just had to turn back home right there and then
And try to start a new life with the mother of my child
I couldn't bear to hear those words again
She cried and said

(My daughter cried)

Oh, daddy, don't you walk so fast
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 04:55 pm
Ok, listeners, et al. Your PD has a question. All day long on our sweetheart TV station, AMC was running the oldies. One was Pal Joey, and in searching out the review, I found this guy for whom I ghost wrote. Razz

http://www.dvdmg.com/paljoey.shtml

I mention this because another film had to do with a man who was obsessed with Sinatra, and sang him, via lip sync. I only got to watch a part of it, and I am wondering if anyone out there saw it today. It was of the suspense genre.

Well, let's listen to one from Pal Joey, and this one has been done by lots of vocalists as well:

Frank Sinatra
The Lady Is A Tramp

She gets too hungry for dinner at eight.
She like the theatre and never comes late.
She never bothers with people she hates.
That's why the lady is a tramp.
Doens't like crapgames with barons or earls.
Won't go to Harlem in ermine and pearls.
Won't dish the dirt with the rest of the girls.
She like the free fresh wind in her hair, life without care.
She?s broke and it's oke.
Hates California, it's cold and it's damp.
That?s why the lady is a tramp.
She gets too hungry to wait for dinner at eight.
She loves the theatre, but never comes late.
She'd never bother with people she'd hate.
She'll have no crapgames with sharpies and frogs.
And she won't go to Harlem in Lincolns or Fords.
And she won't dish the dirt with the rest of the broads.
She loves the free fresh wind in her hair,
life without care. She's broke but it's oke.
Hates California, it's so cold and so damp.
That's why the lady. that's why the lady,
that's why the lady is a tramp.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 06:32 pm
Sinatra
Sky Fell Down

The sky fell down when I met you,
The green of the countryside has turned to blue,
I had the moon right on my fingertips,
And when first we kissed, there were stars on your lips.
To be with you just made it seem
That walking on snowy clouds was not a dream,
You gave to me all this and heaven too,
When the sky fell down and I met you.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 06:43 pm
Hey, edgar. Never heard that one, but I finally found that movie on AMC, Texas.

"Strictly Sinatra"

Never heard of the movie or one single person in the cast:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0219327/

And the picture of Ian:

http://www.screenselect.co.uk/images/products/screenshots/0/7290-4-large.jpg
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 08:07 pm
Dialing in to say thanks, Letty. I will ask beth to share that picture.

G'night.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 08:17 pm
Goodnight, Joe, and I am saying good night as well.

From Letty with love.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 08:43 am
Good morning, WA2K listeners and contributors. Shall we begin with a November song?

November Rain by Guns 'n Roses

When I look into your eyes
I can see a love restrained
But darlin' when I hold you
Don't you know I feel the same
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain
But lovers always come and lovers always go
An no one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away
If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine
So if you want to love me
then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain

Do you need some time...on your own
Do you need some time...all alone
Everybody needs some time...on their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone
I know it's hard to keep an open heart
When even friends seem out to harm you
But if you could heal a broken heart
Wouldn't time be out to charm you

Sometimes I need some time...on my
own Sometimes I need some time...all alone
Everybody needs some time...on their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone

And when your fears subside
And shadows still remain, ohhh yeahhh
I know that you can love me
When there's no one left to blame
So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain

Don't ya think that you need somebody
Don't ya think that you need someone
Everybody needs somebody
You're not the only one
You're not the only one
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 09:42 am
And a cold wind's a blowin' here in PA.

A good morning to all with some pictures for the gallery:

Remembering:

http://www.spaghettiwesterns.com.ar/CharlesBronson.JPG

and a Happy 58th to Lulu; 54th to Roseanne; 53rd to Kate Capshaw and 57th to Dolph Lundgren.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/images/2004-06/lulu_2.jpghttp://www.vh1.com/sitewide/promoimages/movie_people/b/barr_roseanne/150x223.jpghttp://www.nndb.com/people/300/000025225/kate-capshaw.jpg
http://oppetarkiv.blogg.se/images/dolphlundgren4_1143323050.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:03 am
Hey, Raggedy. Great and colorful collage, PA. Let's see now, folks:

There's Charles of the death wish; Lulu (is she the one that sang To Sir with Love?); Roseanne; Kate, and Dolph.

Heard from our hawkman, but he is having difficulty reading his background material because he is a little "horse" and cannot "hawk" his material. Razz

Ah, yes, Lulu it is:

Those schoolgirl days of telling tales
and biting nails are gone.
But in my mind I know they will still
live on and on. But how do
you thank someone who has taken you from
crayons to perfume?
It isn't easy, but I'll try.

If you wanted the sky I would write
across the sky in letters
that would soar a thousand feet high,
'To Sir, With Love'.
The time has come for closing books and
long last looks must end.
And as I leave I know that I am leaving
my best friend. A friend
who taught me right from wrong and
weak from strong, that's a lot to
learn. What what can I give you in return?
If you wanted the moon I would
try to make a start.
But I would rather you let me give my heart
To sir with love
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:39 am
Charles Bronson
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Birth name Charles Dennis Buchinsky
Born 3 November 1921
Ehrenfeld, Pennsylvania, USA
Died 30 August 2003

Charles Bronson (November 3, 1921 - August 30, 2003) was an American actor of "tough guy" roles. In most of his roles he starred as a brutal police detective, a western gunfighter, vigilante, boxer or a Mafia hitman.

Biography

Early life

Bronson was born as Charles Dennis Buchinsky in the notorious Ehrenfeld, Pennsylvania coal mining neighborhood of Scooptown part of the Pittsburgh Tri-State area. He was one of 15 children born to a Lithuanian immigrant father of Tatar ancestry, and a Lithuanian-American mother. [1]

Bronson's father died when he was only 10, and he went down to the coalmines like his older brothers until he was drafted. He earned $1 per ton of coal mined. His family was so poor that, at one time, he had reportedly been forced to wear his sister's dress to school because he had no other clothes (see [2]). This story has also been repeated in Celebrity Setbacks: 800 Stars who Overcame the Odds by Ed Lucaire (ISBN 0-671-85031-8) and in an edition of Ripley's Believe It or Not!. In 1943, Bronson signed up for the United States Army Air Forces and served in the Pacific theater as a tail gunner onboard 39th Bombardment Group B-29 bombers. [3] [4]

Bronson was a descendant of the Lipka Tatars of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth which caused many people to think that he looked like a Chicano or Mexican-American who was a Mestizo (mixture of Spanish and Indian ancestry). Thus, due to his looks Bronson sometimes played characters who were Mexican or who were part-Indian.[5]

Acting career

After the war, he decided to pursue acting, not from any love of the subject, but rather, because he was impressed with the amount of money that he could potentially make in the business. Bronson was roommates with Jack Klugman, another starving actor at the time. Klugman later said of Bronson that he was good at ironing clothes.

During the McCarthy hearings he changed his surname to Bronson as Slavic-sounding names were suspect, taking his inspiration from the Bronson Gate at Paramount Studios, situated on the corner of Melrose Ave. and Bronson St. One of his earliest screen appearances under his new name was as Vincent Price's henchman in the 1953 horror classic House of Wax.

Bronson made several appearances on television in the 1950s and 1960s, including three leading roles on Alfred Hitchcock Presents in the episodes "And So Died Riabouchinska" (1956), "There Was an Old Woman" (1956), and "The Woman Who Wanted to Live" (1962); he also starred alongside Elizabeth Montgomery in The Twilight Zone episode "Two" (1961).

From 1958 to 1960, Bronson starred in the ABC detective series Man With A Camera. Bronson portrayed 'Mike Kovac', a former combat photographer, free-lancing in New York City. Frequently, Bronson's character was involved in assignments for the Police Department, which commonly put Bronson's character in danger. A number of the series episodes, which were all in black and white, are now available on DVD. Also on ABC, Bronson gained attention in 1963 in the role of Linc, the stubborn wagonmaster in the TV western The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters, which also starred twelve-year-old Kurt Russell.

Although he began his career in the United States, Bronson first made a serious name for himself acting in European films. He became quite famous on that continent, and was known by two nicknames: The Italians called him "Il Brutto" ("The Ugly One") and to the French he was known as "le sacré monstre," "sacred monster."

Even though he was not yet a headliner in America, his overseas fame earned him a 1971 Golden Globe as the "Most Popular Actor in the World." That same year, he wondered if he was "too masculine" to ever become a star in the United States.

Bronson's most famous films include The Great Escape (1963), in which he played Danny Velinski, a prisoner of war nicknamed "The Tunnel King", and The Dirty Dozen, (1967) in which he played an Army death row convict conscripted into a World War II suicide mission.

In the westerns The Magnificent Seven (1960) and the Sergio Leone epic Once Upon a Time in the West, (1968) he played heroic gunfighters, taking up the cause of the defenseless. Sergio Leone once called him "the greatest actor I ever worked with." Leone had wanted Bronson for all three of what became known as the "Man with No Name" trilogy, but Bronson turned him down each time. In Hard Times (1975), he played a street fighter making his living in illegal boxing matches in Louisiana.

He is also remembered for Death Wish (1974) which spawned several sequels (also starring Bronson), In Death Wish he played Paul Kersey, a successful New York architect, a liberal until his wife (played by Hope Lange) was murdered and his daughter raped. Kersey became a crime-fighting vigilante by night, a highly controversial role, as his executions were cheered by crime-weary audiences. After the famous 1984 case of Bernhard Goetz, the actor recommended that people not imitate his character.

During the 1980s, Bronson made numerous films with Cannon Films. Ultra-violent films such as Messenger Of Death and 10 To Midnight were blasted by critics but provided Bronson with good paying work throughout the 80s. Bronson made his last film with Cannon in 1989 in the shape of the sadistic Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects.

Bronson was married to British actress Jill Ireland from 1968 until her death from breast cancer at age 54 in 1990. She was his second wife. He met her when she was still married to British actor David McCallum. At the time, Bronson (who shared the screen with McCallum in The Great Escape) reportedly told McCallum: "I'm going to marry your wife." Two years later, Bronson indeed married Jill, and they were very happy together until her death in 1990.

On August 30, 2003 Bronson died of pneumonia while suffering from Alzheimer's disease at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, aged 81. He had been in poor health since undergoing hip replacement surgery in August 1998.

At the time of his death, he was survived by his wife Kim, three children, two stepchildren and two grandchildren. A third stepson, Jason McCallum Bronson, preceded him in death after succumbing to a drug overdose in 1985.

Trivia

Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo is named for Charles Bronson. [6]
He was frequently spoofed on The Simpsons, both by name and by character.
The Canadian thrash metal band Razor dedicated their 1988 album Violent Restitution to Charles Bronson.
Minneapolis rapper P.O.S.'s album Audition is also dedicated to Charles Bronson. He and some of movies are mentioned in several of the songs.
In Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs, Bronson is mentioned twice, first by Mr. Brown during his discourse on Madonna, and again later in the film, when Mr. White and Mr. Orange are reviewing the plans for the robbery. He is received "Special Thanks" from in the end credits of Kill Bill Volume 2.
The Thrash band Charles Bronson was named after Bronson.
Bronson is referenced in a NOFX song titled "Punk Song".
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:43 am
Monica Vitti

Monica Vitti (born Maria Luisa Ceciarelli, 3 November 1931, Rome) is an Italian actress noted for her frosty expressiveness and starring roles in films by Michelangelo Antonioni.

Training and early career

While a teenager she acted in amateur productions, then trained as an actor at Rome's National Academy of Dramatic Arts and at Pitman's, where she played a teen in a charity performance of Niccodemi's La Nemica. She toured Germany with an Italian acting troupe and her first stage appearance in Rome was for a production of Machiavelli's La Mandragora. Vitti's first film role was in Ettore Scola's Ridere Ridere Ridere (1954). In 1957 she joined Michelangelo Antonioni's Teatro Nuovo di Milano, later playing a leading role in his award winning, existentialist landmark film L'avventura (1960) as a detached and cool protagonist drifting into a relationship with her best friend's lover. With a screen presence that has been described as "stunning", Vitti is also credited with helping Antonioni raise money for the production and sticking with him through its difficult location shooting. She later received critical praise for starring roles in other Antonioni films including La notte, L'eclisse, and Il deserto rosso. Her only Hollywood effort was Modesty Blaise, a mod James Bond spoof with Terence Stamp (1966) which was a critical and commercial disappointment and included a rather infamous musical number; Vitti played the title character.

Later career

Vitti's later movie appearances have mostly been in Italian films without international distribution. Notable exceptions include Luis Buñuel's Fantôme de la liberté (1974). In 1980 she was reunited with Antonioni after 15 years in his The Mystery of Oberwald. In 1989 she wrote, directed and starred in Scandalo Segreto. Her image later appeared on an Italian postage stamp commemorating L'avventura. In 1993 Vitti was awarded the Festival Tribute at the Créteil International Women's Film Festival in France. She married Roberto Russo in 1995.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:47 am
Ken Berry

Kenneth Ronald Berry (born November 3, 1933 in Moline, Illinois) is an American actor, comedian, and dancer. Berry started his entertainment career as a featured performer and singer in the Billy Barnes Revues of the 1950s and 60s, along with his future wife Jackie Joseph. Berry, Dan Dailey, and Buddy Ebsen began their carreers as dancers who later starred in 1960s sitcoms. Having gotten his big TV break on an episode of "The Dick Van Dyke Show" (Ann Morgan Guilbert, who played Millie Helper, was a Billy Barnes Revue alum), Berry became known for portraying the television characters of: Captain Wilton Parmenter on F Troop, Sam Jones on Mayberry R.F.D., and Vinton Harper on Mama's Family.

Berry's grace and agility allowed him to do choreographed pratt falls over hitching posts, swords, and trash cans while playing the accident prone Captain Parmenter. From 1968-71, he was the head resident of "Mayberry RFD", having taken over for Andy Griffith. In 1973, Berry had his own special, The Ken Berry 'Wow' Show. That same year, Sherwood Schwartz had written a Brady Bunch spin-off ("Kelly's Kids") featuring Berry as the adoptive dad of three diverse boys (white, black and Asian). While the pilot failed to excite ABC network brass, the concept was revisited in "Different Strokes", and "Webster". As a favorite guest on The Carol Burnett Show in the 1970s, Berry was chosen to star in the series spin-off, featuring the dysfunctional Harper family.

Series writers would showcase his dancing talents in storylines that involved church revues and community talent shows. On a 1970 "Mayberry RFD" installment, he and RFD costar (acclaimed Broadway hoofer Paul Hartman) shared the stage in a soft shoe dance routine. He was also center stage at the Bigger Jigger Pub's amateur night on "Mama's Family". In a flashback episode on The Golden Girls, he appeared as Rose Nylund's (Betty White's) teenage sweetheart Thor Anderson.

His film credits include the Disney motion pictures Herbie Rides Again and The Cat from Outer Space.

After "Mama's Family" ended, Berry continued to perform/tour for a few more years in stage shows such as "George M". He was married to actress Jackie Joseph from May 29, 1960 until 1977, with whom he adopted two children.

Trivia

Berry's army sergeant was Leonard Nimoy, who urged the performer to move to California for auditions.
Berry, along with Dan Dailey ("The Governor and JJ"), and Buddy Ebsen ("The Beverly Hillbillies") began their careers as dancers and went on to star in 1960s sitcoms.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:51 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:55 am
Kate Capshaw

Kate Capshaw (born November 3, 1953) is an American actress.

She was born Kathleen Sue Nail in Fort Worth, Texas and moved to St. Louis, Missouri at the age of five. She attended The University of Missouri, Columbia earning a degree in education. She taught Special Education at Rock Bridge High School, but later moved to New York to pursue her dream of acting, landing her first role on the soap opera The Edge of Night.

Kate took the surname Capshaw upon her marriage to Robert Capshaw; they had one child, actress Jessica Capshaw, and eventually divorced.

Capshaw met film director Steven Spielberg upon winning the female lead (from a pool of 120 actresses) for the Raiders of the Lost Ark prequel, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom; although the film was a success, Capshaw's performance as the often shrieking heroine was widely panned and, in the opinion of many, had a very negative impact on her career and reputation, preventing her from acquiring more prestigious roles.

Capshaw converted to Judaism so she could wed the Jewish-American director Steven Spielberg on October 12, 1991; they have three children together biologically, and two adopted children
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 11:59 am
Kate Capshaw

Kate Capshaw (born November 3, 1953) is an American actress.

She was born Kathleen Sue Nail in Fort Worth, Texas and moved to St. Louis, Missouri at the age of five. She attended The University of Missouri, Columbia earning a degree in education. She taught Special Education at Rock Bridge High School, but later moved to New York to pursue her dream of acting, landing her first role on the soap opera The Edge of Night.

Kate took the surname Capshaw upon her marriage to Robert Capshaw; they had one child, actress Jessica Capshaw, and eventually divorced.

Capshaw met film director Steven Spielberg upon winning the female lead (from a pool of 120 actresses) for the Raiders of the Lost Ark prequel, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom; although the film was a success, Capshaw's performance as the often shrieking heroine was widely panned and, in the opinion of many, had a very negative impact on her career and reputation, preventing her from acquiring more prestigious roles.

Capshaw converted to Judaism so she could wed the Jewish-American director Steven Spielberg on October 12, 1991; they have three children together biologically, and two adopted children
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:04 pm
Dolph Lundgren

Birth name Hans Lundgren
Born November 03, 1957 (age 48)
Stockholm, Sweden

Dolph Lundgren (born Hans Lundgren, November 3, 1957) is a Swedish actor.

Biography

Dolph Lundgren is 195 cm (6 ft 5 in) and weighs approximately 107 kg (237 lb). He speaks four languages: Swedish, English, German and partly French. He holds a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Kyokushin Karate and won the European full-contact karate championships in 1980 and 1981 and a heavyweight tournament in Australia in 1982 [1]. Also Dolph Lundgren experimented with anabolic steroids to improve his physique for Rocky IV as well as Showdown in Little Tokyo. He was also a member of the Swedish Kyokushin Karate knockdown team for the 1979 World Open Tournament arranged by the Kyokushin Karate Organization.

Movie career

In 1985, Lundgren made his feature-film debut in the James Bond film A View to a Kill. Then he beat out 5000 other hopefuls to land the breakthrough role of Ivan Drago, Sylvester Stallone's opponent in Rocky IV (1985). He received his first lead role as He-Man in Masters of the Universe (1987), based on the popular children's toy, but the film was not a success and was ridiculed by most audiences. Lundgren subsequently however found his calling in action films. He starred as Marvel comics character Frank Castle aka The Punisher, in the 1989 film The Punisher. In the 1990s he starred in action films such as Showdown in Little Tokyo, Universal Soldier, Red Scorpion, Silent Trigger and Johnny Mnemonic.

In recent years, Lundgren has usually only appeared in foreign and/or low-budget direct-to-video films. He has made his directorial debut in 2004 with the film Defender. After that he directed The Mechanik (Currently known in the United States as The Russian Specialist). Currently he is filming the historical adventure The Inquiry.

Personal life

He has been married to Anette Qviberg, a jewelry designer and fashion stylist, since 1994. The couple spend their time between their new home in London and Stockholm. They have two daughters: Ida Sigrid Lundgren (born April 1996) and Greta Eveline Lundgren (born January 2002).

Trivia

I was turned down at my first audition for Rocky 4 for being too tall, I was 6ft 5in and you were supposed to be 6ft 3in maximum. I didn't know what the casting call was for and I just showed up, they asked me how tall I was, I said 6ft 5in and they said "Next! - Impact magazine [2].
Dolph has often been the victim of over-billing, something he loathes according to his statement on a recent interview with a Swedish state channel. At one point, the interviewer asked "Are you 6.5 feet tall?" To which Dolph responded by saying, "No, it's supposed to be 6.3 feet". At the time of Showdown in Little Tokyo, he was marketed to the Japanese public as a 10 feet tall body-builder from a country near the North Pole and the son of a bear-trapper, who grew up in the harshest northern wilderness known to mankind.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:07 pm
> Two priests decided to go to Hawaii on vacation. They were determined
> to make this a real vacation by not wearing anything that would
> identify them as clergy.
>
> As soon as the plane landed, they headed for a store and bought some
> really outrageous shorts, shirts, sandals, sunglasses, etc.
>
> The next morning, they went to the beach, dressed in their "tourist"
> garb.
>
> They were sitting on beach chairs, enjoying a drink, the sunshine and
> the scenery when a "drop dead gorgeous" topless blond in a thong bikini
> came walking straight towards them. They couldn't help but stare.
>
> As the blond passed them, she smiled and said, "Good morning, Father.
>
> Good morning, Father," nodding and addressing each of them. They were
> both stunned. How in the world did she know they were priests?
>
> So the next day, they went back to the store and bought even more
> outrageous outfits. These were so loud you could hear them before you
> even saw them.
>
> Once again, the two priests (incognito) settled on the beach, in their
> chairs to enjoy the sunshine. After a while, the same gorgeous topless
> blond, wearing a string, taking her sweet time, came walking toward
> them.
>
> Again she nodded at each of them, and said, "Good morning, Father," and
> started to walk away.
>
> One of the priests couldn't stand it any longer and said, "Just a
> minute young lady."
>
> "Yes," she replied.
>
> "We are priests, and proud of it, but I have to know, how in the world
> did you know we are priests, dressed as we are?"
>
>
>
> "Father, it's me, Sister Mary Francis," she replied.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 12:20 pm
Hey, hawkman. What did you take for that sore throat? You sound really back in voice, Boston.

Love your Roman Catholic joke, Bob. Laughing

I am also amazed at some of the info you gave on the celebs. Now I remember Kate Capshaw. One of those "not-so-great" sequels to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Had no idea that Lulu did a theme from a James Bond movie, however.

He has a powerful weapon, he charges a million a shot. An assassin that's second to none, the man with the golden gun.

Lurking in some darkened doorway, or crouched on a rooftop somewhere, in the next room, or this very one, the man with the golden gun.

Love is required, whenever he's hired, it comes just before the kill. No one can catch him, no hitman can match him, for his million dollar skill.

One golden shot means another poor victim, has come to a glittering end. For a price he'll erase anyone, the man with the golden gun.

His eye may be on you or me. Who will he bang? We shall see.

Love is required whenever he's hired, it comes just before the kill. No one can catch him, no hitman can match him, for his million dollar skill.

One golden shot means another poor victim, has come to a glittering end. If you want to get rid of someone the man with the golden gun will get it done. He'll shoot anyone, with his golden gun.

Talk about double entendre, folks.
0 Replies